Overstating the "not up for it" excuse.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People tend to overuse the "not up for it attitude" as an easy way to explain a loss, yes it's a contributing factor but not always the underlying major issue.

It's impossible to maintain a high level attitude in such a brutal contact sport all year what you have to do is mask the low points with class, clinical precision in execution and a will to win when the game is close.

Our technical structural issues/bad habits in attack and not being able to score feed into our defence not the other way around. When you combine the above with our major attacking weapons on the sidelines these results are a no brainer.

Yes sickness, attitude and players out can be offered as genuine excuses but we had enough ball and field position in their 1/4 to score 2-3 tries and we didn't. With two international/rep halves and enough reps in the remaining players--- not scoring points in the first 20mins last night is unacceptable even when the attitude is not "up for it"

Bennett tends to create defensive patterns that are good laterally on their line flooding the areas of ball play with good numbers. You need to either go wide and come back through the middle with hard straight runners(not just crab across and not link with a straight runner) or use shorter more direct and flat passes up the middle before going wide.

Foran in attack usually gets shown up in these games---to be honest for over a year now his effectiveness in creating decent assists or line breaks has been on the slide. Yes injury once again contributes but his attacking passing game is not developing a more rounded edge.

DCE is also developing bad habits that started last year also---both get caught out during "night games" more often than not during the regular season.

We can turn this around but it's getting to the point now where luck and injuries really need to be on our side more so than ever before.

More attacking drills that limit the ball playing to the middle 1/3(width wise) with only one pass outside the zone allowed need to be developed. I have a few in mind that combines shuttle runs for the defensive set to add fatigue into the equation but i'm employed somewhere else these days so only a brown paper bag deal will do lol.

In short Manly need shorter ball playing and flooding attacking areas with more options closer in field.

The Parra game is not a good indicator of great structures in attack as Parra were diabolical.

So you are saying Kelly that we should copy the dogs short forwards passing game. I agree this "didn't turn up" excuse being trundled out because they are a team down the bottom is bs. There are no easy games in NRL doesn't matter who you are playing and disrespecting the opposition by saying that is poor form.

Our(oops)Canterbury short passing game through the forwards is more in use further away from the tryline. Short second man passes to reduce gang tackling and it also sucks in outside defenders to rush up on the second man receiver if the defender is not sharp enough coming out of the line an overlap will occur on the edges.

We also use flat direct short balls to take advantage of holes up the middle but what i'm explaining in my first post is not really related to general field of play passing like these two examples.

Ballin and the halves over-use long passes making it easy for the defensive line to read the play and flood the edges with defenders. It starts with more short direct passing from Ballin and DCE to hold the central defenders which provides more room and less defenders aiming up on the outside backs.

More showing and going up the middle then popping a pass before or during the tackle

More "genuine" decoys up the middle to keep the inside defenders honest

More shorter flatter simple passing up the middle taking advantage of good leg drive forwards "winning the tackle" meaning landing front on square face down offering a fast play the ball on the next play with a condensed defence.

This thing about the media promoting this so called new short passing game we have developed has been in use with Manly for years---it is why i stated Brent has been coached to play this way in past posts so i did not knock him---i just wanted a more balanced version as it was taking too much away from the go forward.

The main difference is that the Bulldogs have more genuine ball playing forwards who mix up their passing beyond just second man plays up the middle so really just taking what Manly use and developing it further. In such a short time frame it's amazing they have surpassed Manly's forwards in this area.

We are suffering the same issues with an overly reliant right to left play with Barba as our main attacking weapon and are behind Manly in this regard. As you may have noticed on the Sunday Footy show Barba is not comfortable passing left to right and is more a ball runner on the right due to this.

Your last paragraph sums up our shortcoming this year. The 4 props are not hitting it up the middle doing the hard yards first by bending back the defensive line and then getting quick play the balls. Maybe because our 4 props are becoming too big,slow and old maybe??????

butthurt said:
djaraboy said:
It all comes back to the fact that the dogs have a more capable forward pack then the sea eagles.

i envy them. i wish we had their coach

And their recent premiership success record!!!!!! Oh and their record for cheating,rorting and lieing.

mickqld said:
butthurt said:
djaraboy said:
It all comes back to the fact that the dogs have a more capable forward pack then the sea eagles.

And their recent premiership success record!!!!!! Oh and their record for cheating,rorting and lieing.

I dont see why everyone keeps bringing up the cheating? it happened a decade ago.

I guess we just like to remind bulldogs supporters from 'the kennel' that sign up here about your team's misdeeds.

djaraboy said:
mickqld said:
butthurt said:
djaraboy said:

I dont see why everyone keeps bringing up the cheating? it happened a decade ago.

I dont care if it happened a century ago. You cheated and lied and <edit: play nice mick>

Yes it did happen a decade ago didn't it. As did your last cheat assisted premiership. You guys haven't won anything yet. Yes you have a great coach and are amongst a host of sides who are in with a chance of a poremiership. However Berries Boy's you don't have a record to match ours we are superior in history iun every area........oh except the five wooden spoons you guys have collected....you have the wood on us there 5 to zip.

Mate, i dont care to be honest. I just dont see why it has to be brought up? The game at hand is 10 years after the incident and it should be a cracker of a game. But as it stands, the dogs forwards have a more ball playing background to them, as opposed to the sea eagles.

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/member.php?u=19788

Also glad we can score try's off more than just sheparding.

globaleagle said:

We already came to the conclusion that i have an account on the kennel in a different thread.

bones said:
It's been 3960 days since Bulldogs fans had something to celebrate

What, winning a premiership by being allowed to continue to cheat and rort.

djaraboy said:
globaleagle said:

We already came to the conclusion that i have an account on the kennel in a different thread.
Sick of the **** on your own forum then?

I love how Mr I gets schooled by doggies supporters every time he opens his trap over on the kennel with his stupid biased nonsensical comments.
No wonder they can't all wait to get out of there and on to ST.

The moron can't quite understand why Manly would play the Stewart brothers on Friday night.
http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=96079

BTW, what sort of suspension is Kasiano looking at? 2-3 weeks min I would think?
He certainly didn't miss Fui Fui's melon.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6