Oh “Over-achievement� now I get it!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
“we have over-achieved this season� Dessie

I’ve read between the lines of Dessie’s comment and this is what I think he means.

The only over-achievement I can see is that we should have come last on form other than 8th. Dessie knows that we played like crap and didn’t deserve to make the 8. He knows he failed to deliver a truly competitive team when being in a fine position after 15 rounds ………………Therefore we over-achieved.

I must admire Dessies ability to take the piss out of everyone who is linked with the club. Dessie you are a true comedian.

Thanks Dessie for giving us a record 68-6 loss to the shire, about 5 inept/laughable performances and to top things off the worst semi final display I have ever seen from a Manly team.

Cheers to “OVER-ACHIEVEMENT�

I have never ever seen a 'True Believer' become so disenchanted so quickly.

Do you really believe what you read in the paper??? I bet you Dessie is saying very different things inside. "Maybe give me Jamie Lyon's phone number and what district club would like a much vaunted Prop" are two things!!!

Mate I think 10 weeks of pathetic football and a record loss is enough to annoy even the most one eyed supporter. We wanted a competitive team. With minimal injuries was this delivered?

Sundays first half was enough to show that our team had know idea, which imo Some poor judges would like to kid themselves by thinking it’s just the captain’s fault. Pfft.

disagree with the comments we did not deserve to be in the 8.

The competition is played over 26 weeks and we ended up ahead of teams like the Roosters and Bulldogs on the ladder so we did deserve our spot as far as I am concerned.

The competition is played over 26 weeks and we ended up ahead of teams like the Roosters and Bulldogs on the ladder so we did deserve our spot as far as I am concerned.
hey garts if that shirt of ures gets another run i reackon its overachieved.

Momentum is a big thing in football and we lost ours after Monasgate.

Interesting that the Broncos, with a much better roster, the top coach in the country and superstars everywhere have totally lost theirs as well. Tells you it is not as easy as it looks to remain switched on over 26 weeks!

Have the Broncs looked like an amateurish team at any stage. Have they looked unstructured?
Did they lost to any large margins over there lean spell.

I'm more concerned with the inept high scoring loses. That’s an attitude and structure issue. Which Dessie is responsible for? It boils down to the fact, Dessie couldn't keep the players focused during the lean period and he couldn't really blame it on injuries. Not like other teams which had there bad run of loses can.

Broncos have some depth, we have very little outside our top 13. Many of our squad are cast-offs from other clubs.

Would Jim Curtis, Phil Moorwoord, Nathan Tutt, Michael Monaghan, Steve Matai, Paul Stephenson get a run in any other teams???

Probably,

Dessie bought them. The PL side is competative. He spent to the salary cap. We had the best back row in the comp.

And hello we had minimal injuries, having 2 or 3 players out shouldn't turn a side into a rabble.

You're telling me that there was no difference in player intensity from the first half of the season and over the last 10 rounds.

Anyhow, :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

lol yeah fair enough we did win enough games, just lost to many in ordinary fashion.

CW if Dessie thinks we "over-achieved" by coming 8th.

What do you think he expected us to finish in the ladder, being the clubs par? 10th 13th 15th even?

If making the 8 wasn't expected then I think thats a real concern.

My memory tells me that overachieved was the term used for our early season run when we were running at the top of the table. I think the club always hoped it would make the 8 and we did, based on good home form in the first half of the year.

We were running better than the Panthers, Dogs and Roosters who have much better rosters and depth than us. The Raiders and Sharks faded similarly to us and the Broncos have fallen apart in the last 6 rounds as well.

Don't for a minute assume that what is said in public is really what the coach or management really think. They often will be quoted saying what certain parties want them to say.

My hope is that both players and coaches have learned from this year and that some of the problems in the club are addressed by those that matter. Bolstering our depth is also essential so that we can cover injury, loss of form etc.

mmm.......He made that statement during the after semi game press conference after we lost.

In all honesty he may have been told to say it, trying to somehow coverup our shocking finish to the season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4