Optimum number of Captains.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
I notice that Parramatta have decided to get innovative and go with three captains. This is a step forward as two are obviously better than one, three are bound to be better than two. How long till some forward thinking club decides four is the way to go or even thirteen. Every player could be captain and no one would feel inferior or suffer from low self esteem.

The tyranny of a single captain will be a thing of the past and democracy will flourish in the land of Rugby League. Well done Parramatta!

I'd like to see defensive captains as well as offensive captains and a bench captain . Also once you have been a captain you never lose it, the teams just add to it with more captains.

Effing rediculous. 1 captain and he should be an 80 minute player. Killer should be our 1 and only captain. Parra are just a joke.

So our two is more acceptable than their 3? I am all for making fun of parra but....

really its just an extension of "the leadership groups". Any system that works for any club is what they should adopt. If i were a fan of a crap club i would like to see them try anything to help improve the situation regardless.

I applaud the efforts to change a system that wasn't working

They havnt recruited any big names that can lead them to change but have lost there most inspirational player In hindmarsh

If it doesnt work and they change back then at least they gave it a go

It's about getting the most of the squad. The more career advancement opportunities people have the better they respond, regardless of the reality. Its a proven method

Seems reasonable to me, one captain for the backs, one captain for the forwards, one captain for the halves, all we need now is a captain for the bench!:)

eagles2win said:
17 captains pure genius, some ref's only talk to the captain so they'll have no excuse not to talk to players
I can see where this is heading, they'll need a lot more refs to talk to all the captains.
And of course someone will have to be in charge of all the captains. Just one bloke. He'll be the General.

mickqld said:
Effing rediculous. 1 captain and he should be an 80 minute player. Killer should be our 1 and only captain. Parra are just a joke.

I think Killer didn't want to do the media stuff but does do the onfield stuff. So two captains share the duties on and off the field.

manlyfan76 said:
I'd like to see defensive captains as well as offensive captains and a bench captain
Great idea. Can see the press interviews:

Defensive captain: Yeah, well it wasn't my fault
Offensive captain: You journos are a bunch of f*n w*nkers
Bench captain: Hey you. Move that seat three paces to the left.

Rex said:
manlyfan76 said:
I'd like to see defensive captains as well as offensive captains and a bench captain
Great idea. Can see the press interviews:

Defensive captain: Yeah, well it wasn't my fault
Offensive captain: You journos are a bunch of f*n w*nkers
Bench captain: Hey you. Move that seat three paces to the left.

Works for me Rex lol :)

One captain, one ref please.

Only reason we have 2 refs is that one ref needs to stay focused on the ruck. Get red of the wrestle, clean up the ruck and get back to one ref please.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7