Part time contracts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
It's foolish for the NRL to think that all clubs need only 25 first grade salary capped players. The younger teams may get away with that; but for us, we are better off keeping the older players at 50% fulltime salary capped payments.

The catch is, these part time players would only be allowed to play half the allotted games.

Players union, on our behalf, should make an application to vary the current nrl enterprise agreement, permitting players, as per the FW Act, the right to apply for part time work at part time rates.

These laws cover private sector employees, including nrl players.

Players would be permitted, as per the national employment standards, the right to make a written part time work application. The club would have a legislated obligation to reply to that flexible work application within 21 days.

The clock ticks and I'm trying to think of creative ways to keep all the players we want and allow them all to retire gracefully at MANLY.

We need the support of the players union.

PS Employees and players are permitted to request any form of flexible work arrangement. We can have players on 50%, 80% or wharever, play and pay deals.

It's not just the vibe of the thing, it's the law!

Interesting, I love the idea. However it means that clubs could spend more money, and remember the cap is not there to create an even comp, it is there to stop clubs spending more than they earn.

Actually, we wouldn't be spending more than the cap; the older players would be getting paid less to play less games.

If the older brigade all took a 25% pay cut to play 25% less games per year! their bodies could last longer and into the fourth year, one year more than they would have expected, they would not be out of pocket.

Simple maths.

Whilst we are throwing ideas around, how's this.

The Home team captain can elect not to take half time ... just play on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6