Parra offer Hoppa unders to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't see parramatta getting out of this to be honest. I'm no contractual legal eagle, but he signed for $800k/season (allegedly) and in doing so turned down other clubs. They've misled him and inhibited his ability to earn a similar amount at another club when doing so.

Parra can EAD...

Agree @KOMORI There wouldn't be another club in the nrl silly enough to pay him $800k.

Parra were the only ones stupid enough to sign him on that before his mission, so now they should pay him. You can't whinge when your gamble doesn't pay off. Man up Parra and pay the man exactly what you thought he was going to be worth, but sadly isn't. Suck it up and get the cheque book out.

I love this story :)

And even after all this. Foz and Choc still beleive it will be different for them. Parra have been paying overs to steal talent for years. They are way worse than we ever were because they tirned every player into a dud.

Can't see parramatta getting out of this to be honest. I'm no contractual legal eagle, but he signed for $800k/season (allegedly) and in doing so turned down other clubs. They've misled him and inhibited his ability to earn a similar amount at another club when doing so.

Parra can EAD...

Hoppa's Manager didn't do his job and followed up with Parra registering the contract with the NRL. It is only enforceable then. @:cool:

Don't see how Hoppa can win this as it's just negligence by his Manager - he should go after him for the difference :lightbulb:

I suppose it comes down at what point the contract is deemed binding* (within the world of the NRL). I don't think it's as cut and dried as usual contract law because of the registration process but it might go something like if you have a contract whereby terms have been agreed and it's for all intents and purposes "registerable", then it would most like go in Jnrs favour.

*my legal opinion is worthless.

Hoppa's Manager didn't do his job and followed up with Parra registering the contract with the NRL. It is only enforceable then. @:cool:

Don't see how Hoppa can win this as it's just negligence by his Manager - he should go after him for the difference :lightbulb:
The bone of contention might be that they sacked the CEO to avoid it being registered.

True, but Hoppa's Manager should have followed it up once the CEO left - like Foran's did.

The 800k he originally got was a gift from the Gods, so this seems to be Karma for being avaricious :D
Foz though just wanted the money which he's still got. They just took out a term Parra no longer wanted. Hoppa is getting a lot let cash isn't he? Really though let them fight out a costly legal battle. Maybe Parra can get a discount from Shine...

Hoppa jnr is stuck there now. He is not half the player he was when he was 20 and at whingermatta he does not have the quality around him that he had with us. Its a shame as he is so gifted. Shame he took their money over what he could have enjoyed with us. All too late now.

Yeah it's hard to feel sorry for him when he shafted the club that developed him just to chase a quick and easy pay day. He should have known better too, every player who goes to Parra ends up worse.

I think the whole idea of throwing crazy money at players is fraught with peril. If it feels like easy money to them they'll be less motivated to put in the hard yards.

Big Hoppa Snr will be spewin' about all this lost income. If i remember correctly John was the driving force in sending Will to Parra for the cash. Maybe John can go around ask parra for the contract to be honoured.

Reading the article......parra are playing hardball.

1)We aren't honouring the contract you think you have,
2)We are only offering 200k,
3)If you go elsewhere we aren't paying you a cent, and
4)If you go to another nrl club we aren't paying any of your salary.

!!!!!

Possibly a win win for manly fans....

Parra, who we all think suxxorz are off to court...and

Hoppa whom we all think did the dirty on us is copping some karma.

I guess we'll see if bozo really runs the show is he gets the hoppa family another manly contract!

ta dah!

I said before I wouldn't be surprised if Hoppa sits out the season and I think that's becoming more and more likely.

Yeah cause whilst this court case goes on he cant really play for anyone else otherwise parra will use that against him in court.

I think parra will have some legal penalty for this case. I think its an arguement to see if hoppa contract is legally binding, and if so what are the penalties.

Even if he wins, would he even want to play for a club that doesnt want him there.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2