Over confident/considered losing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Seems like every Manly fan is not even considering the possibility of a loss!

We are in a good place going into this one but anything can happen in these finals games, just ask Wests!

A poor start, run of penalty's against you, bounce of the ball and things can go wrong.

Brisbane are no chumps, even without Lockyear. They may even be better without him.

Hope the team has a good mindset.

You've been living in Brisbane too long, Commander!

Time to move south of the Storey Bridge for a while - there is more sunshine south of the border than you might think!

have considered it. I just think Des has got these blokes in a really superior mind-set.Even if we cop some bullshiit penalties, and the run of play goes the other way, I'm confident the boys will not lose the plot. Might be heart attack stuff, but I'm quietly confident.

True what CC says, there will be a large number of totally stunned Sea Eagle fans in a daze should the unthinkable happen.

I'll be one of them, I see zero chance of a loss :)

Des has sent this team out with their game heads on almost every time this year, they won't falter now.

As much as I'd like to say "wash yur mouth out CC"...he is right, we do need to steel ourselves if this happens, football is a funny game, like horse racing, we have seen many dead set favourites fall at the final hurdle.....this is far from "job already done"...and lets just hope the players know that as well...over confidence is a real game killer

Mate, not looking good at this stage. In previous years, I booked flights ect for the GF back in April/May but I admit I wasn't as confident of going all the way this year, back then. Right now, flight prices are really scary and over the top. No possibility of using FF points either :(

WAMF said:
Failure, whilst a possibility, is not an option.
Hope Springs Eternal :angel:

There are enough doubters, we dont need to boost their number.
I am riding the optimism wave till it stops, be it this week or the next; its more fun than expectations of losing :)

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Seems like every Manly fan is not even considering the possibility of a loss!

We are in a good place going into this one but anything can happen in these finals games, just ask Wests!

A poor start, run of penalty's against you, bounce of the ball and things can go wrong.

Brisbane are no chumps, even without Lockyear. They may even be better without him.

Hope the team has a good mindset.

Even bennett said no lockyer..no brisbane...

Mark from Brisbane said:
As much as I'd like to say "wash yur mouth out CC"...he is right, we do need to steel ourselves if this happens, football is a funny game, like horse racing, we have seen many dead set favourites fall at the final hurdle.....this is far from "job already done"...and lets just hope the players know that as well...over confidence is a real game killer
Confidence breeds arrogance and success. Favourites only fail if they loose focus. WE will **** those broncos big time!!!

Manly have already played the broncos without Lockyer this year. Flogged them at Suncorp. They will do it again.

bones said:
Manly have already played the broncos without Lockyer this year. Flogged them at Suncorp. They will do it again.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but they will never break your Sea Eagles Spirit bones.

I'm quietly confident about this particular game as I believe that Brisbane have been riding the Darren Lockyer wave of hysteria for the last month or so (that can only last so long) and I also feel that they played their GF last week.

Until this week we have been very effectively under the radar and disregarding the infamous brawl, unhyped. Even now it's not about us winning: it's all about how hated we are... And I believe that's to our advantage :)

Regardless, I'm proud of our boys and how far they've come this year :)

WAMF said:
Mate, not looking good at this stage. In previous years, I booked flights ect for the GF back in April/May but I admit I wasn't as confident of going all the way this year, back then. Right now, flight prices are really scary and over the top. No possibility of using FF points either :(

You could drive perhaps

I went to the 1997 Grand Final vs The Knights without considering a loss. We had beaten them the previous 11 times or something stupid. It was all but sewn up with 20 minutes to go, the rest is history.

Yeah if we get beaten it will be a shock, but boy we have had a great season, and just like the Bronco's we can really look forward to 2012.

I see it as a 60-40 proposition. If we get a few trys on early it should be an easy day at the office. However, i think it will be a bit closer than that. Put it this way, the Broncs are paying good money. Almost too good not to back. I'm manly through and through, but $3?

Our coach is way to smart to let complacency and over-confidence creep into the team. Plus we don't have big-headed egos (ala Wests/Tigers) in the team. A win here and by plenty. Am I ever wrong?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
WAMF said:

You could drive perhaps

My best hope is that the West Coast Eagles make it through to the AFL final in which case Qantas and Virgin may put on extra flights for that purpose. From Melbourne, I could pretty much walk :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6