Our season could be over this weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
We sit 8th on 11 points

If we don't beat the Broncos our season could be well and truly gone come Sunday night

The Dragons have the Bye so they go above us

If The Dogs beat the raiders they go above us

If the Knights beat the Titans they go above us
Both every chance.

We go from a side sitting in the top 4 just 2 weeks ago to a side hanging onto the 8 this week to sitting 11th in just 3 rounds

We will then be a loss away from the Eels and Cowboys leap frogging us and putting us in 13th.. and from that there is no recovery.
Even a loss this weekend will really put a physiological dent in the teams mentality that I believe along with the injury setbacks and the pressure this will bring from the media and supported that the team will not recover for 2024.

So all this Manly Mentality talk and "breaking the cluster" BS that Seibs has carried on about will actually backfire.

The Media will be savage on this.
And just like us fans are already starting to feel it this could possibly be a huge downhill spiral with no return.

Let's hope im wrong

But more importantly let's hope the team see this and gets a win

A loss will be devastating and if the Broncos put a score on us we finish bottom 4, that's how big this weekend is.. Reality Folks!

Don't necessarily agree that a loss will be the end of the season but it certainly won't help the situation at all. I think the manner of a loss would make a difference. If we get flogged then yes, the media and the tongues will start wagging. Problem is, even with a close loss, we've got a difficult run and we could be 0-5 in three weeks time and THAT could be lights out for the season.

I really do expect to be out of the 8 this weekend. Broncos not playing that well but we're playing worse, disturbed by key player losses and it is that "Magic Round" that I hate so much. My hopes are not high. But we might manage to creep back in over a few weeks. However if we lose 2 or 3 straight we are in horrible trouble. Time for the Sea Eagles to try and show what they got!!

The thread title is a little bit dramatic.
I don't actually think it is, there is a big chance we don't get a win this week and there is also a big chance that the Knights and Dogs win, we slip to 11th..

The pressure will be on and as we have a hard run coming up we then cant drop a game over the next 4 weeks or we find ourselves in 13th, The teams morale will be shot and the media will be all over it....NO chance making the 8 from there.

Watch this space,..... I really do hope I'm wrong and we get the win this weekend but I have that sinking feeling.

Or it could be reignited by a hard fought win. I think we can win this one. Go Manly.
This is our Story
This is our own Making
This is our Journey and our Destiny lies in our Manly hands
This is our Opportunity to Rise Above Adversity and Prevail THE MANLY WAY
LETS OWN IN !

1715570468103.png

Will have a red hot go Friday.
A 50/50 game in my opinion.
Not sure about it being a season ending game, but after the canberra capitulation and lack of courage against Dolphins and a few other "terrible" efforts, I feel the wheels have already fallen off in 2024 and don't need to see Fridays game to prove anything different win, lose or draw.
Until Manly gain consistenct and get the heart to tackle and the pride in the Manly jersey, along with every player contributing rather than looking for "1 or 2" players to make something happen, the rabble of the past 2 weeks performances will continue.

Not sure about it being a season ending game, but after the canberra capitulation and lack of courage against Dolphins and a few other "terrible" efforts, I feel the wheels have already fallen off in 2024 and don't need to see Fridays game to prove anything different win, lose or draw.
Behind the wheel of Every Teams Efforts is the Head Coach
The players have a responsibility
But the Head coach is Ultimately responsible for all his players
The Head coach is Ultimately Responsible for His Team and Results
And this is why the Head Coach is first on the Chopping Block when his Team Under Performs

My Love for Manly and Manly Premiership Winning Success exceeds All Feelings
I hope I am proven Wrong
but I have a Feeling
that This is not the Right Head Coach to get the Job Done
1715572552808.png

Last edited:
The team and the coach feel more comfortable when we sit at 14th on the ladder. Those bulldogs are going pretty good anyway, so deserve to move into the top 8. What now, Coach??

Im hoping we see a big improvement in our performance this weekend. The Broncos are good at staying the in the arm wrestle and we need to learn how to do that again and not fall asleep at the wheel. A win would be just what the doctor orders. Hopefully the return of Big O might lift the rest of the pack.

We are our own worst enemies. We throw game after game away and then we give our home game against the broncos away to play them at magic round. We have been absolutely flogged the last two years up there and both times we then went on a downhill spiral afterwards and missed the eight.

OJ’s sons even got beaten up in the stands by a group of thugs.

And this is why the Head Coach is first on the Chopping Block when his Team Under Performs

I hope I am proven Wrong
but I have a Feeling
View attachment 27010
Sadly I'm starting to believe you Bozo.. it's on the coach too lift players, make selections, turn average players into NRL standard players and set game plans. To WIN
We have let too many games slip by without any changes to the players commitment and attitude, I really don't think his methods are getting the best out of the group.
I like many was so pumped and willing to give Seibs some credit and time but I think he has already lost the ship and i can't see why we would extend him at this stage.
If it's a results driven business he is not producing.. certainly not the Manly Way

Over to you Mr Mestrov

No Tom no hope. Rinse and repeat of 2023. Finish around 12th or 13th. So what will Penn and Mestrov trot out for an explanation of how sh*t this club has become.

I hope I am proven Wrong
but I have a Feeling
View attachment 27010
100’/,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16