Options for tagging plugins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I am looking at some different addons to put back into the site for you all to use.

With the Tagging system we had before there are two options

1 - The old one which uses the @[username] context and sends a PM
2 - A new Facebook style alerts system, it just uses @username and sends alerts to an alert system at the top of the page and in your profile, but does not send a PM though I am sure that I can probably add this if needs be

Does anyone have a preference here?
I will probably tie in the alerts stuff regardless as I want to use that for the tipping comp

I think alert system is probably fine, the majority of people tagged are frequent flyers on this site so the PM would be superfluous to requirements

@globaleagle
@Dan

just testing the new system. To tag with this system we simply use the format of
@\username
if the username has spaces we do
@\"\username\"

Without the \ in them

Can someone please tag me so that I can see if it works with the alerts system?

@"Chip and Chase"
Thanks mate, you should see an "Alerts(1)" link up near the userCP link now

At this stage no. I was finding them annoying, however this may prove that lots of tags are missed, if so I might integrate an opt-in PM if I can

Dan said:
At this stage no. I was finding them annoying, however this may prove that lots of tags are missed, if so I might integrate an opt-in PM if I can

Agree 110%.....I'd like some sort of alert system BUT not have to go in to PM's just to find someone tagged you, and then have to delete it a LOT of work for what was (in many occasions) a waste of time.

VERY happy to get PM's but I do reckon they should be just that....messages!!

I still have to add the video autofill code. will do that soon.

As for the alerts for anyone not sure where to find them Check my attachment. I will have t put a forum tutorial together I think

Attachments

• alerts.jpg
    alerts.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1
Hope you like my new Avatar, yep delivering Pizza's for hungry MWTS members, that's what I do...and you all thought I was a travel agent!!

And yes that might be a beer in my hand, but that's a set up as I dont drink!!

It worked for me Dan (sorry I was off having dinner) but there's something wrong and scary about your avatar!

@Dan

EDIT:

I think the alert system is fine (ok truth be told I just deleted a long diatribe of stuff as I thought you were asking about emails).

My guess is I could still get an email telling me there is an alert?

It's just that on the weekends I stay away from the site as the games are on here 24-48 hours later and I don't want spoilers.

However....If you guys realise this and promise not to feel offended if I don't get back to you straight away from an alert/pm.....then it's all good :)

@globaleagle what is wrong with my avatar?

@Berkeley_Eagle what is the thread with the video in it?

Dan said:
@globaleagle what is wrong with my avatar?

@Berkeley_Eagle what is the thread with the video in it?

It looks like there is a scary monster holding a delightful child!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
@Dan
I guess you prob know but I posted a YouTube link this morning and it didn't bring up the Vid

@Berkeley_Eagle, if Dan hasn't fixed it yet, just use [video=youtube] before the YouTube address and [/video] after the YouTube address. e.g.:

[video=youtube]youtube clip address[/video]

@Jethro its been fixed now but you are right that that does work also

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7