Paul Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
He has done his apprenticeship before taking on a first grade roll !

He has got a great squad that was put together from Neil Henry !

He is a fantastic coach !

Anyone notice how he uses his interchange bench ?

TAMOU, SCOTT, TAUMALOLO on for the first quarter and last quarter of the game !

Tripple substitution !

The triple substitution. I noticed a couple of years ago, Hasler was doing a double substitution, 2 130kg monsters coming off and 2 130kg monsters going on. At times, quite a clever move, especially when they had a team on the ropes and going in for an early kill.

Paul Green is a good coach because he has great cattle to work with, accompanied by the worlds best player, simple.
His job was under the pump a couple of years ago as this great side failed to deliver year after year.

Exactly, has one of the two top sides to work with and arguably the best player in the game who single handedly can turn a game.

Zero comparison with a rookie coach , working with a mostly injured , and new combination team.

Tripple substitution !
It is evident that the rookie Barrett is more Green than Green

Green is just a great coach full stop. And deserves every credit. He has suceeded at the Cowboys were plenty failed. They couldn't win in Sydney consistently until he arrived.

Preparation, culture. He changed it.

Forget the Cowboys let's consider the QRL at the Sea gulls his first year there he transformed the culture and playing structures and won a premiership in his first year.

I think they were still last half way through the season, players getting used to his structures. Then bam, a roll that sees them sneak into finals and all the way to premiers.

He is willing to think outside the square, he developed talent. He put his faith in an unknown little skinny kid who wasn't ready for first grade QRL. He Played the young kid at fullback to keep him out of the front line of defence, because he needed work, gave him a licence to be the teams play maker in attack. Jake Granville went on to be the comps best and fairest.

He is now a superb defensive hooker for his size. And an unsung hero in the boys gf win.

At the boys history repeats, lost first four, he changed everything, but they just build and build and another premiership in his first season.

The Cowboys won a high number of games last year at the death. That mentality of never giving up, staying composed, and fighting till the end was coached.

That his teams has such an amazing record of thinking under pressure, and executing a play to pull a cat out of the bag, pays this guy the biggest compliment. That grand final try was amazing, whilst some will say it's ass, when you Consider the number of great escapes last year under green, the season, the mentality, the games before had trained them, prepared for that moment.

Every premiership contains a little bit of luck. But Green deserves every credit.

Last edited:
Exactly, has one of the two top sides to work with and arguably the best player in the game who single handedly can turn a game.

Zero comparison with a rookie coach , working with a mostly injured , and new combination team.
We are approaching round 11 feathered friend and the honey moon and the excuses are getting closer to the end .
This rookie coach is not coaching school kids . He is coaching a squad of Quality experienced and International group of players
In the beginning of the season all were praising the one and only legend and immortal Fulton for his successful recruitment .
787b1c4a3d18febebadcf56202af6eb3.jpg

Green is just a great coach full stop. And deserves every credit. He has suceeded at the Cowboys were plenty failed. They couldn't win in Sydney consistently until he arrived.

Preparation, culture. He changed it.

Forget the Cowboys let's consider the QRL at the Sea gulls his first year there he transformed the culture and playing structures and won a premiership in his first year.

I think they were still last half way through the season, players getting used to his structures. Then bam, a roll that sees them sneak into finals and all the way to premiers.

He is willing to think outside the square, he developed talent. He put his faith in an unknown little skinny kid who wasn't ready for first grade QRL. He Played the young kid at fullback to keep him out of the front line of defence, because he needed work, gave him a licence to be the teams play maker in attack. Jake Granville went on to be the comps best and fairest.

He is now a superb defensive hooker for his size. And an unsung hero in the boys gf win.

At the boys a history repeats, lost first four, he changed everything, but they just build and build and another premiership in his first season.

The Cowboys won a high number of games last year at the death. That mentality of never giving up, staying composed, and fighting till the end was coached.

That his teams has such an amazing record of thinking under pressure, and executing a play to pull a cat out of the bag, pays this guy the biggest compliment. That grand final try was amazing, whilst some will say it's ass, when you Consider the number of great escapes last year under green, the season, the mentality, the games before had trained them, prepared for that moment.

Every premiership contains a little bit of luck. But Green deserves every credit.

Finally, a man that calls a spade.. a spade ! It is incredible that people dont think he is CRITICAL to the Cowboys winning a premiership and leading the comp again this year !

Our fans are hypnotized with the PENN propaganda machine !

PAUL GREEN is miles ahead of Barrett and always will be!

Finally, a man that calls a spade.. a spade ! It is incredible that people dont think he is CRITICAL to the Cowboys winning a premiership and leading the comp again this year !

Our fans are hypnotized with the PENN propaganda machine !

PAUL GREEN is miles ahead of Barrett and always will be!

I'm no Barrett fan, nor a Penn disciple ( in fact faaaaaaar from it), and whilst we are at end of the excuses @BOZO I just don't think it's a fair comparison.

Yes he's better than Barrett ( by a country mile ) but he's also had years more experience and as I say a set of players currently only equaled by the Donks.

And whilst not offering another excuse you cannot discount the fact that they have zero injuries , and it's been like that all year and Barrett's trying to wind his way around 6-8 out every week.

I'm sorry but again it's just not a fair comparison.

I'm no Barrett fan, nor a Penn disciple ( in fact faaaaaaar from it), and whilst we are at end of the excuses @BOZO I just don't think it's a fair comparison.

Yes he's better than Barrett ( by a country mile ) but he's also had years more experience and as I say a set of players currently only equaled by the Donks.

And whilst not offering another excuse you cannot discount the fact that they have zero injuries , and it's been like that all year and Barrett's trying to wind his way around 6-8 out every week.

I'm sorry but again it's just not a fair comparison.
I'm sorry feathered friend but what has Barrett done so far to show that he is the class act that he was made out to be ???

We are approaching round 11 feathered friend and the honey moon and the excuses are getting closer to the end .
This rookie coach is not coaching school kids . He is coaching a squad of Quality experienced and International group of players
In the beginning of the season all were praising the one and only legend and immortal Fulton for his successful recruitment .
View attachment 3695
Two things.

1. Judging by an Interview aired on Channel Nine before our Round 1 match this year, it was Fulton himself who decided to install Barrett there.

2. Who do you think this is, telling the coach what to do?
SDBPmkx.jpg

Bozo is not blameless in this mess we find ourselves in.

Two things.

1. Judging by an Interview aired on Channel Nine before our Round 1 match this year, it was Fulton himself who decided to install Barrett there.

2. Who do you think this is, telling the coach what to do?
SDBPmkx.jpg

Bozo is not blameless in this mess we find ourselves in.
Barret and his coaching staff are at the helms of our team . Unless you have proof news paper articles are what we wipe our ass on

When you look at our squad, we have quality players.

Current Manly players who have played or still play test footy include (current in bold):

Lewis Brown (NZ), Daly Cherry-Evans (Aust), Pita Godinet (Samoa), Isaac John (Cook Islands, NZ), Api Koroisau (Fiji), Jamie Lyon (Aust), Steve Matai (NZ), Feleti Mateo (Tonga), Nate Myles (Aust), Toni Santini (Tonga), Brett Stewart (Aust), Jorge Taufua (Tonga), Martin Taupau (NZ), Siosaia Vave (Tonga), Dylan Walker (Aust), Brayden Wiliame (Fiji), Matthew Wright (Samoa).

Then there are those like Jake Trbojevic (PM's XIII), Tom Symonds (City Origin), Darcy Lussick (City), Brenton Lawrence (PM's XIII) and Jamie Buhrer (NSW).

Its not like Barrett is coaching a bunch of mugs.

okay lets not compare Barrett to Paul Green !

Lets compare decision makers at the Cowboys VS decisions makers at Manly ( Penns / Owners ) Who also employed Bob Fulton & Barrett !

The ones that pay the bills, call the shots !

Paul Green is a good coach because he has great cattle to work with, accompanied by the worlds best player, simple.
His job was under the pump a couple of years ago as this great side failed to deliver year after year.
Agree mate. JT could be the captain coach of that team and they'd romp home at the end of the year.

Tripple substitution !
You or I could coach the cowpokes with the cattle they have at their disposal.

Barret and his coaching staff are at the helms of our team . Unless you have proof news paper articles are what we wipe our ass on

I question decisions of influential people in the club because:

1. Geoff Toovey was released from the last year of his contract after finishing in the top 4 for three seasons (including the 2013 Grand Final), and then ninth. Because it is a "results based business".
- Club replaced him with a rookie coach.

2. David Heath was sacked after leading the Holden Cup team to the Grand Final last year. I still don't know why.
- Club replaced him with a rookie coach, who then got promoted to NSW cup.

For the record, this is how well Manly is doing this year:

NRL: Position 12 out of 16
NSW Cup: Position 10 of 12
Holden Cup: Position 16 of 16

Someone has to be accountable for making those decisions. To blame this 100% on Barrett is incredibly short-sighted.

I question decisions of influential people in the club because:

1. Geoff Toovey was released from the last year of his contract after finishing in the top 4 for three seasons (including the 2013 Grand Final), and then ninth. Because it is a "results based business".
- Club replaced him with a rookie coach.

2. David Heath was sacked after leading the Holden Cup team to the Grand Final last year. I still don't know why.
- Club replaced him with a rookie coach, who then got promoted to NSW cup.

For the record, this is how well Manly is doing this year:

NRL: Position 12 out of 16
NSW Cup: Position 10 of 12
Holden Cup: Position 16 of 16

Someone has to be accountable for making those decisions. To blame this 100% on Barrett is incredibly short-sighted.
You sound like you are short sited reading my posts feathered friend . I was referring to our NRL performance
Many sides have won premierships and had no success at NSW and Holden cup level !!! :)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6