One thing to work on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The way the game was officiated, i think it was hard on the boys to kick on. 22-4 with 5 to go was not a bad result with that refereeing. The last 2 trys were soft, and am sure would not have been scored if it was a crunch game.

That was the most frustrating thing. I guess that is the downside of having a number of young players in the team. And the refs did not help.

Too many soft penalties. But I'm not sure how you can stop giving away soft penalties when the refs are nitpicking or in a few cases tonight, just very unlucky to have them given.

That was easily the worst Refereeing performance I've seen in a long time. Bummer we let those last two in, but I thought we did really considering they had two more on their side.

Seriously though, for the first 60ish minutes of that game I felt like I was watching the '08 side defending.

Great defending most of game especially 1st half but very poor last 5 mins of game , to win by only 6 as mentioned above is disappointing . should have won by plenty more

Yes i agree, and this is what Des is wanting from the side aswell so i don't think he will be happy in that respect. That said its one step at a time and we are improving in other areas each week.

I think the amount of defense we had to do took alot out of us so I'm still happy. I think oldfields defense will get better so not to worry. Enjoy the win guys!!!!

Silly post. Its Rd 6.
There's plenty of improvement in this team.
The big wins will come. Winning is the key.
An avalanche of points is close.

Even during 2007/2008 we struggled to put teams away more often than we should have(Qtr/Semi Final time 2008 our only consistent period)----its the main sticking point i have with Dessie that he has never been able to address due to bad attacking structures and habits.

We have the players to do so---its not a lack of cattle or attacking options---we have lacked overal speed and also individual flair in the halves in the past which has not helped but not the major reason.

The attacking structures in place are over-used and consistent side ways attacking habits continuely creep into our play too often. A problem many modern attacking moves have developed inside the opposition Qtr is the over use of a long pass from dummy half without other shorter options.

Sometimes you see the halfback 15-20m away with no shorter option it makes it predictable that in that space between you dont have to defend or man up---makes it easier for the defence to slide as the ball is being passed without worrying about plays through the middle.

We need more simplistic straight runner plays through the middle to drag defenders in making it easier to stretch them for numbers when we finally use our trademark second man sweep plays. Even simple cross over plays up the middle to start with using players with leg drive will help draw in enough defenders this early in the season.

We used to have great success with the occassional (not over used) short pass off the shoulder to Choc who would turn an angle back inside towards the posts.

Hardly see it these days, so yes, I would like to see that return as one of our attacking options.

Jatz Crackers said:
We used to have great success with the occassional (not over used) short pass off the shoulder to Choc who would turn an angle back inside towards the posts.

Hardly see it these days, so yes, I would like to see that return as one of our attacking options.

That was actually a long ball from Orford :)

One pleasing aspect of Friday night was gift's straight running instead of the sideways movement, this provided better options for killer who had his best game of the season

I don't know what it is we win but we're never convinced is to much sideway running,wrong attacking options,or lack of pace from our team someone give me an answer.

Matabele said:
Putting sides away! We should have disemboweled that mob, not win by 6.

i`d rather win by 6 then be run down after leading by nearly 20 with 20 to go, as what`s been the case last 2 seasons..

this yr we have atleast shown we will fight to keep our lead & regain it if we have lost it....

Technical Coach said:
Even during 2007/2008 we struggled to put teams away more often than we should have(Qtr/Semi Final time 2008 our only consistent period)----its the main sticking point i have with Dessie that he has never been able to address due to bad attacking structures and habits.

Wait. So you think that peaking at Qtr/Semi/Grand Final time was some sort of fluke??

There is no point in towelling up teams during the year then crumbling come finals. Go follow the Roosters or Dragons if thats what appeals to you.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4