One for Mata

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Dubbo Gold Cup day blows away expectations

The City Of Dubbo Turf Club is ecstatic with the results of Sunday’s Gold Cup race meeting which has set a positive platform for the next two big days on VRC Derby Day and Melbourne Cup Day.

A near record betting turnover for the Club, an attendance of almost 3000, wonderful support from sponsors, fantastic weather and quality racing ensured a very successful day that exceeded expectations.
The feature event was the XXXX Gold Dubbo Gold Cup and once again Randwick trainer Graeme Rogerson claimed a country trophy when Cash Carter added the Dubbo Cup to his Goulburn Cup earlier in the year with an emphatic victory in the $40,000 event.

Ridden by Rogerson’s inform apprentice Peter Wells, Cash Carter’s win was a comfortable one defeating Winbreaker and Wicked Wizard while local hero Juerga finished fourth.

While the Cup was the feature race there is little doubt the highlight for the locals on the day was the brilliant return to racing of Dubbo’s star sprinter King Rex. The 2005 Ramornie Handicap winner was heavily supported in the ring and “Rex”, piloted by local apprentice Brooke McFadden, didn’t let the locals down as he cruised to victory in the Elders Dubbo Dash and was greeted by a wonderful reception from the locals upon returning to the yard.

There was plenty of glamour on course thanks to the outstanding Fashions On The Field promotion by Orana Mall while Stacey Powton from Parkes was the most excited person on course after being the lucky gate prize winner and taking home a $5500 diamond ring courtesy of Everly Leading Edge Jewellers.

On Cup eve the South Dubbo Tavern hosted a highly successful Gold Cup Calcutta that saw a final pool of almost $13,000 and set a positive scene for the following days activities.

The Dubbo Turf Club would like to thank the sponsors of Gold Cup Day for their wonderful support – XXXX Gold, Sky Channel, Water Dynamics, Elders Limited, Orana Mall, Everly Leading Edge Jewellers, South Dubbo Tavern, Peter Milling & Company, PT Lord Dakin & Associates, Team Irrigation, Landmark and Cowboy Ray Boden Painting & Decorating as well as Mrs Zeta Wallace.

The next race meeting at Dubbo is the regions biggest social event of the year – Derby Day – Saturday November 4th, followed by Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday November 7th.

Packages for Derby Day are now on sale with the “I Love Dubbo Winning Post Party” tickets available for $150 each, the “Colts & Fillies Carnivale” for $65 each as well as a pre paid special offer for $25 that includes an entry ticket and five drink vouchers. Pre paid general admission tickets are also available for $12.

For further information contact Jayne Griggs at the Turf Club on 6882 1044. The Dubbo Turf Club is currently developing a brand new website as well that will be launched later this month and will have further details regarding both packages fro Derby Day as well as Melbourne Cup Day.

We did some catering at the Gold Cup i 2002 when it was the dodgy Jim Foo Gold Cup and worht $100,000. We took a hammering. They were talking up a crowd of 10,000 and we were lucky to get a quarter of that.

Derby Day is the biggest race day on the Dubbo calendar. Wellington Boot is also a big one for the Central West. Then there's the Louth Races which is the mother of all B&S bashes with a horse race as an excuse for having it.

Did you notice Pizza Runners wasn't in the list of sponsors? ;)

In Narrandera they were going to have a fun run this year like the 'City to Surf'.
They are racing from the sewerage treatment plant to the racecourse and calling it the '****ty to Turf'

In Narrandera they were going to have a fun run this year like the 'City to Surf'.
They are racing from the sewerage treatment plant to the racecourse and calling it the '****ty to Turf'
You should have come to Wagga last weekend pj,
We had the lake to lagoon. But it is more like " A big hole in the ground to Carp sewerage Central".

Yeah I saw that Earl- I did a story on a team that competed in it from Narrandera....bugger running anywhere- I'd rather swim laps anyday!

PRactising running is great, you never know when you are going to have to run from trouble :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4