• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Squad for first 3 ODI's as follows

Michael Clarke (c), Daniel Christian, Xavier Doherty, Peter Forrest, Ryan Harris, David Hussey, Mike Hussey, Brett Lee, Mitchell Marsh, Clint McKay, Ricky Ponting, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner

No Haddin and no Shaun Marsh. Peter Forrest ...who ???

Peter Forrest is from Sydney, He moved up to Qld to get a more regular gig in a State team.

He was actually the captain of the Brisbane Heat in the T20 stuff, is a handy player so will be interesting to see how he goes.

I thought of you when I saw Haddin was "rested" Shane :)

I only saw a couple of the early Heat games, but Forrest wasn't a standout.

Just as well they didnt pick him for the T20s then hey :)

FYI he scored 154 runs in the BBL.
176 In the Ryobi Cup in 6 digs.
and 512 in the shield.

An experimental selection I'd assume.

did you not notice the " " you tool?

he'll be back in the later games in the series so it isnt splitting hairs.

FMD how do you manage to get through life with an IQ approaching that of a lounge chair and a comprehension level below that?

I must say I didn't really notice Wade, which is good news for the bowlers,i rarely noticed Gilly without his bat

Fro said:
did you not notice the " " you tool?

he'll be back in the later games in the series so it isnt splitting hairs.

FMD how do you manage to get through life with an IQ approaching that of a lounge chair and a comprehension level below that?

Yawn, more latent abuse, when will the mods who raced to sanction me sanction this abuse? I smell some cowardice and ALOT of double standards

Its turned into plain harassment tbh, you are both boring and pathetic, you are an absolute embarrassment and a **** excuse for a troll

Wonder what your family would think of your harassment of one person

Btw I wasnt talking directly to you,i was thinking out loud

Maybe I should dredge up threads from last year...actually your not worth another moment of my possibly short life

The Peter Forrest selection is very odd. Averages about 20 in ODD with a strike rate around 60. Obviously picked due to his Shield form to see whether he's up to facing International attacks.

Tom Cooper would've been a much better option imo.

Not sure on Dussey either, if you want to prep for the next World Cup in 2015, why pick a guy who'll be about 38 and isn't really that good anyway.

Agreed Volley, It appears a bit of an experimentla selection.

Cooper is an interesting one, played for Holland at last years world cup, and is doing pretty well down in Adelaide.

anyone who watches "cricket superstar" on Fox 8 would have seen his little brother as well..

Its a bit cringeworthy at times, but if there is nothing else you normally watch its probably worth a look,

I think it was filmed a while ago, they played the QIS squad ( I think) and one of the bowlers was young Mcdermott.

Birt would have been a better option than Forrest wouldn't he ? Looked so in the BB anyway

We have named some very, very experimental squads over here for our games against the Zimbos, plenty of guys in line for debuts

Birt is pretty much a T20 guy Kiwi, although he has had some success in the 50 over stuff.

He's in the T20 squad for the 2 matches this week.

Ferguson looks like he is the one who has had his ticket punched.

yeah for better or worse our selectors tend to be diverging a bit for all 3 forms.

dunno if its the right way or not, but it seems to be looking like it. there are exceptions of course.

I thought Quiney looked good in a couple of the Stars BBL games I caught, and I see he has racked up a couple of tons in the shield game over the weekend. Obviously got a reasonably solid technique and can hit in the shorter form, so he might be one worth a further look based on current form.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6