One BIG positive from tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
The one big positive going for us for next week is we are coming off a gutsy, courageous win. The boys will be high on confidence and enthusiasm. Unlike tonight where even 2V said before the game that the boys were down after last weeks loss and wanted the weeks rest. Now we are on even terms with Souffs. It's suddeen death and ALL the pressure and expectation is now on Souffs. We will be written off here. Everyone expects Souffs to win. We have the advantage.

Big game/Semi finals experience for Manly....shed loads.

souffs....a lot less.

And souffs don't handle favoritism well.

If we don't win next week dental hygiene could be set back to levels not seen since the time of Maximus Dufusus. Do it for Oral health Manly.

mickqld said:
The one big positive going for us for next week is we are coming off a gutsy, courageous win. The boys will be high on confidence and enthusiasm. Unlike tonight where even 2V said before the game that the boys were down after last weeks loss and wanted the weeks rest. Now we are on even terms with Souffs. It's suddeen death and ALL the pressure and expectation is now on Souffs. We will be written off here. Everyone expects Souffs to win. We have the advantage.

Hate to say this but not feeling confident.
Manly battle weary against a monster (protected) pack.
I do agree though, as underdogs we will definitely be "under the radar".
The pressure & weight of expectation just may get to souffs.
Let the mind games begin

mickqld said:
Love your bravado mate and I am ever the optimist. But ****, it is going to be bloody tough with half the team on painkillers and the plain to see fatigue in the last 20-30 minutes.

Regardless of what happens next week, I am damn proud of the team and coaching staff getting us this far in what I consider to have been a very successful season with a team not considered top 8 material before a ball was kicked this year. Just shows what a unique and incomparable culture with have at this mighty club.

Remember the 'Alamo 1978' Six games in 25 days. Still the greatest Manly performance of all. And unlike the Yanks, Manly won.

Biggest positive for me is that we finally get a 7 day turn around!

Big positive is that we are still alive in this competition.
We have a great trainer who will know how to refresh the bodies. Wonder if we have a psychologist to work on their mental freshness? I have a feeling that will be just as important.

Or maybe just rely on the famous Manly spirit.

The biggest positive is, now this Manly Team believe that they too can back up, like the 1978 Manly Legends.

The kicking game of DCE, saved a lot of effort last night - so keep practicing Chez. Just need to limit the number of fancy passes - for no forward momentum - that Manly still produced last night. :idea:

Watching them in the last 20 minutes, reminded me of this classc poem. The heart and mind were willing, but the sinew was just fatigued - yet they hung on :exclamation: :angel::heart::angel:

It was almost cruel to watch their pain, but these trials help build their character in life.:cool:
--------------------------------------------------------
Rudyard Kipling

IF.....

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you
If all men count with you, but none too much

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Go Manly, bring back that Trophy:angel:

We're alive and lots of other teams aren't. That's very positive.
It'd be hilarious to knock Souths out in the major semi and prevent them from even reaching the grand final - possibly more satisfying than beating them in a grand final. But the fact they've had the week off and have the refs in their pocket will be hard to overcome.

Admittedly Carney was missing, however had a fit B. Stewart played, I don't think Cronulla would have gotten close. That long Hiku break where he mistimed the pass to Jimbo, the little hot potato game which led to a breakdown which then led to Cronulla's first try - throw Snake in and those scenarios could have been very different.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Big positive is that we are still alive in this competition.
We have a great trainer who will know how to refresh the bodies. Wonder if we have a psychologist to work on their mental freshness? I have a feeling that will be just as important.

Or maybe just rely on the famous Manly spirit.

I found it interesting that Tooves admitted to a mistake last week and perhaps trained the boys too hard!!! He was surprised how quickly the energy drained from them and will adjust this weeks schedule accordingly.

There is little difference in the size of the Sharks and Souths packs, so I am confident that the 7-day break will be enough to see our boys refreshed further and ready to take on the 19 taking the field for the Rabbits.

This is the pefect scenario for Manly, coming off a draining 2 weeks and 2 of the toughest games of football, now primed and ready to destroy the vermin, who will be the sole attention of the media all week.

In relation to motivation look no further that 6 weeks ago when we were dudded by the pinkies and that Lima did what he did to Choc, we owe them!!

The pressure is all on the vermin, the weight of expectation is theirs.

I just hope they dont get a leg up from the pinkies.

Crush em Manly!!

Big positive was no serious injuries. My heart skipped a beat last night when Killer went down clutching what I thought was a serious knee injury. In those 30 seconds or so I saw our title hopes fade away.

We should have beaten Souffs last time. I hope the boys remember that game at Bluetongue and how they had their number for 60 minutes before the pinkies stepped in.

And as for the Rooters......the margin has come down each time. 12, 6 then 4. The Rooters are a good side no doubt. But they have thrown ib some absolute shockers this year and are about due again.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2