Origin 2 Selections

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seems a few injuries are going to force some changes to the NSW side.

Bailey - broken arm
McManus - achilles
Lewis - broken toe

Any thoughts on replacements ?

I think Glenn is a moral to come back into the side to take Lewis' spot. Wolfy is probably a good chance to replace McManus, although Monaghan is in the mix. Bailey's replacement might be the most difficult to find. Perry might be a show, got to be better than Brett White that's for sure. They might stick with Laffranchi and put him into the prop rotation as they did last year from memory.

Anyway we could be a bit short of troops next week if a couple of the boys get a call up, as I assume that Lyon and Kite will hold their spots.

That try saving effort by the Wolfman has got to push him to the front of the list, honestly not ready for origin, bull****, the man looks made for it.

If I got to select the team it would include the Wolf, Lyon, Kite, Glen and Choc, mind you then we would be left a little wanting against the Raiders next week. I doubt Perry will get a look in, but I could be wrong, and my sense is that they will go for either Glen or Choc, again could be wrong.

01. K.Gidley
02. J. Hayne
03. J. Lyon
04. M. Jennings/M. Cooper
05. D. Williams
06. T. Campese
07. P. Wallace
08. J. Poore
09. R. Farah
10. M. Weyman
11. B. Creagh
12. L. O'donnell
13. P. Gallen

14. C Wing
15. G. Stewart
16. B. Kite
17. K. Galloway????

We are so light on in the front row department.

Another thing i've noticed is how light on QLD are in the backs if a couple were to go down with injury. Hodges is out and they are looking at Wendell Sailor, Willie Tonga, Chris Walker and even Maurice Blair!

I'm not too worried about any of them. I suppose in a normal situation they'd be looking at brent tate too.

I guess they are covered in the halves with prince, cronk etc to cover... but outside backs are very scarce once you look past inglis, hodges, falou etc

Word in RLW is that Bellamy didn't get the team he wanted for game 1, and Mullen and Monaghan will come into the side, which may mean we face a fired up Campese.

Am really concerned about next weeks game, hopefully Cuthbo will be back

Crocker versus Gallen will be interesting.  I wonder what Gallen was trying to squeeze, as Crocker strikes as something of a eunuch. 

State Of Origin Game 2 - Kickoff 8:00pm Wednesday 24th June @ Stadium Australia, Sydney.

Team lineups (at 16th June):

---

Queensland team:

1. Billy Slater (Storm)
2. Darius Boyd (Dragons)
3. Greg Inglis (Storm)
4. Willie Tonga (Cowboys)
5. Israel Folau (Broncos)
6. Darren Lockyer (c) (Broncos)
7. Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys)
8. Steven Price (New Zealand Warriors)
9. Cameron Smith (Storm)
10. Petero Civoniceva (Panthers)
11. Ashley Harrison (Titans)
12. Sam Thaiday (Broncos)
13. Dallas Johnson (Storm)

Interchange:
14. Karmichael Hunt (Broncos)
15. Ben Hannant (Bulldogs)
16. Nate Myles (Sydney Roosters)
17. Michael Crocker (Rabbitohs)

Shadow players: Neville Costigan (Dragons)

NSW team:

1. Kurt Gidley (c) (Knights)
2. Jarryd Hayne (Eels)
3. Michael Jennings (Panthers)
4. Jamie Lyon (Sea Eagles)
5. David Williams (Sea Eagles)
6. Trent Barrett (Sharks)
7. Peter Wallace (Broncos)
8. Brent Kite (Sea Eagles)
9. Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)
10. Michael Weyman (Dragons)
11. Ben Creagh (Dragons)
12. Luke O'Donnell (Cowboys)
13. Paul Gallen (Sharks)

Interchange:
14. Craig Wing (Rabbitohs)
15. Justin Poore (Dragons)
16. Glenn Stewart (Sea Eagles)
17. Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles)

Shadow players: Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Raiders), Joel Monaghan (Raiders), Josh Morris (Bulldogs)

---

Head to Head betting (at 16 June) - QLD: $1.65, NSW: $2.20

Go NSW Blues!

The big problem is Gidley at fullback. He's only score a couple of tries this year. He is nowhere near dangerous enough to be an Origin fullback. They have Slater, and we have Gidley? The smart move would be Hayne to Fullback, and Monaghan to Wing. I wouldn't even mind Gidley playing 5/8, just not Fullback.

Crusher 100% agree, but only if Hayne is fit, he looked lazy on Monday but yeah, I would take Hayne in fullback over Gidley

Crusher_Cleal link said:
The big problem is Gidley at fullback. He's only score a couple of tries this year. He is nowhere near dangerous enough to be an Origin fullback. They have Slater, and we have Gidley? The smart move would be Hayne to Fullback, and Monaghan to Wing. I wouldn't even mind Gidley playing 5/8, just not Fullback.

Kidley is a ball hog plain and simple. He will starve Lyon of ball.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4