Parramatta 40 - 8 Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've got to hand it to the faithful parra supporters who keep putting their hand in their pocket to support this rabble. While I'll never feel sorry for them, those that keep showing up are truely rugby league faithful.

1 Daniel Tupou
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Krisnan Inu
5 David Williams
6 James Maloney
7 Daniel Mortimer
8 Paul Gallen
9 Kevin Kingston
10 Joe Galuvao
11 Tony Williams
12 Justin Horo
13 Feleti Mateo

14 Jamie Buhrer
15 Jeremy Latimore
16 Jeff Robson
17 Ash Graham

Nice team Parra ... Lol
Not much forward depth on the bench, but this team would smash the current Eels.

Hard not to feel sorry for them when the Eels fans sitting next to us last night were overheard talking about how much they are hoping to get Peter Wallace for next year and were then genuinely excited with their late try.

We even felt a bit mean showing so much disgust when we let them in for that try.

Winning IS everything, but a lop sided comp isn't.

I hope they get their act together and become competitive again. Much prefer to beat a good team than a reserve grade one

When I went to the toilet at halftime I heard a young boy, who looked about 5 or 6, say to his dad 'Manly are good aren't they Dad'.
He was wearing his little Parramatta jersey and I could tell he was imagining parra being as good as manly. It's the kids I feel sorry for. There were hundreds of them in their parra jerseys kicking footballs around on the field at full time.

bones said:
1 Daniel Tupou
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Krisnan Inu
5 David Williams
6 James Maloney
7 Daniel Mortimer
8 Paul Gallen
9 Kevin Kingston
10 Joe Galuvao
11 Tony Williams
12 Justin Horo
13 Feleti Mateo

14 Jamie Buhrer
15 Jeremy Latimore
16 Jeff Robson
17 Ash Graham

Nice team Parra ... Lol

Albert Kelly > mortimer

bones said:
When I went to the toilet at halftime I heard a young boy, who looked about 5 or 6, say to his dad 'Manly are good aren't they Dad'.
He was wearing his little Parramatta jersey and I could tell he was imagining parra being as good as manly. It's the kids I feel sorry for. There were hundreds of them in their parra jerseys kicking footballs around on the field at full time.
If what you say is true bones it is painfully clear that DOCS in nsw are not upholding their charter of protecting the children.

CAMBO said:
bones said:
If what you say is true bones it is painfully clear that DOCS in nsw are not upholding their charter of protecting the children.

Sorry Cam... You misunderstood. I went to the toilet to pee. Nothing else happened.

I agree with Globaleagle. I have never like Parramatta, and I am not about to start now. It is as plain as day where their problems lie, obviously there is something wrong with their recruiting system, and Sticky has proved to be an ordinary coach. Sticky is apparently the nicest bloke on the planet, he was a legendary player, but has a terrible record as coach, of anyone, not just Parra. I heard their CEO on the radio during the week. The reporter asked if he was worried about their legion of tragic's jumping out of buildings? He said, no, we have plenty of money, and we expect the roster to greatly improve in the coming years. I think he said the wanted a top 6 finish by 2015? He also said they have the faith in Ricky? This is what is embedded in the clubs culture. By the time they work out how to win the "Tin Mug", Manly has already won 3 :)

i don't like eels either, but let's be fair. Ricky got a crap roster and he is cleaning out. No coach would be doing much good with that roster.

haven't heard too many great signings for next year, but if no top 8 in year 3, then i would be tapping Ricky on the shoulder.

Brookie Brawler said:
Hard not to feel sorry for them when the Eels fans sitting next to us last night were overheard talking about how much they are hoping to get Peter Wallace for next year and were then genuinely excited with their late try.

You should've slapped 'em all around the head. There's no excuse for that sort of stupidity. :shy:

Eels retention policy is near non-existent. Here is the facts about them. This sort of thing has been going on with them for over a decade. They see themselves more of a business running on pokies, big leagues club and brainwashing people to buy memberships. They spent A LOT on trying to sign up new members to their club when they should have spending it on retaining their players or trying to do something about the piss poor performance of the last couple of years. While at the same time they constantly give away players to other clubs if they are becoming too good and pricey and keeping only an exception or two to give the illusion of trying to compete. No matter how many times they change CEOs, it would always remain the same. The plan and culture set by the long running Denis Fitzgerald will remain at the club long after his departure. The stagnation and corruption of the club will remain as it has been for over a decade.

Hard to retain players with a decent retention committee when they keep sacking coaches and support staff every 6 months. If they've got so much money why wouldn't they have been smart enough to get someone like Ivan Cleary 2 years ago. Maybe Ivan was smart to steer clear of the place and not wreck his career.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8