Paul Malone Comment Column in Yesterdays Courier Mail

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

QldEagle01

Reserve Grader
Did any one happen to see yesterdays column by Paul Malone in the Courier Mail in Brisbane. He was going on about how John Sattler hates Manly and therefore we all should simply because of what we apparantly did to him and Souths in the 70's. Its just a pity hes become famous because of it. It was an absoulte Manly bash up and makes me ashamed to live in Queensland actually, people up here are so niave. God help me...............................

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,24422479-10389,00.html

Makes me sick, what a waccker

QldEagle link said:
makes me ashamed to live in Queensland actually, people up here are so niave.

Just that ?  :D

There's a little column in todays Smelly about how bland & beige Manly are. Basically because they don't cheat, bash, rape or anything else like that.

Whoever wrote it is a prize fcukwit.

They're everywhere QE.

Good the more people hate us the better (& we dont care!) we won for premierships in the 1970s when opposition fans use to throw rocks at the club's supporters bus at away games.

Let them have a go I say!

Im lucky i was born and bred in Mona Vale, only moved here so im not an inbred like the rest of the one eyed bronco supporters. Ud think theyd see through Melbournes BS. Anyway as we say the more they whinge the better Manly are doing, its a great scale to assess our success.

The Wheel link said:
Good the more people hate us the better (& we dont care!) we won for premierships in the 1970s when opposition fans use to throw rocks at the club's supporters bus at away games.

They were extra big rocks when the bus came to NSO.

No - only half eaten pies & empty middy glasses thrown from Perceys

tookey link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=178605.msg199213#msg199213 date=1222830960]

They were extra big rocks when the bus came to NSO.
[/quote]

Wasnt rocks what the Norths team were paid for their service?

I love how they make out like we are the only team to ever buy a player. Sure we made the game professional, but throughout that whole period people were changing clubs.

What a joke.

As for QLDers I have been meeting a lot of Manly supporters or at least people who are supportive of us over storm, so no biggy. There are a lot of brain dead morons up here, they just stand out more than they did in Sydney

Sattler get over yourself. Even Tommy has come over to the dark side for Sunday. Is it me, or was that the sweetest victory of them all?

It's okay folk.  None of the Queenslanders can read read so no harm done.  The Courier Toilet Roll is just written for the southern ex-pats who don't know League from gridiron. 

Matabele link said:
It's okay folk.  None of the Queenslanders can read read so no harm done.  The Courier Toilet Roll is just written for the southern ex-pats who don't know League from gridiron. 

Can you type slower Mata?

I'm having trouble keeping up.

I can't help noticing that we are getting some positive press in the SMH, another good story on Matai today. I don't know if it's a Fairfax v News thing, or a Sydney v Melbourne, but they are sticking the boot into the Storm a little.

Jono link said:
I'm not liking this bandwagon crap. I'd rather they not support us.

Exactly. We thrive on the hate. We need the negative attitude.

All these chummy, friendly stories are simply going to weaken our resolve!

Jono link said:
Sattler get over yourself. Even Tommy has come over to the dark side for Sunday. Is it me, or was that the sweetest victory of them all?

Yeah I was shocked at that too. Good on him, he will make people see what we see - the best family club with the best player reputation, most former and current player loyalty and a pure identity.

Tommy is pure footy, for him to join is this years says alot about what Manly has done. Manly transcends!.

QldEagle link said:
Did any one happen to see yesterdays column by Paul Malone in the Courier Mail in Brisbane. He was going on about how John Sattler hates Manly and therefore we all should simply because of what we apparantly did to him and Souths in the 70's. Its just a pity hes become famous because of it. It was an absoulte Manly bash up and makes me ashamed to live in Queensland actually, people up here are so niave. God help me...............................

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,24422479-10389,00.html

Makes me sick, what a waccker
What a bunch of whinging sooks in that story. Check out the letters that go with it. There is really only one or two that is worth mentioning & that's "GO MANLY!!!"

makes me laugh, that oldtime crap from satts. as if the rabbits and the dragons didn't poach players from all over the place in the 60s. (It just didn't cost them too much)

john o'neill is quoted in the 'era of the biff' website recalling that the last straw at souths was being sat down downstairs at souths leagues with plates of sandwiches as the players' reward for winning the 1971 GF. Meanwhile upstairs the committee-men spared no expense with a several course luncheon with booze and the works.....

satts, who was it exactly that split south sydney apart?

How many professional players since 1972 would join you in condemning manly for taking the lead in paying top players a realistic sum of money for their blood, sweat and tears? That is, instead of keeping all those gate takings for executive committee functions and empire building?

still, he was one of the toughest sob's I've ever seen play; very skilful too.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4