Our young guns vs Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I've got wraps on Ramien - looks the goods to me.

As it looks likely that we will miss the finals, I would love to see Toovey bit the bullet and make a few changes in the pack and bring is some new bloody, Our first grade pack tried hard tonight but again we are smashed around the ruck and could not control their go forward, its affecting our attack as well.

A
As it looks likely that we will miss the finals, I would love to see Toovey bit the bullet and make a few changes in the pack and bring is some new bloody, Our first grade pack tried hard tonight but again we are smashed around the ruck and could not control their go forward, its affecting our attack as well.

And ironically, it is one of our young guns who is the only one putting some starch in the defensive middle.

Yourself and a number of people on this forum talk about toovey "blooding young guns" often. You do realise using players not in the top 25 add extra cost to our cap and we could be endangered of going over it by using more players. Look at matt moylan in his debut season for the panthers, he played a few times and panthers were told to stop using him by the NRL because he was part of the top 25 squad and they were creeping towards the limit.

Blooding u20's in firsts most of the time doesn't work, they should be brought up through NSW cup and spend time there where the guys they are playing are similar size to firsts. IMO u20s, NSW and QLD cup should be scrapped to make way for a legit second grade comp where there would be more competition for spots and the guys playing in it would be the calibre of players literally knocking on the door ready to burst into first grade. Existing NSW and QLD cup teams feed to the second grade comp and kids from SG ball step straight up into either NSW or QLD cup teams if good enough.

I'm not against using guys like demetriou or ramien because they are absolutely killing it in u20s but I think they should progress the right way not jumping straight into first in case there's a chance of stunting their growth and ability. Take tommy t for example, he is going to be a future superstar no doubt about it but I think when killer returns he should drop back to cup he has ability no doubt about it but he needs work. Last night he was found out defensively a few times and needs to learn patience he isn't going to score all the time u20s is nowhere near the level of firsts. People have said he if one is good enough one should play, but is he honestly good enough week to week? I honestly think in a year or twos time when he has added an extra 2-5cms in height and about 10-15 kilos to his frame he is going to be our own version of GI, he is far too scrawny for my liking.

Yourself and a number of people on this forum talk about toovey "blooding young guns" often. You do realise using players not in the top 25 add extra cost to our cap and we could be endangered of going over it by using more players. Look at matt moylan in his debut season for the panthers, he played a few times and panthers were told to stop using him by the NRL because he was part of the top 25 squad and they were creeping towards the limit.

Blooding u20's in firsts most of the time doesn't work, they should be brought up through NSW cup and spend time there where the guys they are playing are similar size to firsts. IMO u20s, NSW and QLD cup should be scrapped to make way for a legit second grade comp where there would be more competition for spots and the guys playing in it would be the calibre of players literally knocking on the door ready to burst into first grade. Existing NSW and QLD cup teams feed to the second grade comp and kids from SG ball step straight up into either NSW or QLD cup teams if good enough.

I'm not against using guys like demetriou or ramien because they are absolutely killing it in u20s but I think they should progress the right way not jumping straight into first in case there's a chance of stunting their growth and ability. Take tommy t for example, he is going to be a future superstar no doubt about it but I think when killer returns he should drop back to cup he has ability no doubt about it but he needs work. Last night he was found out defensively a few times and needs to learn patience he isn't going to score all the time u20s is nowhere near the level of firsts. People have said he if one is good enough one should play, but is he honestly good enough week to week? I honestly think in a year or twos time when he has added an extra 2-5cms in height and about 10-15 kilos to his frame he is going to be our own version of GI, he is far too scrawny for my liking.
I dont disagree with a lot of what you say and yes the salary cap is a big issue and promoting too many kids will make us vulnerable to go over the cap.

What is sad is that there are guys in the first grade who just are not doing it and our lack of depth coming from our reserve grade is telling.

I do not understand why guys like Hodges and Chee Kam have not been given a chance this season when we have really struggled around the ruck and back row.

If your e talking about Walker, Johnston and Reynolds then yes, I guess they were involved in one g.f however the tide will turn. This new crop of TomT, Pearsall, Knight, Ramien and Demetriou position themselves perfectly along side DCE and some experienced hard nuts.

I think Ramien and TomT can be a dominant Origin and Test players. They will make it

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4