Oldfield "Hat-trick"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Yeah im not sold on those 3 tries

Sure he finished the job and to be honest,if i could keep up even i would have scored a double in his jersey tonight,the 3rd where he stepped may have been a bridge to far for myself but an CURRENT A-Grader could have done that with ease to

I'm still not sold on him,he was never under pressure tonight under a high ball nor was Taufua which basically sealed the fate of the dumb dragons

I fear the smarter team,Melbourne who is up next

I dearly hope Wolfman is ready to go,because Cronk would have a field day on this fringe first grader

Oldfield's involvement was the best for a long time he made some good scoots from dummy half and no errors. Jorge on the other hang is a nightmare under the high ball he just won't jump which will be a nightmare against the scum. Dragons tried but just couldn't execute it.

Gee that's harsh. He doesn't have a huge amount of FG experience but he stepped up last night. He made sure he was positioned well to receive the passes and he got the ball down. You can't criticize someone when they score 3 try's in a Manly win.

It's very easy for rookie wingers to make a mess of things so I'll give him credit for not putting a foot wrong last night.

I think he has obvious potential and last night would have done his confidence the world of good.

It just goes to show how talented our right side attack is that they were able to put on a hattrick for a winger who has generally struggled in first grade.

Why let predetermined opinion stand in the way of performance ?

Harsh. His positional play has improved heaps, and he took those 3 chances perfectly. Made the try from the kick look easy. Imagine if he did a taufua and stood in front of Jamie? We would have got no tries. Lot of sideways running from taufua last night. I'd keep oldie and wolf on wings once wolf returns. Also a great decision to come in and shut cooper down when saints looked dangerous.

I thought he had a great game. As KaZa said, his defensive reads were excellent.
I actually think he might wind up playing centre further into his career. Hope it's with us.

A polished performance by a guy who will improve dramatically with another 20 games outside Lyon.

bob dylan said:
A polished performance by a guy who will improve dramatically with another 20 games outside Lyon.

True enough, his name in the sheet still scares the **** out of me though

Give the guy a break he was bloody good in defense last night, his positional play has improved and he knows how to score a try. I never rated him before but players can improve and i think he is doing just that, a bit like Lussick and even Harrison really.

So he did absolutely nothing wrong last night and we have this topic popping up ?

It is interesting watching on here sometimes, some players just can't catch a break, while some are flawless

Best examples I can come up with recently, would be Taufua and Whare. Taufua had 1-2 average games and has been ridden on here every week since. Whare had an absolute shocker against Penrith but never rated a mention

Yep, good on him.
He has mountains of potential and is improving with every opportunity he's given. At this point he's a safer option than Taufua in my opinion and I think in the long run he's more likely to become a star than Taufua.

I agree with what was said before about keeping Oldie with Lyon. He'll learn well along side the master. Wolfie doesn't need to be helped out, he's a danger all on his own and poses quite a threat with Matai.

Has had limited game time & in the past would have had the odd error, poor defensive read & missed tackles in what was a rugged game of footy.
Credit where its due, Oldfield was solid & played a great wingers game including 2 defensive rushes complemented with tough tackles nullifying Illawarra tryscoring opportunities & for mine that was more impressive than the 3 tries.
Its true he has not set the world on fire in 2012, but with that performance he is definately heading in the right direction.

As much as I love Wolfman, maybe it's time for Manly to invest in players that can actually play. Maybe Taufua and Oldfield ARE the way to go, going forward?

We'd save a heap of coin in the process as well.

Farrar can bide his time in reggies getting back up to speed, and be the depth for B Stewart.

By the way, what is the new NRL rule about age and 1st grade? Is it 18, or 20?

Central Coast Eagle said:
Oldfield should stay outside of Lyon even when wolfie returns.
Id move wolfie to the other wing

It is worth experimenting with this idea, but AFTER the Storm game.

Oldie shines next to Lyons, but is woefull as a left side winger.

Great tosee the Team happy once more :angel:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4