On a Positive note

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
The Holden Cup boys bounced back and beat the Eels 24 to 10 any match reports from those that were there?

Especially pleasing given that Tom T has apparently re-signed for a couple more years

But what is really curious is that the Junior Sea Eagles recently were thrashed by the Titans who are lingering near the bottom of the comp yet come out and belt the team coming second, The Junior Eels. So what's the explanation?

I have been very closely following the 20s boys all season and now know a few of them. They have so much belief in themselves and that's why they're beating these top teams. Whereas why they lose to lower teams I don't know. Anyway it's awesome watching them play as they are close to my age and I can't wait to see some of them play first grade

The 20s boys have been up and down all season, winning at the most unexpected times against teams who are virtually unstoppable, and losing games they were certain to win.

But last night they truly stepped up and beat second placed Parramatta Eels by 14 points.

Unfortunately Manly Under 20s captain Jack Delaney was ruled out with turf toe prior to kick off, adding to the list of their quite injured side.

Their first signs of positivity came when Manly forced a Parramatta goal line drop out within the first few minutes of the game. It wasn't until the 21st minute that Manly opened up the scoring with centre Luke Garner crossing the line.

Hooker Michael Stig scored soon after and Garner's kick was successful, Manly 10 - Parramatta 0

A try and a concerted try were scored by the Eels just before the break making it 10 all at half time.

Manly came back out firing scoring again in the 54th minute through Latrell Schaumkel, their left side winger.

Only minutes after a chip over the top saw the very talented Tom Trbojevic catch the ball and offload to their lock Liam Knight and extend Manly's lead again.

A bomb went up in the 73rd minute and Trbojevic did it again, this time letting Luke Garner score his second of the night. Converting his try, the siren sounded and Manly beat the favourites 24-10.

Manly, Souths, Panthers, Warriors and Storm are all fighting for 7th and 8th spot. As long as the Sea Eagles 20s boys continue at this standard, they will make it to the finals and they can beat anyone as long as they put 110% effort into it like they did last night.

Round 25: v Panthers (7th)*
Round 26: v Cowboys (12th)*

*as of 23rd August 2014

That was my match report :)

He's a freak! His tries are outstanding and his try assists are just as good. Crazy to think he's only a few years older than me but is already in an under 20s competition. Jake and him are our future

Positive note: I'm back in Aust!

Less positive: My cousin's wife died unexpectedly. Bloody hell, I think coming home has cursed my family!

I watched the entire game and the young Eagles put the worms to the sword, the worms only scored their points when Manly were reduced to 12 players either side of half time.

The overwhelming feature for me was the scrambling defence, they saved at least 4 tries by holding up players.

I see a bright future, so much talent in this grade, challenge is to keep the majority of them now.

No need to fret about the future, we have a new generation that is going to give us fans very exciting times.

globaleagle said:

Less positive: My cousin's wife died unexpectedly. Bloody hell, I think coming home has cursed my family!
man that is sad news GE,sorry to hear that mate,my best to your family mate

Thanks for the report. Sorry GE for your loss.

How did Taylor and Hopoate go. Sounds like Tom Terrific and Knight had top games.

Bearfax said:
Thanks for the report. Sorry GE for your loss.

How did Taylor and Hopoate go. Sounds like Tom Terrific and Knight had top games.

Charlie took some brilliant takes and ran awesome metres as usual. Jamil also played outstanding - I swear the kid makes a break every game! So so strong! And yes Tom and Liam were great

globaleagle said:

Man you are having a dour time :(

Bloody Manly should 'win it for GE's Hat' :idea: :angel:

Sigh....and I have a cold!

Thanks guys, 2 funerals in a week. Sheesh

On a positive note; souffs lost and my community jersey arrived!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2