Old Boys Day may get us to third.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
Newcastle play the Rabbitohs this weekend in their annual 'Old Boys Day' match. The Knights are undefeated in Old Boys games since it's inception. If that trend continues we may find ourselves in third place, meaning a trip to Melbourne.

Don't want 3rd. I want the Dogs in first week of finals. It would be a much tougher assignment Melbourne at home. Dogs have peaked already and were just warming to the task. Can't wait to towel up Des and the Dogs. Bring it on!

Bones, did you make it to Brookie on Friday night?

I remember reading that you had made it to all games this year and you had previously done it in 2008 and 2011 when we won the comp.

Did our good luck charm make it?

manlywarringah said:

I remember reading that you had made it to all games this year and you had previously done it in 2008 and 2011 when we won the comp.

Nah mate, I didn't make it. I was flat on my busted back at home hardly even able to move. That was the second game I'd missed this year. The first being the match at Townsville.

Melbourne is such a nice place to visit. Wouldn't mind it at all. If we're to go all the way, and we will, then beating those cheaters in their own backyard isn't beyond us. I see an easy win down there really. And the coffee's good.

bones said:
manlywarringah said:

Nah mate, I didn't make it. I was flat on my busted back at home hardly even able to move. That was the second game I'd missed this year. The first being the match at Townsville.

Never mind, you are a very dedicated supporter. You must have been in pain!

Just be there on grand final day......if we make it! ;)

the mauler said:
Don't want 3rd. I want the Dogs in first week of finals. It would be a much tougher assignment Melbourne at home. Dogs have peaked already and were just warming to the task. Can't wait to towel up Des and the Dogs. Bring it on!

Do not be fooled by the Bulldogs performance against the Raiders. It is classic Des, we had 40 put on on us by an ordinary South Sydney side 2 or 3 rounds before the end of the 2008 season. It was the last loss we had that season. I take no comfort from the Dogs performance at the weekend, I hope history disproves me.

Corso_Pete said:
the mauler said:

Do not be fooled by the Bulldogs performance against the Raiders. It is classic Des, we had 40 put on on us by an ordinary South Sydney side 2 or 3 rounds before the end of the 2008 season. It was the last loss we had that season. I take no comfort from the Dogs performance at the weekend, I hope history disproves me.

It's got nothing to do with performance against the Raiders. Just think a game in Sydney against Dogs is an easier proposition than Melbourne in Melbourne. Finals experience and the travel the 2 main reasons for my preference of the Dogs. Just think there's alot of chinks in the Dogs especially the backline. Finals footy is a different game altogether.

if we lose to titans we could come 5th also. I say we aim for 4th as their is no home ground for us anymore and make sure injuries are low. injuries and suspension are our biggest threat.

Getting to Sydney Olympic Park on Friday night will be tough without a bus service like they put on for the GF and SOO.

I want to play melbourne week 1, we need the tough hit out and the boys have travelled well this year. Should bring out the mean in the boys as well.

The Who said:
Getting to Sydney Olympic Park on Friday night will be tough without a bus service like they put on for the GF and SOO.

Is it a given that the Bulldogs will play the 1st Semi Final at Olympic Park? I was of the impression that the first 2 or 3 weeks of the semi final series was home city or region rather than home ground.

Corso_Pete said:
The Who said:

Is it a given that the Bulldogs will play the 1st Semi Final at Olympic Park? I was of the impression that the first 2 or 3 weeks of the semi final series was home city or region rather than home ground.

from NRL.com

Week One: Qualifying Finals & Elimination Finals
The highest qualifying teams after 26 Rounds will host each match at their normal home venue, with exception to any Sydney based NRL club which will play their 'home game' at either the SFS or ANZ Stadium.
Week Two: Semi Finals
The highest qualifying teams (after re-ranking following week 1 results) in each match (winners 3 & 4) will host in their home city.

The following home City venues may qualify to host a Final in Week 2:

New South Wales / ACT:
Sydney: Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium
Canberra: Canberra Stadium
Newcastle: Energy Australia Stadium

Queensland:
Brisbane: Suncorp Stadium
Gold Coast: Skilled Park
Townsville: Dairy Farmers Stadium

Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium, MCG

New Zealand:
Auckland: Mt Smart Stadium

* A decision on which days both Finals will be played will be made following the completion of Week 1

Week Three: Preliminary Finals
The highest qualifying teams (after re-ranking following week 1 results) in each match (winners 1 & 2) will host in their home Region.

The following Regions and venues may qualify to host a Final in Week 3:

New South Wales/ACT:
All Teams: Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium

Queensland:
South East Queensland Region: Suncorp Stadium
North Queensland Region: Dairy Farmers Stadium

Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium, MCG

New Zealand:
Auckland: Mt Smart Stadium

Members online

Latest posts