Over development

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I was thinking, after I read about Foran coming through and developing as  5/8 that we are going to be in a position in a few years where we have an over abundance of 5/8's in the game.

At the moment we have a complete shortage of genuine 5/8 players, I mean I could name them easily on 1 hand, the rest are just mediocre halves, back rowers or some other form of stop gap playing there.

It seems in our game we see a problem and rush head long into fixing that problem without considering the future in more minute detail. It essentially means that if this starts to happen and we have an over abundance in that position then other positions will suffer.

It has happened time and time again and the current shortage is a direct result of over development of back-rowers and also of the changing shape of the game and the need for size all over the park.

we also have 3 centres who have been internationals/SOO reps in the last couple of years whereas a few years ago we brought back tezza cause we could not find a thing

I thought Williams was penciled in the lock position. Bailey would do and even Matai would cause some damage in that position.  Seems we have a well balanced side for the next few years.

DSM5 link said:
I thought Williams was penciled in the lock position. Bailey would do and even Matai would cause some damage in that position.  Seems we have a well balanced side for the next few years.

Jeez, Des will need to work a miracle to get Tony Williams right for the forwards - big and lazy is my impression

Josh Perry was lasy at Drugcastle ! Not very lazy now is he ??

1.B Stewart
2.D Williams
3.J Lyon
4.S Matai
5.M Robertson
6.C Bailey
7.M Orford
8.J Perry
9.M Balin
10.B Kite
11.A Watmough
12.T Williams
13.G Stewart

14.H Lestrange
15.A Cuthbertson
16.J King
17.G Hall

Very strong side. If Williams doesn't pull his weight he will be dropped.

My thoughts exactly King. I wouldn't be surprised if Hargreaves is gets a chance before him anyway.

Kenny Edwards got a good wrap on the MSE match report for last weekend - he might be on the big improve next year as well

King link said:
Josh Perry was lasy at Drugcastle ! Not very lazy now is he ??

1.B Stewart
2.D Williams
3.J Lyon
4.S Matai
5.M Robertson
6.C Bailey
7.M Orford
8.J Perry
9.M Balin
10.B Kite
11.A Watmough
12.T Williams
13.G Stewart

14.H Lestrange
15.A Cuthbertson
16.J King
17.G Hall

Very strong side. If Williams doesn't pull his weight he will be dropped.

Yes, but while fans were decrying the signing of Perry, I was very confident that he would come good, not so sure about Williams though?

Williams is being played on the wing (where he only plays in 1st grade) in a side that has no forward pack.

God knows why Hagan doesn't play him in the back-row or off the bench.

I hope that Tony Williams.

1. Gets no injuries while still at the peels

2. Des puts him thought tough training in the off season

3. He's in the NRL side and in great form.

4. He plays against he's old team Des tells him to run at will
  and he cuts them to ribbons.

Now that would make my day oh well wishful thinking lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8