Paul Kent is right, for once

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
In saying Manly will do it tough over the coming years.

Last in NYC, last in NSW cup. We've gone from having a gun NYC team, and a gun reggies team who won the Q Cup to having not a lot going for us in the lower grades.

I think a lot of the reason Des left was that the Dogs could fund a better program than Manly can and provide a pipeline for the future.

If you want to know who the dominant team will be over the coming years, it' s the Warriors. Great program; everyone kid in New Zealand wants to play for their Under 20s.

I've read this sort of crap ever since I joined this site. All doom and gloom. We have a team to follow, that's always competitive. I wonder if the two posters above can remember the last TWO grand final wins. TWO in the last four years. No other team has done that. Plus we have a GF win in the last 6 decades, every decade. Something no other team has done. Get a grip. If this is an early rebuilding stage, then good. We may do it tough, so what. Adversity makes one stronger. And as for the NZ warriors, they can't keep all their gun players under the salary cap, just like we can't.

DSM5 said:
I've read this sort of crap ever since I joined this site. All doom and gloom. We have a team to follow, that's always competitive. I wonder if the two posters above can remember the last TWO grand final wins. TWO in the last four years. No other team has done that. Plus we have a GF win in the last 6 decades, every decade. Something no other team has done. Get a grip. If this is an early rebuilding stage, then good. We may do it tough, so what. Adversity makes one stronger. And as for the NZ warriors, they can't keep all their gun players under the salary cap, just like we can't.

I agree. We have been a very strong club even through some rough times of late.

Look at some of the clubs with great junior programs and teams but yet their NRL team do nothing.

Well our under 20's actually made the Warriors boys work extra hard to get the win 2 weeks ago and there are some positive signs regarding individual players in our team. As supporters, would we prefer to win lower grade premierships and get the spoon in the NRL? I think not...as long as the teams are playing good footy and the players skills are improving then the future will take care of itself. Also, im pretty sure our SG ball and Harold matts teams are top of the table.

Rubbish. Lower grade results mean nothing when it comes to the top grade. Look at the Panthers and Eels who have dominating the junior grades for the last 20 years and how that translates to senior success. I've said it before, but player development is more important than success in the lower grades. Judging whether a team was successful isn't whether they won the comp, its how many blokes kick on and become regular first graders.

DSM5 I will talk up Manly's chances every time someone wants to talk to me about it. The reason we did well last year was by paying guys like DCE and Foran massively underweight money on their way up, not by buying the best team around up to the salary cap limit.

The way to be successful in the NRL is by producing good talent who get results and when they are worth too much money you replace them with young guys who can do the same thing but for less money.

We are heading into a cycle where we will be like the Titans; no money to spend on developing our own and having spend money on big name players.

Why doesn't one of these highly informed journalist ring David Perry and get some facts instead of trotting some garbage a scumbag player manager feeds them??

The reason is simple, there is no story in Manly set to retain stars.

Why will we have no money to develop our own? I've read that we have young guys coming through the ranks. A smattering of older wiser heads, think BK and Lyon, and we have a competitive team. It's always a pity if we find a goodie then he goes and leaves, but that's footie as it's played today apparently. And I don't blame our administration. Even with the 'apparent' dysfunction at the top, we've been outrageously successful. I don't see why this will alter.

bob dylan said:
Why doesn't one of these highly informed journalist ring David Perry and get some facts instead of trotting some garbage a scumbag player manager feeds them??

The reason is simple, there is no story in Manly set to retain stars.

What the same Perry who has been spruiking deals with Foran and Cherry for months yet nada. I this 1 I'll back the grubby journos as in Des last year were there's smoke there's fire. 1 thing that has been confirmed DCE said thanks but no thanks to the offer over 4 years. Perry has no form to back him up we have gone from Lowe an Auckland cab driver to Perry who has done what so far? Sell home games to whoever and not much else

DSM5 said:

Agreed DSM5. A strong Toyota Cup team hardly means a Premiership, otherwise Parramatta would be rivaling the 1960s St George. All you need is 2-3 players to step up each year, as has consistently happened with Manly over the last 5 years. See how the other clubs are circling over our young talent, yet our NYC Cup side has been crap for years.

And Paul Kent was wrong on 2 other counts:

1. That we're not spending to the cap.
2. That the club is not in a strong financial position. We are, despite the lack of contribution from the Leagues and Football Club.

Matabele said:
DSM5 said:

Agreed DSM5. A strong Toyota Cup team hardly means a Premiership, otherwise Parramatta would be rivaling the 1960s St George. All you need is 2-3 players to step up each year, as has consistently happened with Manly over the last 5 years. See how the other clubs are circling over our young talent, yet our NYC Cup side has been crap for years.

And Paul Kent was wrong on 2 other counts:

1. That we're not spending to the cap.
2. That the club is not in a strong financial position. We are, despite the lack of contribution from the Leagues and Football Club.

What I don't understand is how he can say we're not spending the cap when we have all the star players that we have at the moment.

Everyone needs to remember what Kent's (C**t more like it) motives are. MG pointed them out quite clearly: he did it to shake the team up and get Cronulla a win. Why the hell would DCE not say anything on the camera then tell a journo about to go on camera everything? DCE isn't an idiot.

We are in a stronger position financially than we have been since the return of the club in 2002.

Lastly, we knew DCE asked for an end to his contract. This was so he could get a better contract. It depends on how C**t worded the question to DCE.

Our biggest problem is that we uncovered the best U20's team at the same time we had the best(2009) 1st grade and reserve grade in the comp. Our other curse is that the likes of DCE and Foran had come on and won premierships in their Maiden year and made National sides straight away. Begs the question what would we have done if Hoppa didnt go to Mormons. I think Des probably asked him to do it to relieve pressure on our cap but then the whole Dogs thing happened with him and he let Hoppa go. The other problem was there would have been a plan for these young guys coming through but I reckon we didnt expect to win it last year.

We've got a great development programme going, and it's an extremely cost effective one. It's called Parramatta Eels.

If junior ability equated to premierships then penrith would have been unstoppable for the last decade. Look at broncos, they have basically a whole state to chose from, hasn't made them any more successful. Paul Kent is a clown, he can't even spell his own name properly.

Paul Kent is right about one thing. There are many out there who dont understand how rugby league administration works and how the salary cap and player contracts work. He relys on it.

DSM5 said:
Why will we have no money to develop our own? I've read that we have young guys coming through the ranks. A smattering of older wiser heads, think BK and Lyon, and we have a competitive team. It's always a pity if we find a goodie then he goes and leaves, but that's footie as it's played today apparently. And I don't blame our administration. Even with the 'apparent' dysfunction at the top, we've been outrageously successful. I don't see why this will alter.

Kent's doom and gloom: wishful thinking....

LOL as if this arseclown would have any idea what he is writting about.Once again making **** up to sell a story. Cant understand why the paper keeps spelling his surname wrong and I can't understand why he gets airtime on here.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4