Oldfield v Whare

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
After tonight I'm more convinced than ever that Oldfield should stay at Whare's expense.

Whare's a more than decent centre but he's no winger.

Oldfield

Thought he was good tonight. Not sure about others but probably a better wing option instead of whare.

RE: Oldfield

Didn't see previous thread. Sorry please delete thanks mods

Toss of the coin for mine, if he had passed early to DCE and stayed back for the Killer pass late in the 2nd half we could have had 2 more trys.

Yes, Oldie looks a lot more comfortable in the wing position... however, he did make a couple of poor judgements this evening which were both potentially scoring opportunities...

He's always good for a couple of tries when he gets a run.
Always liked him and wish he'd developed into a starting winger but he got overtaken by Juggernaut Jorge. Sorry to see him go to the Roosters (sorry for anybody who ends up there).

Oldfield could of got us another two tries tonight by just implementing the basics. First example draw and pass and Cherry Evans scores under the posts. Second example if he stays behind his centre while the ball is still alive then he would of had a great opportunity in 2nd half to score with his pace. His talent is wasted by his poor concentration. I believe Toovey has it right.

Halfway through the game I woulda gone him over Whare but he was caught positionally on attack a few times. That is where we really miss Wolf

north coast eagle said:
Oldfield could of got us another two tries tonight by just implementing the basics. First example draw and pass and Cherry Evans scores under the posts. Second example if he stays behind his centre while the ball is still alive then he would of had a great opportunity in 2nd half to score with his pace. His talent is wasted by his poor concentration. I believe Toovey has it right.

THIS

Whare did an excellent job on Tate tonight, he couldnt do anything.

Whares defense was superb.

In saying that thought, I think Oldfields speed is second to none and thats all Lyon needs because he opens up the hole.

I also think Oldfield reads Lyons play a lot better, he seemed to be in the right place at the right time for every play.

Some huge calls coming up for Toovey....

Mauro is also being wasted on the bench, may as well of had Rose come on and give a good 25 mins of impact.

Whare was huge tonight - great centre and big loss for us. Oldfield is a genuine centre and his pace was awesome. Pity about the inside ball to Daly!! That should have been a simple try.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7