• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Heading your way, and I have spent the last 3 weeks watching them so thought I would give a little run down

You should hammer then imo, but they do have some potential there

Batting is a real struggle for them at the moment, and Yousuf admitted today he is worried how they will go in Australia. Openers are ok, they lack a decent number 3, and Yousuf still shows class but doesn't look the same player he did 3 years ago. The man to watch though is certainly Umar Akmal, he may not make a truckload of runs in Australia this time around, but he is an out and out superstar in the making. He doesn't muck around, so what you do see of him should be exciting

Bowling wise, they are a steady unit. Aamer is only 17, but bowls up over 140km and is very reminiscent of Akram, again like Umar he will be a superstar in the future, rate him highly. Asif keeps the ball up and in the right spot so could be a handful, Gul runs in and goes hard all day, and Kaneria is a class leggie with plenty of variety in his arsenal

Fielding, you are in for a real treat here, easily the worst side I have seen in this area. In Wellington they dropped 12 catches, most of them easy, the best being a lollipop at short leg which he juggled 7 times

You never know what you are going to get from the Pakis. World beaters one day, park cricketers the next. I'll be disappointed if we don't give them a touch up though.

When are you guys going to canonise Daniel Vettori ?

He is an amazing cricketer C&C, nothing natural about any part of his game, but all parts of his game are outstanding. Moves up to 6 and scores a ton straight off. And he is doing it all with a bung shoulder that needs an op at the moment, he can't throw the ball in from the fence

I read something the other day that went along the lines of

"He is NZs best batsman, bowler, fielder, is captain, selector and coach, and Mike Hussey is called Mr Cricket for merely batting" lol

Mike hussey isnt called Mr Cricket for batting, otherwise over the last year or so he would now be known as Miss cricket.

In the same vein as Prince he is soon to be referred to as "The Artist Formerly Known As Mr Cricket"

The majority of the Australian team will struggle to sit down tonight after the commentators were so far up their arse today

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4