Our Toyota Cup team for 2011!! From a Bears Fan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
A guy called Girvie (big North Sydney supporter) posted the squad on LU. Many thanks to Girvie for being the first to release the squad to the Manly members and supporters. How he got it when it ain't on the website? Who knows?

Sione Ala
Jason Annear
Patrick Avaloa-Patelesci
Beau Bovis
Tim Burrell
James Clout
Josh Clout
Nathan Cooper
Zacc Douglas
Josh Drinkwater
Mark Falaniko
Tyrone Faliuga
Kayse Greer
Joshua Ingram
Haami Kerr-Tuaupiki
Limoni Latu
Justin Lemalu
Taylor Matthews
Michael McDougall
Joseph Napoletano
Mitchell O'Neill
Newyear Patiole
Josh Portlock
Tane Rapira
Nabeel Siddiqui
Alex Taufa
James Vaka
Ajay Vaivaka
Sam Watts
Jack Webster
Salesi Wesley-Fifita

Jesus, I recognise only 4-5 names.  Where's Gary Riccardi? That's a worry. Any standouts there Darren mate? Can you give us any insight? Drinkwater looked ok at 5/8. Has a bit of spark about him in the few games I have seen him play. I know Latu looks very Kenny Edwards. Lots and lots of Kiwi's !! LoL

yeah Ryan some good kids there, I reckon Riccardi would be NSW Cup. He was highly rated by the officials. I went on Google and read up on them.
Interesting to see the large amount of props we have signed!!

1. Tim Burrell ex Dogs and Roosters is a talented prop who had a knee injury a little while ago that obviously slowed him down. It seemed he was a top schoolboy so seems to have some talent and some good write ups.
2.Zacc Douglas: Cobar and ex AIS prop. Read good things, big kid
3. Drinkwater: was with us last year: talented 5/8 and will be much better for last year. Good kicker, skinny though.
4. Sione Ala: hard running fullback, been with club for many years. Has good potential and last year seemed to kick on.
5. Beau Bovis: lock from the Dogs: hard worker, not much else
6. Mark Falaniko: I think Patricians Bros Fairfield: played Arrive cup, 2nd rower?? saw picture, big strapping kid.
7. Haami: gun lock with loads of potential. Real hard runner and will probably go alot further.
8. Limoni: huge prop, big future, could be anything
9. McDougall: ex Kings/Australian union School boy, centre I believe
10. Portlock: Nsw under 18 centre: not that big but quick and can score a try, centre
11. Annear: big sized lock/5/8 who has been with club from CC. Has alot of talent so interesting to watch progress.  
and 2 kids from Western Australia state team: 1 a prop

We seems to have recruited far and wide, will be interesting to watch.

2nd round of matts and ball is vs Illawarra in Wollongong. Will give reports on juniors then. I have heard we have some good matts and ball kids though.

u  

Thanks for the information Darren, as you said it seems as if we have recruited from far and wide.
In my eyes that's another good reason to feel a little more secure about the clubs future...exciting times ahead !

How does a bears supporter get the team list before it is listed on MWSE?

This is the sort of info that should be available weeks ago on the MWSE site for members only to access.

Tookey, I agree, I have scoured the official site (which I'm a member) and couldn't find it. Crusher and the crew have certainly recruited from afar. It's a bit shocking that several have had serious injuries at such a young age (like Whare) The 1st one I mentioned Burrell was rated at the Dogs and then Roosters stepped in and signed him up. I belive that is when he got injured and maybe cut??? Similar to Junior Palau!! Same deal, top kid but got a major injury and was released by Chooks!

The other good thing is alot of them played high grade rep footy!! Many of them play NSW titles, Aussie Titles etc

Haami and Latu have alot of potential and will be great to watch. If Latu can remain in physical size (huge kid) and keep his speed he will be 1 to watch.

Manly has a good track record rehabilitating players with serious injuries so hopefully these guys will have an injury free year in 2011.

tookey link said:
How does a bears supporter get the team list before it is listed on MWSE?

This is the sort of info that should be available weeks ago on the MWSE site for members only to access.

Thats' part of our "under the radar" plans!!

Where's Crushers nephew?

Name escapes me at the moment but was suppose to be a good player. Played a few 20's games last season for us when he finished his junior rep games with Manly.

Toyota Cup always has a lot of turnover cause of teh age restriction. Im sure a few players from last year are now over 20 but more than that I'd say since we now have a team in the NSW Cup its easier to get young players into higher grade comps, obviously because they don't need to be in another state. I know I'd send young recruits to the NSW team and have them playing hard slog footy against full grown men, not the low defense high speed Toyota Cup.

Also I would like to take this forum to say I think Toyota Cup should be under 24, meaning it gives kids a chance to play an extra 3 years so they don't fall into the wilderness and get lost if they aren't a star at 18-20. Pather's Michael Gordon openly admits he was an unco kid and slow until he was almost 20 and now he is a speedster with all round talent and made rep football this year.

Ant80 link said:
Where's Crushers nephew?

Name escapes me at the moment but was suppose to be a good player. Played a few 20's games last season for us when he finished his junior rep games with Manly.

Cale Hobday - left mid last season ( a few different versions of why - broken jaw Manly Mall  had something to do with it ) didn't return playing with Titans in 2011.

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186344.msg313689#msg313689 date=1296350712]
Where's Crushers nephew?

Cale Hobday - left mid last season ( a few different versions of why - broken jaw Manly Mall  had something to do with it ) didn't return playing with Titans in 2011.
[/quote]

Buggar was suppose to be a good player

I agree with Captain about being Under 24s. A lot of forwards don't mature or reach their potential till late 20s and there seem to be too many players on the scrap heap if they don't make it by 20.

I have heard that many in the club rate this crop as the most exciting squad yet - and we have looked pretty good in the past two years, only to fade in the post-season.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7