Ox exits Raiders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Coach David Furner says Canberra can't be held accountable for Matt Orford's wretched year and premature exit from the club.

The Raiders yesterday confirmed the 2008 Dally M Medallist would be leaving despite having two seasons to run on his contract. The Raiders and Orford's management are in negotiations over a settlement.

It's unclear whether the 33-year-old will retire. Given he managed six games with the Raiders and hasn't played since May, it's unlikely any NRL club will throw him a lifeline.

Furner denied the club should have done more research into his medical history before offering a two-year contract with an option for a third. ''No, the injury he sustained, and had the operation on, was done in the pre-season,'' Furner said.

Lee Gaskin

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/orford-exits-raiders-20110903-1jrdt.html

They signed him for 3 years ??!! WTF. How did they ever think that was a good deal ? Someone down Canberra way has been had big time.

Love him or hate him,Ox is one of a small and illustrious group of footy players.He has captained Manly to a premiership win.Good enough for me.

I bet he ends up at Souths on a nothing incentive contract. I would think he was around Melbourne in the Maguire days and would fill the whole created by Sandow. Watch this Space.....................

conanu said:
I bet he ends up at Souths on a nothing incentive contract. I would think he was around Melbourne in the Maguire days and would fill the whole created by Sandow. Watch this Space.....................

Wouldn't hurt [email protected] least if Ox is injured,he'll still turn up for training,unlike sandcow,who went MIA.Ox is a lot more mature,and not prone to listen to outside influences.Wouldn't mind betting a certain "mouth" is involved with sandcow.

2f2debb63c48d2714c7480be604ae6c6.jpg

Chip and Chase said:
They signed him for 3 years ??!! WTF. How did they ever think that was a good deal ? Someone down Canberra way has been had big time.

They signed him for 2 years with an option for a 3rd.

I don't hate him i just don't rate him as a great half. Neither do Canberra. They came 2nd last. Says it all. I'd rather Daly on his current form than an 08 ox.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6