Oztips problems

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lillchip

Reserve Grader
Is anyone an Oztips comp manager?
If so....
1. Have you been able to "clone" last seasons comp yet?
2. If not do you know how or when you can do that?
3. Do Oztips annoy the hell out of you but since they have all your comp details you're reluctant to change?
4. Do you have a contact phone no for Oztips? (since they NEVER answer help emails)
5. Do you know of any better online NRL tipping comps which allow you to set own rules and work well?

Footy tips dot com works well for me. What kind of rules are you trying to set?

Key needs:
1. Ability to close the round for all tips before the first game of the week. Reason being many comps have tips required 5 mins before each match as the weekend progresses but it's unfair if say some tipsters have ability to make a late switch (ie say Parra lose 4 key players hours before the game) whilst others miss out due to say working etc.
2. Ability for all tipsters to see each others tips once the round has closed for the fun of knowing who's tipped who.
3. Ability to see updated table after each match.
4. Ability to decide amount of bonus points for perfect round or in fact have none (some comps it's automatic bonus points with no option)
5. Ability for manager to submit late tips for genuine cases of say someone working late and missing the cut off by half an hour etc

Footytips.com.au was never very flexible years back but perhaps better now?
Oztips works quite well once it's up and running, but every year it's the same frustating joke that it's currently less than 2 weeks before R1 yet the comps have STILL not been re booted from 2015 to 2016. Plus there seems to be no way of contacting them other than email which they NEVER respond to.

We used oztips for the work tipping comp last year.

Worked well because I won it.

In the fair dinkum department, it's a bit clunky.

BREAKING NEWS:
Oztips have announced today they are shutting down in May, and therefore won't be running any further comps including NRL. Nice of them to announce it 6 days before the season starts.

I've just switched the comps I manage to a new site called itips.com.au which works really well, dead easy to join and/or create comps, and has a good iPhone app too.

I'm in an other tipping comp using ESPN Footy tips. Seems to work well

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4