OLD THREAD: Watmough lost his licence on 12/2/2011 for doing 133km in an 80km zone.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jonesyv2

Reserve Grader
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eages-player-anthony-watmough-stripped-of-driving-licence/story-e6frexnr-1226007119401

MANLY Sea Eagles backrower Anthony Watmough has been stripped off his driver's licence after being clocked driving more than 50km/h over the speed limit on a busy Sydney road.

Police confirmed a 27-year-old Freshwater man was pulled over by authorities just before 2am on January 12 on the Warringah Freeway.

Watmough's Lexus was travelling at 133km/h in an 80km/h zone and had his provisional licence confiscated on the spot. He was also fined for not displaying any P plates.

The traffic incident is a continuation of Watmough's off-field woes, which also included a scuffled with a sponsor at a Manly season launch in 2009 - the same night teammate Brett Stewart was charged with sexual assault, a matter he was later cleared of by the courts.

Idiot

Re: Anthony Watmough loses licence after clocking 133km in an 80km zone.

Dumb but its very easy to speed on that road. I always do late at night, obviously I need to be more careful.

Just the kind of exposure the club needs at the moment.

I wonder if Lexus would consider a sponsorship arrangement?
They got a free plug in the article. Imagine what a paid sponsorship could do.
Perhaps all our players could get done for speeding in their Lexus over the course of the year?

Here's a question why are Police commenting on this?

One question - why is a 'man' in his late twenties only on a provisional licence? Has he had a number of previous serious infringements, or is he just one of these knobs who don't worry about getting their learners as soon as they're old enough? ::)

He can ask Kingy for tips on what bus to catch.

Bit of a non-issue tbh, as long as he is ready to play football I couldn't care less.

Goes to show how out of the mainstream a lot of these guys are.  27 year old P plater.

Waits for Gallops 4 week suspension

Wolfpack link said:

Bit of a non-issue tbh, as long as he is ready to play football I couldn't care less.

Any bad press is an issue for the club... another step backwards from a prospective major sponsor.

Him and T-Rex can share cabs everywhere.

He prob just has problems reading the speedo cause of his beady eyes. Also explains why he drops the ball.

Mcatmos link said:
[quote author=Wolfpack link=topic=186481.msg316157#msg316157 date=1297843277]

Any bad press is an issue for the club... another step backwards from a prospective major sponsor.
[/quote]

I don't think that this event will have any noticeable effect on our search for a sponsor.

There are plenty of these events every year from players from every team. If possible sponsors were that worried about similar events to the one in question then it's doubtful that they'd sponsor any football club.

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=Mcatmos link=topic=186481.msg316169#msg316169 date=1297844927]

[/quote]

I don't think that this event will have any noticeable effect on our search for a sponsor.

There are plenty of these events every year from players from every team. If possible sponsors were that worried about similar events to the one in question then it's doubtful that they'd sponsor any football club.
[/quote]
So it's as if it didn't happen then?

Ever since his contract upgrade he has been involved in some silly stuff. I just hope his ego gets well and truly deflated so he can get back to playing rugby league.

Geez there are alot of dumb footballers. They get paid about 5 or 6 times the average wage to act like dickheads.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Wolfpack link=topic=186481.msg316173#msg316173 date=1297846504]
[quote author=Mcatmos link=topic=186481.msg316169#msg316169 date=1297844927]

[/quote]

[/quote]
So it's as if it didn't happen then?
[/quote]

Didn't say that. The club certainly needs to acknowledge the event & give Choc a slap on the wrist for it but I just don't think that it'll make that much of an impact on our search for a sponsor.

No need to make a wave out of a ripple.

WOW! Such interesting news. What the hell does this have to do with Rugby League!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6