Overseas fans, livestream

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Just wondering if anyone overseas used the free VOD livestream.com of any NRL games last year?

It looks like this is the only offering they are doing in Amsterdam for viewing NRL games, as the Aussie bar may play some but not on normal TV.

Surely the quality of the official VOD that the NRL have is going to be much better than the other streams?

Feedback and thoughts?

Need to start getting prepared for how I will be watching games this season

I used it while i was in the US last year mate. I was surprised how well it worked on my phone with a wifi connection. If you're using a pc with a nice fast connection i reckon it would be pretty good. I can't remember exactly but i'm sure you can watch them live or on replay. I watched them on replay at a reasonable hour which may have had some to do with the quality.

Yeah want to see the live performance most. Friday and Monday night games I'll likely be watching on replay but the rest want to get live and hopefully it's better quality than the other streaming services

Is it high def? And legal? Livestream.com is their official vod outside Australia and nz

And livestream is viewable in NL so just more looking for a review of quality of the live games, otherwise I'll go with a proxy solution

No proxy needed for international viewers, fantastic quality (720p) assuming you have decent bandwidth.
The Australian Pub in Amsterdam shows big games - Origin et al - on Setanta Sports. Worth a look if you fancy a few late morning beers.

jwaa said:
No proxy needed for international viewers, fantastic quality (720p) assuming you have decent bandwidth.
The Australian Pub in Amsterdam shows big games - Origin et al - on Setanta Sports. Worth a look if you fancy a few late morning beers.

Cheers mate. Aussie pub is alright and May head in for origin games. Make a business meeting of it ;)

As for bandwidth internet here is ridiculously fast so 720p works well

Livestream.com works perfectly, the only pain being that Manly played so many Friday and Monday games last year which made it difficult to watch during working hours.

The previous season I paid over €100 for a season only to have it free this last season.

Proof is in the pudding that the NRL is run by idiots.

I hope you are enjoying Europe so far Dan, we have been very lucky with the weather until now.

weather has been great, apprently will get a little colder next week, but I will be sunning it up in LA :)

Dan

I just tried livestream.com and the NRL seems to be banned in Canada - http://new.livestream.com/nrl?query=nrl&cat=account

Can anyone else confirm that the 2014 NRL season wont be able to be viewed on livestream.com in Canada?

Thanks!

SwornEagle said:
I just tried livestream.com and the NRL seems to be banned in Canada - http://new.livestream.com/nrl?query=nrl&cat=account

Can anyone else confirm that the 2014 NRL season wont be able to be viewed on livestream.com in Canada?

Thanks!

Although I've only heard of livestream through this thread a week ago, I tried looking at options last year via the nrl and it seemed to be that as North America has the footy rights via sportsnet, then the nrl don't allow any streaming, etc for those countries.

I think it's a case of sportsnet has paid for the rights, make those people in those countries use it.

Though with a vpn you can always show you're from another country and bob's yer uncle.

I just pay for the extra channel. Though they did the worst gf coverage in the fact they split the coverage over 2 time slots. I didn't get to see the last 10 minutes....and don't wish to.

Not sure about the North America part. I definitely used it when in LA last year. Wasn't live though. I watched a replay.

It depends on your region overseas, no? Nrl site streaming never worked for me in London. I used vipbox and another which I can't recall right now. Will use the same when I'm back in London in early March

Dan if you know anyone with the premier sports channel (which shows all nrl), try and pinch their online login. I've used that before, it's better quality than the previous site mentioned

Lord Eagleton said:
It depends on your region overseas, no? Nrl site streaming never worked for me in London. I used vipbox and another which I can't recall right now. Will use the same when I'm back in London in early March

Dan if you know anyone with the premier sports channel (which shows all nrl), try and pinch their online login. I've used that before, it's better quality than the previous site mentioned

@globaleagle

*cough*

Dan can you get setanta in holland.
Their overseas channel has every rugby comp and the NRL on it. They also stream.

Not part of the subscription package at our flat

^^^lol, I know the power of saying "I do."

because i am fabulously wealthy with an amazingly awesome wifeikins....

I just pay sports net world the $20 a month and go from there.

boring, I know.

*not all that wealthy....I mean I had to share that 70 mill lotto win with 1 other....bastard! <- hey that word got edited!!!

erm....pm me for details maybe...call me maybe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6