Parras culture or poor signings??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts said:
I knew there would be many idiots sinking the boot into Sandow after tonight if they lost. Yes he is paid too much and I hear he was not brilliant tonight but its rd 1. Last year we were gone after round 1 according to the experts on here and elsewhere.

Only an idiot would see it as sinking the boot into Sandow.
My thread clearly states he looked tubby - almost a mini Owen Craigie & it says something about the pre season diets/training ect at that club in its current form.
He is hot & cold - who can argue with that ffs?? overpaid - no doubt but the Eels have to pay overs atm.
I also gave an example of a few recent signing & if Matua was a steal - so he should have been, did anyone notice he is not there in 2012.
They had 3-4 signings last year that retired before the season finished so I stick by the fact plenty is wrong out Parra way- hence the culture.
Sure its only round 1 but you would expect him to be in better shape & this is not just a Sandow thing , it includes the training staff & overall management.

Both teams lacked any structure in attack. Would Parra have been better with Hayne? Maybe, but managing both Hayne and Sandow might prove difficult. Both teams defense was so so, but realistically both these sides would have been thrashed by us last night. I wondered last season why Parra thought that Kearney was their saviour, and with a full three months to get his plays on song, it just doesn't look promising. Parra headed for the spoon. The Bongoes will struggle to get into the 8, if what they put on the park is their best.

MK Eagle said:
Garts said:
I knew there would be many idiots sinking the boot into Sandow after tonight if they lost. Yes he is paid too much and I hear he was not brilliant tonight but its rd 1. Last year we were gone after round 1 according to the experts on here and elsewhere.

My thread clearly states he looked tubby - almost a mini Owen Craigie & it says something about the pre season diets/training ect at that club in its current form.
He is hot & cold - who can argue with that ffs?? overpaid - no doubt but the Eels have to pay overs atm.
I also gave an example of a few recent signing & if Matua was a steal - so he should have been, did anyone notice he is not there in 2012.
They had 3-4 signings last year that retired before the season finished so I stick by the fact plenty is wrong out Parra way- hence the culture.
Sure its only round 1 but you would expect him to be in better shape & this is not just a Sandow thing , it includes the training staff & overall management.

Matua played last night.

Top End Eagle said:
MK Eagle said:
Garts said:

Matua played last night.
Watched with sound down at Uni - did he do well??
I will confess out of the players who signed last year he was easily most impressive- maybe had more to prove to himself & at least is still there.

Sound first post. Accurate, at least.
Top End Eagle said:
MK Eagle said:
Garts said:

Matua played last night.

SwornEagle said:
MadMarcus said:
I'm very concerned about the lack of talent at our feeder club these days...

Well the Roosters wouldn't be concerned about the lack of talent at their feeder club

Didn't we feed Hoppa Jnr (and to a lesser extent Hoppa Snr) to P/matta?

I watched the game last night and quite enjoyed it. Just like I watched Thursday's game Illawarra and New-Car-Sule. Last year's Manly team would have had little trouble beating the four teams we have watched so far this year.

Neither P/matta nor Brisbane looked extremely fit but that will come during the season.

I'll also be watching the Penrith v Dogs game tonight to see what difference if any the new coaches have made to their new teams. Last year's grand finalist coaches going head to head with their new clubs.

Tomorrow will be a good test to see if we have maintained and/or improved on our performance under our new coach from last year.

All I know it's a very long season and we should see a lot of good footy over the next few months.:)

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Did anyone see the news footage the other night of Hayne with no shirt on? He had a gut nearly as big as mine.
Well he can't use the old excuse of just wearing a fat shirt then.

I thought the young winger for parra went ok, can't remember his name Seo or Sao.
Bronco's got off to a slow start but their a big young side that will do some damage, thought Wallace stood up in the absence of Lockyer.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Sandow looked like a pigmy with berri berri running around last night. Parra fans will be slitting their wrists in six weeks time.

Lol.

Quote of the season, will be hard to top this one.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Did anyone see the news footage the other night of Hayne with no shirt on? He had a gut nearly as big as mine.
Yes he did look 8 weeks preggas.

I have tipped Parra for the spoon and Broncos to win the minor premiership (with us winning the title, of course), but I may have to revise my thinking. Parra were actually better than I thought they'd be (especially without their best player), and Brisbane were worse.
I still think Parra will come last, but Brisbane will need to play a lot better to make the four. Naturally, knowing that you play every Friday night helps their chances.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4