Paul Green

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our squad is average, said it before a ball was kicked off.

We are a fringe top 8 side at best.

Wake up people and do yourselves a favour, check how many Manly players would make the 17 of the Broncos or Cowboys. It's hard to make a case for a single player.

Better still count the Origin players selected from each club. That will give you a fair indication of the strength of our squad.

I doubt Clive Churchill could get our team higher than about 6th spot.

Like it or not.

You sound like you are short sited reading my posts feathered friend . I was referring to our NRL performance
Many sides have won premierships and had no success at NSW and Holden cup level !!! :)

Nope.

You complain that Barrett is not doing the job... But you are not asking why are we firing good coaches and replacing them with unproven rookies. :confused:

You seem to be assuming that the club is making the right decisions, and working your reasoning from there.

Transformation isn't easy.
Barret and his coaching staff are at the helms of our team . Unless you have proof news paper articles are what we wipe our ass on

@BOZO bozo bozo. Can the real bozo please stand up. Your a little defensive today my man. This news paper article is very interesting. @Ranger is value adding to discussions about our club, it's performances, the performance of our coach and who responsibility rests with. This article is something isn't it.

They are rather relevant topics.

He's sticking up for Barrett really. Its not like u to not support a positive posts about our club.

You don't really think we should be that naive to not consider our rookie coach is just a fascade, or baz is on training wheels do you?

Evidence. What's he need evidence for?

Nope.

You complain that Barrett is not doing the job... But you are not asking why are we firing good coaches and replacing them with unproven rookies. :confused:

You seem to be assuming that the club is making the right decisions, and working your reasoning from there.
That is your assumption and not mine feathered friend .
I just hope we can get a win tonight against the Sharks and keep our winning record against them intact .

Transformation isn't easy.

@BOZO bozo bozo. Can the real bozo please stand up. Your a little defensive today my man. This news paper article is very interesting. @Ranger is value adding to discussions about our club, it's performances, the performance of our coach and who responsibility rests with. This article is something isn't it.

They are rather relevant topics.

He's sticking up for Barrett really. Its not like u to not support a positive posts about our club.

You don't really think we should be that naive to not consider our rookie coach is just a fascade, or baz is on training wheels do you?

Evidence. What's he need evidence for?
If you wish to believe in the newspaper fairy you can
The real Bozo is the Legend and Immortal that brought us 5 out of our 8 premierships to our club . I am just the clown that loves our Sea eagles :)

@BOZO

Hey my feathered friend, you don't seem your normal positive self today.

I never thought I'd hear you say " well he's had 10 rounds and so enough of the excuses" ( not a direct quote but you get the drift).

I think we will get smacked tonight, we just simply are not in the same class as any of the top 4 or 5.

We " almost" won a couple of games against higher ranked sides , but have looked pedestrian v the top two, and I don't expect much more v the Gummies.

It's not much fun in this position , but I'm hopeful things will improve in the next few years ( yes I think it will take that long).

@BOZO

Hey my feathered friend, you don't seem your normal positive self today.

I never thought I'd hear you say " well he's had 10 rounds and so enough of the excuses" ( not a direct quote but you get the drift).

I think we will get smacked tonight, we just simply are not in the same class as any of the top 4 or 5.

We " almost" won a couple of games against higher ranked sides , but have looked pedestrian v the top two, and I don't expect much more v the Gummies.

It's not much fun in this position , but I'm hopeful things will improve in the next few years ( yes I think it will take that long).
I can clearly recall you never tipped our Sea eagles against the Sharks earlier in the year when we pulverised them feathered friend. :)

We played ok that day against the Sharks too. It was a good solid win. Walker defended reasonably well, he showed real promise. Dam we've taken some steps backwards since then, even individually.

I wonder if Walker is carrying a major injury and shouldn't even be out on the field? All eyes are on him tonight for me.

If our 6 was working, I still think turning this team around this year is possible.

Last edited:
When you look at our squad, we have quality players.

Current Manly players who have played or still play test footy include (current in bold):

Lewis Brown (NZ), Daly Cherry-Evans (Aust), Pita Godinet (Samoa), Isaac John (Cook Islands, NZ), Api Koroisau (Fiji), Jamie Lyon (Aust), Steve Matai (NZ), Feleti Mateo (Tonga), Nate Myles (Aust), Toni Santini (Tonga), Brett Stewart (Aust), Jorge Taufua (Tonga), Martin Taupau (NZ), Siosaia Vave (Tonga), Dylan Walker (Aust), Brayden Wiliame (Fiji), Matthew Wright (Samoa).

Then there are those like Jake Trbojevic (PM's XIII), Tom Symonds (City Origin), Darcy Lussick (City), Brenton Lawrence (PM's XIII) and Jamie Buhrer (NSW).

Its not like Barrett is coaching a bunch of mugs.

The thing is though - how many of those 'test players' have only played for 2nd-tier sides, where every man and his dog gets a run? How many were picked in serious rep sides once, after we'd won a premiership, and are not likely to ever be picked again? How many are years past the prime of their careers and won't ever play rep footy again?

And then look at how many in that list who have spent time on the injury list this year.

They're not mugs, sure. But they're also not the equivalent of the squads Brisbane, NQ etc have to play with.

I called out an imbecile Parramatta fan on Facebook the other day. Jerk was implying Manly are over the cap - "look at all their internationals!". And yeah, he was counting Williame and Vave in there, among others. Like being picked for a Mickey Mouse lower-tier test means you must be on the same pay grade as JT.

@yokahontas while I do see your point, I am merely pointing out that Manly actually have a number of 'internationals' on its books, even if a most of them are now ex-test players or those who play for lower ranked Pacific island teams.

@yokahontas while I do see your point, I am merely pointing out that Manly actually have a number of 'internationals' on its books, even if a most of them are now ex-test players or those who play for lower ranked Pacific island teams.

Likewise, I get your point, and understand it's a different context to the moron carrying on about the salary cap on FB, but most teams would have 'internationals' that fall into the same category as ours.

Where a team like Brisbane differs, IMO, is that a lot of their 'internationals' are current, or on the rise (some of the guys who play for Pacific countries will obviously go on to play for Aus/NZ, some City/Country players will play Origin - but for many, those lower tier rep teams will be the pinnacle of their careers, or the swan song at the end of their career).

My 2c: the 'premiership window' for most teams coincides with their established stars/internationals being at or near their peak, while the 'lower-tier' reps are on the rise towards their Origin/Aus/NZ representation period - like Milford. NQ are similar, and we were in that position a few years ago.

I just think our top tier rep players are mostly (not all) well past their peak, while most of the lower tier reps are of the 'this is the highest I'll get' variety.

Well Green has yet to stuff up a great roster like Robinson at the Roosters and Bennett did at Newcastle so I guess that makes him an OK coach. The true test comes when the salary cap bites and every possible advantage is not gifted to you.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8