Overreaction

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Yes everyone we lost to Broncos are we the first? No. Are we the first team that the Broncos have flogged? No. We are almost certainly in a rebuilding phase. The club is struggling to get players on the paddock. We almost went into the half time break at 6-12 which was awesome. I'm sure we all expected this loss? But why is everyone treating it like the end of our season. Sure the team lacked enthusiasm but would you be like that after you tried everything, the bounce of the ball was against you so was the ref? Of course you would be flat half the team is out injured while the rest of the side is also struggling with other injuries but they are playing on in pain. It's obvious Tom was still very sore I saw him limping during the game a lot also. Walkers wrist flared up quiet a lot also. I can guarantee that TB isn't going about the game this weekend as it was acceptable. It will surely give the boys a real kick up the ass and hopefully we can knock out the premiership favourites next week. Manly aren't a team that just lies down we will get back up and we will return to our true form, I just think this year we have been badly treated by the NRL. We have the hardest draw by far in the NRL 5 day turnarounds the top 3 sides in 3 weeks! Injuries have ruined our season it's the fact we are still turning up week in week out that makes me proud to support this wonderful club. A good patch is just around the corner for us is can tell and DCE will be at the centre. The calls for Barretts head are highly premature as he has barley any control at the club. He has been forced to pick crap teams due to injury and Jamie Lyons crusade to avoid the 5/8 role hasn't helped baz being forced to use walker as our 5/8. Manly aren't planning a future with walker at 5/8 I can assure bob Fulton was trying to sign Coote as 5/8 but he decided to go to cowboys.

All in all manly are going to be a top side once again soon enough. A team with the Trbojevic bros, Cherry-Evans, Taupau, Walker and Parcell does not simply play horribly for the future based on lack of drive and enthusiasm. It showed in round 3 and 4 that when we get the same team on the park for consecutive weeks we can challenge great teams and packs like roosters and sharks. But one thing is certain if manly continue with walker at 5/8 the club is going no where anytime soon. Best to sign a 5/8 or move Tom wright there and fix this whole mess up in the backline. Remove Stewart, Lyon and Matai so we can re gain our deadly backline that scared teams. Also Tom T is essential at fullback for the future he will give us that real threat back with a fast and reliable fullback. I back manly to pull them selves out of this mess. Manly are a top 8 side give them time and time together on the paddock as a proper team and they will deliver.

#STRONGER TOGETHER

Yes everyone we lost to Broncos are we the first? No. Are we the first team that the Broncos have flogged? No. We are almost certainly in a rebuilding phase. The club is struggling to get players on the paddock. We almost went into the half time break at 6-12 which was awesome. I'm sure we all expected this loss? But why is everyone treating it like the end of our season. Sure the team lacked enthusiasm but would you be like that after you tried everything, the bounce of the ball was against you so was the ref? Of course you would be flat half the team is out injured while the rest of the side is also struggling with other injuries but they are playing on in pain. It's obvious Tom was still very sore I saw him limping during the game a lot also. Walkers wrist flared up quiet a lot also. I can guarantee that TB isn't going about the game this weekend as it was acceptable. It will surely give the boys a real kick up the ass and hopefully we can knock out the premiership favourites next week. Manly aren't a team that just lies down we will get back up and we will return to our true form, I just think this year we have been badly treated by the NRL. We have the hardest draw by far in the NRL 5 day turnarounds the top 3 sides in 3 weeks! Injuries have ruined our season it's the fact we are still turning up week in week out that makes me proud to support this wonderful club. A good patch is just around the corner for us is can tell and DCE will be at the centre. The calls for Barretts head are highly premature as he has barley any control at the club. He has been forced to pick crap teams due to injury and Jamie Lyons crusade to avoid the 5/8 role hasn't helped baz being forced to use walker as our 5/8. Manly aren't planning a future with walker at 5/8 I can assure bob Fulton was trying to sign Coote as 5/8 but he decided to go to cowboys.

All in all manly are going to be a top side once again soon enough. A team with the Trbojevic bros, Cherry-Evans, Taupau, Walker and Parcell does not simply play horribly for the future based on lack of drive and enthusiasm. It showed in round 3 and 4 that when we get the same team on the park for consecutive weeks we can challenge great teams and packs like roosters and sharks. But one thing is certain if manly continue with walker at 5/8 the club is going no where anytime soon. Best to sign a 5/8 or move Tom wright there and fix this whole mess up in the backline. Remove Stewart, Lyon and Matai so we can re gain our deadly backline that scared teams. Also Tom T is essential at fullback for the future he will give us that real threat back with a fast and reliable fullback. I back manly to pull them selves out of this mess. Manly are a top 8 side give them time and time together on the paddock as a proper team and they will deliver.

#STRONGER TOGETHER
A lot of what you shared here is fine, but I take up this part... Successful people do not use those things as excuses. Poor decisions, bounce of the ball, injuries, etc do NOT MAKE a person flat unless the person allows it to. While we cannot control many of those factors we CAN control how we choose to respond. Choosing to throw it in and use external stimuli as an excuse is not the mindset of a successful winner. The response to all those factors is exactly what I find more disappointing than the factors themselves.

Q&A time...

But why is everyone treating it like the end of our season.

Simple really. The team lost a game they were supposed to lose but it did not bother them. Smiles all around after the game, plenty ef excuses and technical explanations from the coach. I'm sick of it - they are getting paid, I get that!. Reality: Manly are $3.25 to make the top 8, in other words long odds on to do equal or worse than last year. This is not Manly.

Of course you would be flat half the team is out injured while the rest of the side is also struggling with other injuries but they are playing on in pain.

The entire team played in pain last year, or distraction, or half the players out but after almost every game you walked away feeling like they had a dig and it was Manly players under those jumpers. After that crap last night I want Starling and Mateo just to feel it more like 2015 again. Sounds ridiculous, but its true.

But one thing is certain if manly continue with walker at 5/8 the club is going no where anytime soon.

100% right. Get him out of 5/8 it is so wrong.

NYEagle

it's not about losing to Brisbane.. it's the corporatisation, constant emails about membership renewal, moving home games for money to suit your rivals after complaining of too little home games, having what appears to be a thunderbird puppet as the 'head coach' and the general level of bs everyone associated with supporting the club (players included) has had to listen to.

apart from that it's fine.

it's not about losing to Brisbane.. it's the corporatisation, constant emails about membership renewal, moving home games for money to suit your rivals after complaining of too little home games, having what appears to be a thunderbird puppet as the 'head coach' and the general level of bs everyone associated with supporting the club (players included) has had to listen to.

apart from that it's fine.
It's just conceptually staggering... that we have this professional competition that utilises a salary cap under the objective to even out the comp, yet, the powers to be put their head in the sand to obvious inequalities like this.

It just simply melts my cortical functions to try and comprehend the ridiculous advantages afforded the Broncos that are never addressed...

"Why is everyone treating it like the end of our season"

This is a little confusing.

I just read a post from you today listing all the remaining games and suggesting we would get flogged by the gummies next week,with similar results in the following fortnight and go on to win 3 or 4 more games at most for the rest of the season and you then went on to castigate another poster who disagreed with this.

3 or 4 more wins would almost guarantee us the spoon if it wasn't for the Knights yet now we are "hopefully going to knock out the gummies next week". I would think that a prediction of 3 or 4 more wins for the season places you yourself fairly in the camp that believes our season has in fact ended.

It isn't good but it ain't over.This club has a habit of surprising people.

Last edited:
It is way too early to judge this team. If you look at the first 10 games, sure we are well short of where we want to be. At no stage have we had our best team out there and most of our games have been short turn arounds where we have been at a disadvantage.

I predict that during the origin period you will see the team take shape better and if we can get some troops back we will do a lot better.

Right now we are feeling the pain of being belted by teams 1 and 2 and that may well continue against the sharks next week.

As Susan said, Stronger Together!! The team will get there.

If we beat the Sharks will it be like after our last win when people were saying Lyon should play on another year lol

Whilst they were flogged by the top 2 teams,it's not those matches that worry me.Their 4 wins have come against 2 teams they beat for fun yr in yr out,Sharks and Warriors,they were very lucky to beat Roosters,who are 15th and were very unconvincing against 16th placed Knights,who have been massacred in the games either side of playing Manly.

In reality a season is never "over" regardless of results.

A few wins,some luck with injuries and combinations falling into place then we may see a run for the eight and the fans get on board.
A few more bad losses then the sheer pressure from outside and within forces a change of approach from coaching and admin and the introduction of new ideas and personnel.Youngsters like Knight and Hynes may get a chance and shine,just like the early 90s with beaver and co,walker may move to the centres and flourish,the club may bite the bullet and go all out for a top liner to partner DCE in the halves...a footy club is a dynamic beast and history has proved our club always finds a way.

We have been spoilt by a decade of greatness.All great clubs go through this at some stage ...witness Carlton,Essendon and Collingwood right now.Probably the 3 biggest clubs in the land.Its just part of being a fan.

Turbo I enjoyed the positive post. Often after thinking a re-evaluating we can see things from a different point of view. I was devastated after the loss despite it being predictable.
The home away from home game, giving the donkeys fans a chance to laugh their arse off at us was extremely disheartening. Our players smiling after the game irritated me no end.
After reflection the game could have been closer with one non-forward pass break to the try line called back and another clear try disallowed. I'm sure we'd have all felt a little better if our scoreline had at least 8-12 more points, which it should have.
We also had a player courageous enough to take to the field the week his Mum passed away. Very commendable.
We do have many problems that need addressing but the winning or losing attitude spreads to to the fans who stop believing in their team. I'd like to keep turn my attitude and start believing again. Still a long time to go.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7