OFFICIAL : Rothfield writes us off for 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
No coach will be under more pressure next year than Manly’s Geoff Toovey. They are losing T-Rex, Brent Kite, Darcy Lussick and the outstanding Dean Whare. The established stars will be a year older and I can only see them going backwards.

RE: Rothfield writes us off for 2013

He's not exactly going out on a limb there. The chances of us making it to the preliminary final again next year would be 1 in 4 at best.

Anyway we all know he hates Manly, why give him oxygen here.

Since there are 16 teams and we came =3rd this season, yes it is quite possible that we will go backwards next season. Only a twit or a souths fan would already be discussing next season in September though.

I seem to remember he said we wouldn't make the finals this year. I love the Smellygraph. Top quality reporting.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
No coach will be under more pressure next year than Manly’s Geoff Toovey. They are losing T-Rex, Brent Kite, Darcy Lussick and the outstanding Dean Whare. The established stars will be a year older and I can only see them going backwards.
WE are losing T-Rex, Brent Kite, Darcy Lussick , Dean Whare and Rothfield is losing his mind

He said something similar at the beginning of season 2011 and we went on to win the premiership the guy is a tool & has no idea

This is the other crap that he wrote
LOWLIGHT
Manly’s performance against Storm was the worst I’ve seen in finals football from such a proud and successful club. The players owe their fans an apology.

TA TA T-REX
Tony Williams can’t get out of Manly quick enough. He hasn’t responded to Geoff Toovey’s coaching this season and desperately needs Des Hasler to save his career. He was absolutely pathetic against the Storm on Friday night.

While Rothfield is a knob, I fear he is right and that we won't be as competitive next season. I onbiously hope I am wrong, and that our juniors and young recruits come through and re-energise the squad.

Dikefalos said:
He said something similar at the beginning of season 2011 and we went on to win the premiership the guy is a tool & has no idea

This is the other crap that he wrote
LOWLIGHT
Manly’s performance against Storm was the worst I’ve seen in finals football from such a proud and successful club. The players owe their fans an apology.

TA TA T-REX
Tony Williams can’t get out of Manly quick enough. He hasn’t responded to Geoff Toovey’s coaching this season and desperately needs Des Hasler to save his career. He was absolutely pathetic against the Storm on Friday night.

Why will T-Rex respond better to Hasler's coaching? Hasler only got 3 good games out of him from 2 years he was with the club.

T-Rex has played his best footy at International level and the very start of the 2012 season.

The Who said:
While Rothfield is a knob, I fear he is right and that we won't be as competitive next season. I onbiously hope I am wrong, and that our juniors and young recruits come through and re-energise the squad.
Sao and Chee Kam look to be two of the most promising forwards in the U20's, give them a big off season and let them play first grade. Need some more youth in the side.

RE: Rothfield writes us off for 2013

Brookie Brawler said:
So Foran & DCE being a year older is bad? Ok.

I think he was talking about the age of our forwards. It doesn't matter who the halves are if the forwards don't lead the way. Some posters have talked about the lack of consistent metres this year and last Friday night was an exclamation mark on this. In a word - pathetic!

The Who said:

This...

And I don't care if we go backwards next year as long as the club bloods the young guys and has plenty of patience.

Rothfield also stated that the Tigers would win the 2012 competition, Sandow was the Buy of the Year and NSW would win SOO.

He also demanded the club had to move on Des once the Bulldogs deal for 2013 was announced, only to return four weeks later and demand the Board to be sacked for sacking Des!!!

I told a mate yesterday who follows the Raiders TC side very closely, due to having a relative in the team, that Manly had signed Chee Kam

His response was "are you kidding, he could play first grade now, he is he best player he has seen in the Toyota Cup"

He raved on and on and on.

I reckon we will go close in 2013.

bob dylan said:
I told a mate yesterday who follows the Raiders TC side very closely, due to having a relative in the team, that Manly had signed Chee Kam

His response was "are you kidding, he could play first grade now, he is he best player he has seen in the Toyota Cup"

He raved on and on and on.

I reckon we will go close in 2013.

Music to my ears !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7