Pack lacks grunt big time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That was the litmus test tonight for me.I have been reasonably confident all year mainly due to the lack of too many great rivals but our forwards wont be good enough this year unfortunately.We simply cant control big sides when they start rolling.Lui will help a little and we will always put in but we just haven't got the firepower in the pigs.

This is not a panic.Simply a reasonably obvious observation.

forward Pack?

Wow how I wish we had it. Many here will shout me down. Well Parra,Souths, Tigers and a few more smacked us. So what's the excuse this week? Until we can bend a pack then we are not a force to be reckoned with.22 points against us plus a try that was disallowed does not make me feel as If we are on song for a title charge. I guess a lot of excuses will come out such as we are still no.1, etc. And all the BS.
We are not good enough at present. On this performance nor will we be when the whips are cracking.

RE: forward Pack?

Yep no denying it we are cannon fodder in the finals.. A shame well probably sit through 2 weeks of floggings in the finals.
Why the hell would you leave Lawrence on the field who was literally on one leg? Fmd

susan said:
That was the litmus test tonight for me.I have been reasonably confident all year mainly due to the lack of too many great rivals but our forwards wont be good enough this year unfortunately.We simply cant control big sides when they start rolling.Lui will help a little and we will always put in but we just haven't got the firepower in the pigs.

This is not a panic.Simply a reasonably obvious observation.

A good observation. Lawrence also slows down at the point of contact before pumping the legs with defenders on him... when he doesn't gain advantage in the defensive line it allows him to be dominated.

Pepi said:
Yep no denying it we are cannon fodder in the finals.. A shame well probably sit through 2 weeks of floggings in the finals.
Why the hell would you leave Lawrence on the field who was literally on one leg? Fmd

We won't get flogged in the finals. Just need to muster some more passion!
We will come back. Suggest you soft! Doubters toughen up! Yourselfs!

It's just too easy to roll through our forwards. They lack any agro or the ability to step it up when the opposition get a roll on. Just too much of this creeping in now.

I'm not saying we're gone for the year, most people were saying the opposite as little as a few hours ago.

But i think it is a correct observation that the last few games win or lose, has seen teams take it to us through the middle, beating us more often than not.
Some will say there's been help from refs, some will say others walk off the mark, some will say "try making metres when defending for so long" which is all true at times, but there doesn't seem to be much punch lately.

It isn't the finals yet, that's a whole new ball game and we'll be there unlike a bunch of other teams.

I do wish our pack would get over the top of others more...

Smarter play in opposition quarters would relieve the pressure on our forwards. :cool:

Tommy is too slow in his reaction, very surprised at how he blew that first half try by not looking to his left at all, and the noticeable gap between a run and a selected pass. He is over thinking what he needs to do - run forward and look for support :idea:

Anthony I haven't posted in 2 months Been following from overseas. I thought it was a reasonable observation given our performances of late.Gutsy but not dominant and that doesn't win comps.I never doubt our guys efforts, we are a great club but our personel is just a bit lacking to be a threat at the back end.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2