Our bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I didn't mind Myles tonight he was pretty solid IMO.

Vave needs to go, starling also and same with Leary.

14: N Myles
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: L Knight
17: W Meehan/M Parcell

Api or Parcell unfortunately misses out, Parcell and Api play 80 and if he gets injured Buhrer can play hooker, 5/8 or even centre. Maybe one makes bench. Both need to be their some where.

Last edited:
Api has been very good for us. He has to be in the 17, somewhere. His tackling was dynamic, and he was one of my top three players tonight. I am a big Parcell fan, so let him come on when the early sting is out of the match.
Manly was held together in the second half tonight by Jake and Darcy.
We have too many average players to seriously threaten a top eight spot.
Our centres are poor. Thanks Door puncher, you imbecile.

Api has been very good for us. He has to be in the 17, somewhere. His tackling was dynamic, and he was one of my top three players tonight. I am a big Parcell fan, so let him come on when the early sting is out of the match.
Manly was held together in the second half tonight by Jake and Darcy.
We have too many average players to seriously threaten a top eight spot.
Our centres are poor. Thanks Door puncher, you imbecile.
Look I want him to be hooker and I think he just needs to fix up his passing everything else perfect! Defence was strong, vision was great. Look he will fix that up give him time. Jorge has fixed up his high ball problems I'm sure api will fix his passing. It's not that bad IMO everyone overreacting a little.

If not for our dominant first half.....Api's dummy half passes could have had us in a lot more trouble tonight. It was bad enough that Souffs were offside and in DCE's face all night and not being called for it without Api's head high passes putting him under unnecessary pressure. Though I can't fault his involvement and while he misses a few tackles at least he gets in there and has a red hot go.

When Parcell and Walker are back the first thing I would do is drop Brown like a bad habit, put Parcell at hooker and use Api as the bench utility.

Look I want him to be hooker and I think he just needs to fix up his passing everything else perfect! Defence was strong, vision was great. Look he will fix that up give him time. Jorge has fixed up his high ball problems I'm sure api will fix his passing. It's not that bad IMO everyone overreacting a little.
He has been playing first grade for 4 years and League all his life and he can't pass. It is not rocket science. Put him as a bench utility where he belongs. Do you even watch these games young lad .

If not for our dominant first half.....Api's dummy half passes could have had us in a lot more trouble tonight. It was bad enough that Souffs were offside and in DCE's face all night and not being called for it without Api's head high passes putting him under unnecessary pressure. Though I can't fault his involvement and while he misses a few tackles at least he gets in there and has a red hot go.

When Parcell and Walker are back the first thing I would do is drop Brown like a bad habit, put Parcell at hooker and use Api as the bench utility.

To be fair Api also threw some passes behind and to the far side of DCE to slow him down on the last. And the dummy to no kicker then back the other way once the defense had moved up on the last as well really helped stifle things

He has been playing first grade for 4 years and League all his life and he can't pass. It is not rocket science. Put him as a bench utility where he belongs. Do you even watch these games young lad .
I watch them and it's starting to hurt us, and I'm really leaning towards Parcell as starting 9, Koroisau defends well but the passing is hurting DCE. Parcell should be urged to run every opportunity

So the main roll of a dummy half is to pass isn't it? Lol
He is best served as a utility on the bench when we have a fully fit team.

To be fair Api also threw some passes behind and to the far side of DCE to slow him down on the last. And the dummy to no kicker then back the other way once the defense had moved up on the last as well really helped stifle things

Like I said, I can't fault the guys enthusiasm and the fact that he gets in and has a go out there. I mean, some of those Souffs forwards are monsters in size compared to him so on that score I couldn't find a lot of fault. But its his service from dummy half that lets him and the side down. And that is just one of the reasons why Parcell should go straight back to being the #9 when he's back from injury.

Api definitely deserves to be in the 17 somewhere. For mine he should take Brown's utility spot.

As for Brown.....he's our 6th choice centre, 3rd choice hooker and probably 4th choice 2nd rower. Sure he provides utility value in that he can cover those positions when needed, but other than players out injured his lack of defence and simple basic errors make it hard to justify his place in the NRL side.

Whats the story with Fonau-Blake? I liked what I saw and he is very hard to bring down.

Liam Knight is a must on the bench, is he gone for the season with his ankle?

To me the bench needs to have some impact, our bench tonight didn't have a lot. Myles did ok, Vave made some good runs, but Starling (who I rate higher than most on here) was poor, and Leary just isn't quite up to it.

Would it be better to have Taupau on the bench? I just think he's a bit nullified at the moment. Bring him on after 20 with tired players, and just say 'smash em!'. Maybe interchange with Lussick who is just hurtling himself at the opposition.... I LOVE IT!

Trent didn't put Nate on for ages. At one point Marty , Jake and Nate on the bench. We didn't play as well. I would get knight in the team but Meehan?? Why are people putting so much faith in him? He is yet to do ANYTHING. He might. I hope so but he played 30 min 1st grade off the bench two years ago !!!

Whats the story with Fonau-Blake? I liked what I saw and he is very hard to bring down.
He is immensely strong when he takes a run, but maybe needs a bit more stamina?
Or maybe they're just bringing him slowly into top grade, let him have a less intense match occasionally?
I'd be surprised if he wasn't a big part of the plan for next year.

So, with Matai, Stewart, Lawrence gonski for the season, I think this is our best team:-

01. Tom Trbojevic (Move over GI)
02. Jorge Taufua (such a courageous effort this season !!)
03. Dylan Walker
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Brayden Wiliame (Improved exponentially)
06. Apisai Koroisou (in a terrior Travis Burns style)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick (beast this season)
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau (slowly improving and building)
11. Nathan Green (Jesus Christ - who'd have thought?)
12. Jamie Buhrer (Back to close to his best)
13. Jake Trbojevic (Has become the teams leader)

14. Lewis Brown (Is fantastic utility)
15. Siosaia Vave (If gone to Parramatta, Liam Knight)
16. Addin Fanua-Blake (HAS to play over Leary - sorry)
17. Nate Myles (Used when we need structure, calm & direction)

So, with Matai, Stewart, Lawrence gonski for the season, I think this is our best team:-

01. Tom Trbojevic (Move over GI)
02. Jorge Taufua (such a courageous effort this season !!)
03. Dylan Walker
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Brayden Wiliame (Improved exponentially)
06. Apisai Koroisou (in a terrior Travis Burns style)
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick (beast this season)
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau (slowly improving and building)
11. Nathan Green (Jesus Christ - who'd have thought?)
12. Jamie Buhrer (Back to close to his best)
13. Jake Trbojevic (Has become the teams leader)

14. Lewis Brown (Is fantastic utility)
15. Siosaia Vave (If gone to Parramatta, Liam Knight)
16. Addin Fanua-Blake (HAS to play over Leary - sorry)
17. Nate Myles (Used when we need structure, calm & direction)
Only problem Lyon has to stay at 5/8.

He is immensely strong when he takes a run, but maybe needs a bit more stamina?
Or maybe they're just bringing him slowly into top grade, let him have a less intense match occasionally?
I'd be surprised if he wasn't a big part of the plan for next year.

Stamina could be the worry, can't recall AFB playing more than 30 minutes yet. Takes a while to adjust. With Myles back I think we can cover longer game time (injuries), drop Starling and bring in AFB. With Myles missing I think Starling was a must as like Jake they can go all day (remember the warriors game where they both played close to 80 minutes)?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4