Our Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader
Brilliant article capturing the legendary spirit of Brookie (and for me the mandatory pre game Brookie Hotel ritual).

Enjoy.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/may/21/away-days-brookvale-oval

cf2 is back said:
Brilliant article capturing the legendary spirit of Brookie (and for me the mandatory pre game Brookie Hotel ritual).

Enjoy.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/may/21/away-days-brookvale-oval

It was admitting quite heart stopping at that game, so relieved more then excited when that field goal came through.

BTW CF2, any reports on that game?

'A rookie, Jake Mamo, cute like a boy from One Direction but with very muscly legs, he makes a hot dash out of danger. He beats one. He beats two! He screams out into space and looks up to everlastin’ glory. But you’re in first grade now, son, and up here front-rowers can run a speed man down, as Manly prop Josh Starling does. He lassoes the punk and drags him kicking and screaming into touch right in front of the main grandstand. And there is a roar like Starling’s won the Melbourne Cup and everyone’s backed him. :p '

Very well put - thats exactly how we felt :D

The best description of a Brookie event, ever!

That article was quite evocative and enjoyable, though not very keen on the catering...lol!

I hope Manly never abandon Brookie for the soulless super stadiums....that would be a sad day indeed.

That article was quite evocative and enjoyable, though not very keen on the catering...lol!

I hope Manly never abandon Brookie for the soulless super stadiums....that would be a sad day indeed.

Great article. Really sums up what fans experience and even though there was only 8k there those diehards deserved their torturous and triumphant night at Brookie. There would not have been that atmosphere at an alternate venue.

I love the last paragraph.
And when Daly Cherry-Evans, the sunniest, nicest piece of Queensland between the Spit Bridge and Barrenjoey Lighthouse knocks over a 40 metre field goal that sails through the sticks as time ticks over to full-time … well … The old joint just about shakes off its concrete-cancerous foundations.

Let's hope that little sunny piece of Qld finishes his career on our beaches.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6