Our forward pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
They have have been amazballs this year. In a no nonsense way they have gone about there work like machines. Tonight Starling started real well and then the rest just kept going and even with all the ins and outs they just keep turning up like tonight and the other week against the dogs.
King had a massive game and can become a real weapon off the bench.
Too many examples to mention.
Keep it going boys.

I want to rap Starling (yeh I do it a lot). He just keep ripping in. And when he got wrong footed by nuasala, he didn't drop his head and go 'screw it'. He turned and chased even though the chance of catching him or Pearce was remote. But he did it. I think the kid really tries. And he held his own against JWH and Moa.

Our pack should no longer be pretenders, to all the doubters.

And add Choc (and hopefully Gift) to that mix...

Send Gift (and perhaps King) on their way as winners!

Geoff Toovey take a bow.
At the start of the season we had gaps to fill, no Kite, Joe, George, Ritchie, not even Gower.
Lui, JSL, and Starling will be bursting with self-belief and confidence by September. Even Hasson was ripping in until he got knocked out, hope he is OK.

Hasson was walking around smiling with the Team at the end - so should be OK :angel: But gee it looked awful as he staggered to his feet :s

Glad to hear he was ok @HappilyManly

Wonder if he'll be right for the Dogs though?

Was epic to see our pack hunt and destroy the Chooks all night long.

AND the effort of the Kingdog wasn't missed by me either!

I am convinced that our pack give the BEST BANG FOR BUCKS of any pack in the comp. For a bunch of rejects, no-names and bargain buys they'll do me.

What they lack in size, talent, pay cheque and ego they make up for with heart. If they don't keep us in the game, our backs are whistling Dixie.

Spot on. Before the game I said as long as our forwards held there own the backs and halves would get the job done.

Our forwards were really strong. The cooks have one of the biggest packs in the league and our guys really held them at bay.

The ran really hard and straight last night. 80 mins of solid performance, esp when we lost Hassan the boys found that bit extra in the reserve tanks.

Hasson was playing his best game for us before he was concussed He was dynamic . All our forwards
made a statement . Very proud of them

I bet if we lost the game by 2 points there would have been a thread saying how sh!t they are, we need a clean out etc etc. I am sure this will be said after our next loss. Anyway, good to see the pack doing their job. The roosters definitely looked stronger up front than us but we did what he had to do. We can only get better with Choc and Stewart to return.

Hmm I wasn't overly impressed with the forwards yesterday but the effort and working for each other was there in bucketloads---most times they held their own other times they struggled.

We miss G.Stewart and Watmoughs ball and all in your face toughness and we need to unearth some straight explosive go forward.

The class and improved attacking under Toovey and Johns saved our asses tonight.

Technical Coach said:
Hmm I wasn't overly impressed with the forwards yesterday but the effort and working for each other was there in bucketloads---most times they held their own other times they struggled.

We miss G.Stewart and Watmoughs ball and all in your face toughness and we need to unearth some straight explosive go forward.

The class and improved attacking under Toovey and Johns saved our asses tonight.

How's Des enjoying his bye weekend?

manlyfan76 said:
They have have been amazballs this year. In a no nonsense way they have gone about there work like machines. Tonight Starling started real well and then the rest just kept going and even with all the ins and outs they just keep turning up like tonight and the other week against the dogs.
King had a massive game and can become a real weapon off the bench.
Too many examples to mention.
Keep it going boys.

I thought our forwards were great last night, against what I think behind the Dogs is closest to one of the best in the comp.

That being said, Starling mobility, and lateral defense was horrendous. He got easily, and I mean easily sidestepped by the other teams prop.

Honestly, he's not NRL ready yet. He just a pace or two off...doesn't mean he can't get better. He cost us a try against last night.

Having an amazing day thanks for asking.

Manly is actually more Melbourne like in defence this year, not as dominant but usually get the job done.

The improved more clinical attack this year(still not perfect but all you can ask is for improvements) did not happen--- this year would be a longgggg year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4