Optimistic- But is this too much

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For the past 7 or so seasons, I've always bought my Grand Final tix on the first morning of the members pre sale window, genuinely believing we'd be there. It's worked out pretty well, had great seats in 08 and 11, also 13 (although I've wiped it from my memory), and even went to the others when we weren't there......That window begins tomorrow morning, I'm still deciding?? By the way, if we can sneak into the 8, we're as good a chance as anyone

I will happily eat my words here...but we arent going to feature at all on GF day, except for a few retirees sitting on Hilux utes.

I must admit I had a wry chuckle when the special members' window purchase email arrived this week. I'm an optimist, but not a fool. Gimme 10 wins then I might buy.

I can't see it guys as we're 4 points out of the 8.A few of the other sides haven't had the bye yet.
We've had 2 fewer games than some other teams, which means we have had less opportunity to get level. The point is don't factor in the other teams' bye points until we have all played the same amount of games.

I was thinking today......What sort of uproar would there be if the Donkeys and the Cowgirls made the GF ? They'd be screaming for it to be moved from ANZ.

I was thinking today......What sort of uproar would there be if the Donkeys and the Cowgirls made the GF ? They'd be screaming for it to be moved from ANZ.

Donkeys and Cowgirls fans on FB are already starting to call for the GF (which apparently is a sure thing to have those two teams) to be moved to Brisbane.

Fat chance of that happening. The NRL could probably sell as many corporate tickets to a GF at ANZ as Suncorp holds in total capacity. Then there are still some 30,000 seats to fill. Until Brisbane gets a 70-80,000 seat stadium (which I doubt it will for a long time yet) then don't expect to see the GF moved any time soon.

Still, there is talk, however meaningful or meaningless, of a breakaway competition a-la Super League. And if you recall the SL war effectively started when the ARL refused to move the GF from the 42,500 seat SFS to the 60,000 seat ANZ (QEII) in Brisbane..........

Last edited:
I'm buying mine, like I do each year:)

Bronze are only $45 plus handling, and according to the email, the cheapest will be $80 when they go on sale to the Public@:cool:

If we don't make the Finals or fall out after week 2 of the Final (2014), then the NRL Buy Back (at Ticketek HQ Westfield in Pitt St) buy it back at face value
or I sell it on eBay, as they will double in value in any case.

'Build it and they will come' @:)

Last edited:
If Manly can bank 4 points from the next 2 games which is possible, the odds will slash & the Seaeagles will become a team that can almost match the best teams, but unfortunately in 2015 a couple of tough forwards from being serious contenders - the 8 - I have no doubt its a realistic place

You never know but not this year for our senior team.

If our senior team don't make the finals and our u/20's can sneak into the top 4 ,I give them a good chance of being there representing us on the big day - Tom T would play finals with our u/20's and I think could take them all the way.

Last edited:
Forty five bucks a ticket is a no brainer, I will go to the game regardless, At last the NRL realise they have to be fair with ticket prices, in 11 I paid 70 bucks for a ticket and in 13 that same ticket cost 160 bucks.

I'm buying mine, like I do each year:)

Bronze are only $45 plus handling, and according to the email, the cheapest will be $80 when they go on sale to the Public@:cool:

If we don't make the Finals or fall out after week 2 of the Final (2014), then the NRL Buy Back (at Ticketek HQ Westfield in Pitt St) buy it back at face value
or I sell it on eBay, as they will double in value in any case.

'Build it and they will come' @:)

Are you sure that the NRL are doing the 'buy back' thing this year, I haven't read about it anywhere??

Are you sure that the NRL are doing the 'buy back' thing this year, I haven't read about it anywhere??
Its never advertised, but prior to week 3 of Finals its been done for a few years,
I think due to the requirement of going to Ticketek HQ, most people don't utilize the option.

But if you are concerned, don't buy any tickets till Manly forge through :)

OK, so I just got a response from the NRL.....turns out there not doing the buy back option this year.....I do like going to the GF every year but if Manly are there I'd buy the premium tix, not sure I'm willing to pay that much this year if we're not. Looks like I'll just wait to see if we make it, I'm sure the NRL will be holding back tix for supporters of the 2 competing teams to be released GF week.

Thanks for your help/comments

OK, so I just got a response from the NRL.....turns out there not doing the buy back option this year.....I do like going to the GF every year but if Manly are there I'd buy the premium tix, not sure I'm willing to pay that much this year if we're not. Looks like I'll just wait to see if we make it, I'm sure the NRL will be holding back tix for supporters of the 2 competing teams to be released GF week.

Thanks for your help/comments
No matter what they say, they want full stadium for GF and will buy back the tickets if say Broncos or Dragons get in as they have huge supporter bases.
Its all about the image with the NRL@:cool:
2 tix for $20 tickets for the Melbourne SOO - they will give you steak knives too :cool:

Yes, they do hold back tickets for the 2 Clubs that are eventual contenders and you can always buy it on eBay too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6