Orford & Friday Crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Orford & Friday Crowd

Hey guys,

Anyone heard/read how Orford's injury is? I'd hate to see him miss this Friday.

Also, was talking to some guys at ground who bought tickets that day for Storm clash. They said that only 4,000 GA tix were left. 20k+ crowd by the sounds of things 

Re: Orford & Friday Crowd

I think he will play and I think that storm will try to take him out of the game/season

Dan link said:
I think he will play and I think that storm will try to take him out of the game/season

Yep, I'd be nervous. Ox will need to sidestep a few shoulder chargers when kicking. Hurt Orford is probably already written on the Storm whiteboard!

I hope on the whiteboard for Manly we have

"Take Crocker out with an Elbow to the head"

or at least a tattoo on the back of Matai's eyelids saying that!

Let's hope the media don;t drum up the "get Crocker" line so Perry can just go on with the job without excessive scrutiny. 

Normally, I'd call this just another game for two points and I'd live with a good performance. But I think this time, a decent number of points scored is needed for the sake of confidence. Des needs to come up with a gameplan to beat these guys well, or at least score a bunch of points or else we go into the Grand Final guessing again.
One poster suggested really muscling up and taking them by surprise, but I don't think that will help Manly from a finals point of view. Friday night should be about trying something a little different, and I'll leave that up to the coaching staff at Manly. I think this team is better than last year, and Melbourne are about the same. To reverse this losing trend we have to try somthing else. So for that reason, I'd rather we lose 30-28 than win 8-6 because at the end of the day, this teams needs to work out how to score points against these guys. I think Melbourne can up the ante in attack in the GF, but I trust Manly's defence to counter that (as Manly are better than last year), but the Melbourne defence has been the standard over the past year and finding a way to beat that defence at their best will be the key.

oops this one was meant for the 'Will Manly beat the Storm' post!!!!!!!!!!!

we havnt beaten the storm since last year, wow, what a streak they have

Matt Orford field goal won it for us Fluffy. Dare I say he earned his pay cheque that night mate?

Faarken we need to brawl with them in the first 5 minutes to soften em up,where's the good old days where hoppa & tezza would have been the first in for punch ups.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4