Opinions?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Righto,

Sorry to distract from the footy talk, however after a few months of running under this new system, I wanted to see how everyone likes it now?

Is it better or worse than the old system and why?

Besides just the forum is the rest of the site useful and easy to use?

I am in the process of starting a new project and deciding whether I should stick with the current CMS, revert to the old one or use a different one (no it's not for silvertails)

Dan

old was good, new is good.

But if you are using us as a beta site I'd say the new one is a bit slicker

It may be this computer,but reading the posts in the right hand side of the forum(maroon area),is a pain in the arse...

One log in would be better but I think this one is a lot quicker/reliable than the old

I like how much cleaner the site is. Less clutter means easier use.

The only thing I would suggest is making the links for new post, profile ect a little easier to find.

I know most here are probably used to where they are but for new users its not so easy. I remember how long and hard I had to look the first time i wanted to find my profile or post a new topic under the new system.

robbiea link said:
It may be this computer,but reading the posts in the right hand side of the forum(maroon area),is a pain in the arse...

YEah that is a bug I keep meaning to fix, it only appears if you are not logged in. I might spend some time today making a combined login script. and also trying to fix the tab data, though am feeling a bit crook so may just finish my work and sit by the pool

Dan

Dig the site, thanks for the good work. The only bugbear I have is that in Forums, sigs look a lot like comments.

It makes it harder to read, to differentiate between comments and fixed quotes.

cheers
weev

weev link said:
Dig the site, thanks for the good work. The only bugbear I have is that in Forums, sigs look a lot like comments.

It makes it harder to read, to differentiate between comments and fixed quotes.

cheers
weev

If you go to your forum profile, you can set a few different options, one of those is to hide signatures.

I hide them that way it looks much better!

Dan

Dan link said:
[quote author=robbiea link=topic=177833.msg189434#msg189434 date=1215721241]

YEah that is a bug I keep meaning to fix, it only appears if you are not logged in. I might spend some time today making a combined login script. and also trying to fix the tab data, though am feeling a bit crook so may just finish my work and sit by the pool

Dan
[/quote] So it is !I will start logging in then,cheers Dan..

no worries, I wish I could figure out the exact reason though

mate on the front page the "popular" news articles are pretty old. Mkes the site look a little out of date.

Popular articles are the ones that have been viewed the most ! hence "popular"  I can do a latest one instead

Yeah i understand that but IMO having outdated news articles on the front page of the site gives the impression that it hasnt been updated

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6