Official word on "OFFICIAL" Threads

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We have been contacted by the club regarding the recent spate of threads using the word OFFICIAL in their title. The inference being that by capitalising the word you are in fact loudly suggesting that the content of the thread in some way reflects the view of the club, or in fact is a direct communication from the club.

Posters are reminded that unless they can prove they are in fact a paid employee of MWSE, or it's affiliated entities, they should refrain from using the word "OFFICIAL" in the title of any threads. I know that there are members of the MWSE administration, coaching staff and playing roster that regularly post here, and they are the only members legally entitled to use that adjective in a thread title in its capitalised form.

Posters are free to use the word in its lowercase form, or with a capital "O" (providing it is grammatically correct), or contained within quotation marks (as per the example of this thread title) should you wish to refer to an official "OFFICIAL" thread in your thread title.

Your cooperation will be appreciated and will reduce the risk of litigation in the event that someone may be misled in acting on information they believe to be endorsed by the club. While on this subject, just so we are clear, your posts in the "OFFICIAL" farewell thread will not be passed onto those departing players, nor is it "OFFICIAL" that our 2013 premiership chances are over.

edit: - it was a bloody joke, you scallywags! (got me good)

Although this effects me not.

I must say that officially pisses me off.

That's the word from the club?

Not thanks for your support,
Not we've organised a fan day
Not, well there's a thousand things actually.

Not any more info on their website either about what happens now.

And another thing, that is totally bull**** from a legal sense.

Now I respect you all on here, and rarely say anything controversial but ffs - we're out for the season and the club asks you to post this.

Top effort club.

edit: and no one by using the word official is suggesting anything like the club is suggesting.

Maybe Penn wants to control this site as well.

edit edit: In the first 2 pages I have 4 offending officials in 96 thread titles.

4.16% - Hardly a spate.

Well said globaleagle

They are lucky I dont run this website as I would return the email and let them know I dont care.

Corporate Bully's might be an apt description, wanting to throw their weight around where its not welcome.

This will no doubt get a run in Daily Smellegraph when one of the hacks look here.

More bad publicity coming to club i'd suggest.

Can we get a directive on "dce" and "mck" (Michael Chee Kam).

Should it be for example DCE or Dce or DCe or DcE

We are on Silvertails because the "Official" Forum was canned by the sensitive Scribe:mad:

Only an idiot would assume that any posts are in fact from the "Official" MWSE:dodgy:

As the "Official" MWSE paranoia squad are reading this - I believe that it would be courteous of the "Official" MWSE Site to have a video message by the Captain(s) to thank the Fans for their support and financial input in 2012.
Should not take any more time than that ludicrous email to Silvertails :idea:

I must admit to have wondered why we need to have the word OFFICIAL in a thread anyway.

Unless of course it's this

It's OFFICIAL Mark from Brisbane is a legend!!

I could Officially get to like that sort of thread heading

HappilyManly said:
We are on Silvertails because the "Official" Forum was canned by the sensitive Scribe:mad:

Only an idiot would assume that any posts are in fact from the "Official" MWSE:dodgy:

As the "Official" MWSE paranoia squad are reading this - I believe that it would be courteous of the "Official" MWSE Site to have a video message by the Captain(s) to thank the Fans for their support and financial input in 2012.

I was going to say that HM :)

I was going to add that a professionally run organisation also puts up videos from the captain, coach, and chairman thanking people who should be thanked after a season ends. The NHL for one (ice hockey).

Mark is a Legend, officially. Except for his spelling of the word "course".

Also, coke tried to trademark one of their taglines, I cant remember which.

Coke is it, I think. But it was ruled that no corporation can trademark a word in common useage, like, I guess official.

I just checked other forums - bigger than this one, and the word 'official' appears in titles in every one of them.

How about instead of wasting time emailing us about the use of a word in common use, they work on getting more funding for our home ground?

Global....I am passionate, dedicated and Manly through and through.

BUT sadly without spell check I am buggered, spelling is NOT one of my strongpoints!!

So we cant use the word officially any more?...Good to see, officially of course, that the club had set such high priority on this important official matter...fmd its going to be a tough and long off season.

sXi9H.jpg

edit: I know all the mods are now on their secret forums just saying, oh let them get it out of their system and everything will settle down.

We know how it works.

FIGHT THE POWER!

Initially I thought this was a long winded joke from chip and chase? Surely everyone knows this is not the official club website, and the use of the term on here has no status? Messages from the club are clearly marked as such.

Sound like some club people are a little touchy. Fair enough I suppose, I'm a little down after Friday too.

I take my comment back, I agree that use of the term "official" on this site could confuse Ritchie and rothfield, so best to spell things out as clearly as possible.

MWSE said:
How about instead of wasting time emailing us about the use of a word in common use, they work on getting more funding for our home ground?

I'd be happier if they taught the players how to catch a football.

Nothing wrong with Mark's spelling
globaleagle said:
HappilyManly said:

I was going to say that HM :)

I was going to add that a professionally run organisation also puts up videos from the captain, coach, and chairman thanking people who should be thanked after a season ends. The NHL for one (ice hockey).

Mark is a Legend, officially. Except for his spelling of the word "course".

Also, coke tried to trademark one of their taglines, I cant remember which.

Coke is it, I think. But it was ruled that no corporation can trademark a word in common useage, like, I guess official.

I just checked other forums - bigger than this one, and the word 'official' appears in titles in every one of them.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with Mark's spelling,because the cause of some of the problems here is coarse language.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8