Paul Kent: Matai should have got 6 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's an incident that's passed through the week almost without fuss but News Limited rugby league journalist Paul Kent believes it's disgraceful that Steve Matai got off scot-free after making contact with a referee.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sports/the-back-page/referee-contact-paul-kent-says-manly-powerhouse-steve-matai-should-have-got-a-long-nrl-ban/story-fn5k3jul-1226344162140

RE: Paul Kent: Matai should of got 6 weeks

Go **** yourself Paul Kent. That is all.

I hate Paul K*nt,filthy merkin who should keep his fat mouth shut

Edited for obscene language. Eagle, you continue to disregard the sites terms & conditions. That cant continue.

Suttor should have gotten 6 weeks for impersonating a referee.He refs footy as well as I ride odds on favourites at the races!!!!!

If he is really outraged, and I hope he is, then that makes Matai not being charged even sweeter.

If there is one show on Foxtel I cannot stand its the Back Page. Its just a bunch of bitter people with axes to grind and not to mention irrelevant opinions. I'm going to ring up foxtel and ask for a discount or the ability to block any reference of it on TV or the website.

Paul Kent: Matai should of got 6 weeks

Farking hell, that bloke's an absolute dickhead

Paul Kent: Matai should of got 6 weeks

ayjay007 said:
Suttor should have gotten 6 weeks for impersonating a referee.He refs footy as well as I ride odds on favourites at the races!!!!!

I now know why I can't pick winners on the horses your riding them ajay

Why does Paul k*nt have to drag his hatred for Manly threw the media?? Its just so childish.

Edited for obscene language. Please refrain from using obvious offensive language on public view and read the sites terms & conditions of use.

I can now officially say the prick is out to personally bring our club down. He broke the DCE story on live TV and made is sound like he wanted to leave the club, and now this. What the **** is your problem?

@paulkent_tele  if anyone wants to tweet him

@paulkent_tele will you stop impersonating a  journalist as your worse than Danny Weedler 

Comments from foxsports

Follow the action. Like Fox Sports.
12 comments on this story
Campo of Crutches says… May 01, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Toovey would have had an aneurysm if matai was suspended again

Ash Platz of Sunshine Coast says… May 01, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Simple then... have no referee's. Just have a laser light point down the line of 10m from the tackle, a whistle sound to stop the game etc. Idiot.

Mike says… May 01, 2012 at 11:48 PM
y u no

Wayne Bennett of Brisbane says… May 01, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Paul Kent you are a wa#ker! Matai barely made contact with the ref. maybe the refs should wear helmets just in case someone sneezes. No one talked about it all week because it was a massive beat up just like most of the stuff you report on. Idiot.

dirk digglers fluffer of melbourne says… May 01, 2012 at 11:51 PM
should have been given a rest for that deliberate fluffing by matai..seriously lads get banned for running into a ref when not looking he gave the pink panther a fluffing to his face. lots of ???????

Shane Alamlal of Brisbane says… May 01, 2012 at 11:54 PM
NRL too scared!!! Bunch of wusses!!!! What a joke. On ya Gallop just another puppet in the Sesame Street game.

Pete of Gold Coast says… May 01, 2012 at 11:55 PM
i love how the whole back-page sits there on their high-horse, oh steve matai's contact was worse than roachs! really? didn't roach physical reach out and pat the ref on the head twice? matai edged past the ref with minimum contact, penalty worthy? sure, but weeks on the sideline, yea right, there is a reason the back page "experts" are on a tv panel and not on any judicial review system, oh but what image does that send the kids? well if i learn everything from league, id know cocaine's the best drug for after games, its acceptable to piss on someone in a pub, and i can make broncos captain by sexually assaulting a female patron in a nightclub

of Oz says… Today at 12:01 AM
Of course he didn't get suspended. He plays for Manly.

Andrew of sydney says… Today at 12:01 AM
You are an idiot Kent, there was absolutely nothing in it, you really believe he lined him up, the only person that should be banned is you for the crap you write.

Yullah says… Today at 12:05 AM
Minimum 4 weeks. Dirty low player, you see him brace his elbow.
Did you want to make a comment? Use our form below…

RL AIN'T FOR SISSYS LIKE KENT of AU says… Today at 12:11 AM
Kent you are a hack journalist who has got every Manly related story wrong without FAIL. If you think Matai's brush warranted six weeks, then the ref that patted Corey Parker last year should hve been rubbed out for life. Go report on real stories and leave rugby league to those that really know or have played the game.

Brooke of Mount Annan says… Today at 12:36 AM
You have got to be kidding Paul Kent. Take off your I hate Manly Goggles and try to comment objectively. We do know it's hard for a small man like you, but please try. Your anti Manly comments are getting really old. Steve Mattai's accidental brush with the ref was nothing. But "Guess what PAUL KENT ? Manly hates you too".

At the risk of copping a gob full - I believe Matai was lucky not to be charged. I actually thought he was heated up and did do that on purpose. If you remember King actually interevened in the situation because it was deteriorating quickly

Kent is just havin a whinge cos he's a massive sharks fan and pissed that he's heard Matai won't be signing with them after they chased him.

He is no different to any other troll that visits this site

By reacting you are only encouraging him

I agree with you voicefromthehill. It wasn't much but if the ref deemed it enough to march him ten then I think he needs to sit down for a few weeks and think about the lines he runs back to the defensive line if it was an accident.

I'm glad for manly they deemed it nothing as I love matai in the side and Paul k*nt is still a tosser.

Edited for obscene language. Please refrain from using obvious offensive language on public view and read the sites terms & conditions of use.

No arguments about Mr Kent Brewski - he is a mealy mouthed bitter man. I actually believe that it was intentional on Matais part, a bit of red mist... That's why I love the guy, it can make him an inspiration but also a liability.

And let's face it, many of us have wished for a player to give the ref a punch in the mouth - most have the control not to though

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8