Our draw is a farce!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The NRL has promised that won't happen next year.

So expect it to keep on happening. But only to Manly. @:rolleyes:

Joint statement with RLPA on five-day turnarounds
Fri 25 Mar, 2016, 10:21am
Media Release,

The NRL and the RLPA have agreed to a range of measures in order to assist player wellbeing in the event of five-day turnarounds during the 2016 season.

As part of the measures, the NRL has agreed to fund extra accommodation for travelling teams, as well as pursue extra provisions for Clubs through airline partners.

In the event of five-day turnarounds involving travel, the NRL will work with clubs to provide extra accommodation in order to reduce the impact of travel, as well as assist with recovery measures where appropriate.

The NRL is working with its airline partner to provide clubs with complimentary airline lounge memberships, along with other measures designed to reduce the impact of five-day turnarounds.

“We made a commitment to the RLPA to work with them to limit the impact of five-day turnarounds and we have agreed on some important measures,” NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said.

“They will all add up to better preparation and recovery for our players.

“Following our discussions with the RLPA last year about five-day turnarounds, we undertook to explore a range of measures to offset the impact of five-day turnarounds in 2016. These measures will go a long way towards addressing some of those challenges.”

RLPA General President, Clint Newton, has welcomed the measures.

“Our players are professional footballers and to perform at their best they need the right support, resources and facilities to prepare and to recover,” said Newton.

"Importantly the NRL has announced that in 2017 it will target a 25 per cent reduction in the number of five-day turnarounds and we hope that from 2018, when the NRL has control of the draw, there will be a further reduction.

“We'll continue to work with clubs and the NRL to find the right balance between protecting player health and safety and recognising the commercial realities of promoting our great game.

“The best outcome for everyone is to ensure player workloads and the draw, including representative fixtures, allow us to maximise the growth of rugby league, while ensuring the best players are available to play as often as possible.”

Blah blah blah

Until the NRL gets control of the draw again from Nein (2019 I think), 5 day turn around's will continue to happen in Nein's pursuit of ratings. But you'll notice that it won't happen anywhere near as much to the clubs that rate higher such as Brisbane, Souffs and the Speels.

But 3 games in 10 days followed by a trip to NZ and then another 5 day turn around is an absolute joke.

The 5 day turn around is an utter disgrace and is clearly not in the best interests of player welfare, fans or the actually clubs. It completely serves the NRL and their media buddies....!! :mad:
I would argue that even they are disadvantaged, as the best players can be out injured and the level of the games being televised falls @:cool:
Our game tonight was not Prime Time quality.:cool:

One positive is that Polite Nick's call to Preenberg to fix the game their way went asunder.

The only thing that throws my little conspiracy theory out of whack was the no try call at the end, against the Tattoosters.

One positive is that Polite Nick's call to Preenberg to fix the game their way went asunder.

The only thing that throws my little conspiracy theory out of whack was the no try call at the end, against the Tattoosters.

You'd reckon there might have been a bit of a square-up though, I'll bet the bunker were well aware the pass from Mitchell on Tupou's try was forward - but they couldn't do anything about it given last week's controversy when they did rule on that forward pass when they weren't supposed to...

Tupou was blatantly offside and definitely within 10m of the defence anyway, so even if Aubusson was onside (not convinced the front foot was behind the kicker anyway), maybe they just pinged the wrong offside Rorter.

I would argue that even they are disadvantaged, as the best players can be out injured and the level of the games being televised falls @:cool:
Our game tonight was not Prime Time quality.:cool:

That may be the case, but tbh I am not really sure the NRL is disadvantaged or the media for that matter. They would not do it if it was not for the money, the NRL media buddies pay for the time slots primarily. And then advertisers pay for the privilege as well etc etc.......all for the money....!

Manly cop the raw end once again, throw in our 365445 Monday night games as well....

Fuk the NRL
I said it before and I'll say it again - the NRL are doing everything they can to make Manly fail so they can obtain their license and start an expansion team. To the NRL there are too many Sydney teams and they hate Manly too so are doing everything the can with the 5 day turnarounds to sap player welfare and keep Manly losing, plus Monday night games to keep the crowds down and run Manly broke.

Consider that Brisbane have five 7 day turnarounds in a row with four at home.

Just typical from the NRL.

NYEagle

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4