Pack leader

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
In light of the recent exoduses of players leaving last and this year, I think we need to bring in a no nonsense lead by example type forward..... I'm really hoping the club look seriously at Beau Scott, he's the same type of player as Kennedy and could bring his hard nose attitude to lead our next generation of forwards...... I know we have plenty of back rowers but , we don't have a leader in our pack... some of the guys we have in our pack would be lucky to get a run in most other NRL sides, sure we need some props but Scott is a must to give this pack some direction.

Yep we definitely need an 80 minute forward leader. There's not many of those guys left in the game anymore unfortunately. Remember some real tough bastards like Campion, Kennedy, Gillmeister, Hohn, Gillespie, Pay, Lance, Tony and Mark Carroll

I agree, but I can't stand Scott. Unfortunately there are not many of these old school forwards left . So I'd take him.

With this strategy, we need to sign up players like Abraham papalIi, Sam lisone, mark ioane to learn from him at a young age.

Of course our club is working on a plan, I just hope it's a good one, I think they severely underestimate the quality we have lost and what it bought to our team. And it's a ll well and good to have heaps to spend, but if the quality is not there to spend it on, then what's the point.

Yep we definitely need an 80 minute forward leader. There's not many of those guys left in the game anymore unfortunately. Remember some real tough bastards like Campion, Kennedy, Gillmeister, Hohn, Gillespie, Pay, Lance, Tony and Mark Carroll

Totally agree

The problem with Beau Scott is he has pretty ordinary hands and struggles to make any impact in attack; he is good at shoring up an edge and not much else. Yes, he is very tough, but as much as he won't lose you a game, he won't win you one either, and I tend to think we need some big nasty props to make an impact, rather than another honest toiler.

Im pretty sure Scott won his team the game when he destroyed Thurston all night long a few weeks back.

That said, he is not a fit for MWSE.

G'day all,I can't say I've ever been a fan of the bloke but if you want an experienced hard head with mongrel and leadership abilities you would surely have to have Gallen at the top of the list.
cheers mike

The problem with Beau Scott is he has pretty ordinary hands and struggles to make any impact in attack; he is good at shoring up an edge and not much else. Yes, he is very tough, but as much as he won't lose you a game, he won't win you one either, and I tend to think we need some big nasty props to make an impact, rather than another honest toiler.
You wouldn't be buying Scott to win games just add that mongrel and leadership that's missing, once the forwards can hold there own week in week out , our backs will do the rest.

Certain players need to stay as one club players and I think Gallen should end his career as a shark... Glen Stewart in a souths jersey just isn't right.

As for new signings surely we can sign some serious young talent and hopefully get one or two experience forwards. JAMES Tamou is the only one left that would be awesome especially if the interchange rule is changed to 6.

You wouldn't be buying Scott to win games just add that mongrel and leadership that's missing, once the forwards can hold there own week in week out , our backs will do the rest.
I can see your angle, I just think he is overrated and I don't really think he brings outstanding leadership...he just hangs down one edge and makes good reads in defence. He doesn't get the ball and show the way, just takes middle of the road hit ups. BK is twice the player Beau Scott has ever been. I am not suggesting he'd be the worst signing, but I don't think he is the missing ingredient. Meat axe props will have more impact than Beau Scott.

Gallon will never leave the sharks, we need to be looking at realistic options

Agreed. Not only would he not want to leave the Sharks but he is one of those players that just fits with his current club.

Similarly different is Thaiday (someone here recently wanted him at Manly) who I would rather see stay with the Broncos.

Jake Turbo is a future leader, as for getting a leader now we need someone who will set an example to the young guys. We need to throw a decent offer out there to an experienced forward.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6