Orford home for surgery

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
MIXING meteorology with rugby league seems an unusual mix, but it is working a treat for Manly cheergirl Khalia Hill.

Manly cheergirl Khalia Hill has just completed her PhD in climate science. Picture: VIRGINIA YOUNG

Having just completed her PhD in climate science on how El Nino affects rainfall over the southern hemisphere, Dr Hill doesn’t fit the cheerleader stereotype.
“It’s not the stereotype, and people do get surprised when they find out,” she admits.
“But I’ve known that I’ve wanted to meteorology since the age of about 15.
“I think you’d find over half of the girls in most squads are studying something at Uni.
“I’ve danced with a cheerleader who was studying medicine before, and others who do law.”
But Hill, who has cheered for Manly, Souths and Canberra since 2002, found that the two roles compliment each other perfectly.
“It keeps you sane because research can get a bit crazy,” the 27-year-old laughs.
In hot water?
SEA Eagles management could be on the look out for a new major sponsor next week if Quantum Eco Hot Water does not take up an option for next year.
Quantum, in the second year of a three-season $2.7 million sponsorship with the Sea Eagles, does have the option to opt out of the club next year.
A decision is expected by the end of the financial year next week.
We hear the Sea Eagles have already been making polite inquiries around town, should Quantum not continue with the club beyond the 2010 NRL season.
King for Origin
WE know it’s been mooted for quite some time now, but hopefully Jason King’s frustrating time in and around the Blues’ camp will pay off on Monday night when selectors name the NSW squad for Origin III.
King’s match-up against Maroons’ legend Petero Civoniceva on Friday night will be a key indicator on his selection in the NSW team for the July 7 clash with Queensland in Sydney.
Manly second-rower Anthony Watmough is also set to come back into the team after game II through injury.
Hot half Hodgo
TRENT Hodkinson showed why he was chased so hard by the Bulldogs last weekend when he slotted two field goals in succession to ice a gutsy win.
And at just 21, the halfback has plenty of time left in his career to return to Brookvale where he is well liked by the coaching staff.
“He’ll do well (at the Bulldogs), we wish him well and who knows in three years time he might even be back at Manly,” coach Des Hasler told the Big Sports Breakfast on Friday morning.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4