Peak crowd rebate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Here is the concept:

Manly's potential peak crowd on a sunny Sunday arvo against a top of the table pretender would turn Brookie into a hostile and intimidating fortress. We could get as many as 18,000 turn up, full of voice, happily cheering the mighty sea eagles. The problem, however, is that we, the fans, players and clubs don't get to decide when we get to play.

I can accept that the nrl has to create a draw and we simply can't expect to play every Sunday arvo. I can even live with the Broncos getting the second Friday night just about always. But maybe the time has come for the nrl to compensate clubs for having to play in a ****ty time slot. Monday nights are a killer. A killer for fans who just put in a hard days work and just want to go home, snuggle up and watch the footy. A killer for players, having to wait all weekend to play in an atmosphere of a lesser crowd. A killer for clubs who would have made DOUBLE the amount of gate takings with a 'peak crowd'.

The NRL evenly grants all clubs $7.55m a year. This should change. Clubs should be paid varying amounts depending on whether each club gets a good time slot. Clubs should be compensated for drawing the short straw that is Monday night football.

Most clubs get half the crowd and half the corresponding fans attend on Monday nights. Simply divide the $7.55m from an annual grant into a weekly grant. If Manly get a bumper crowd on a Sunday arvo then we would get less in our weekly grant. If we only got half the potential crowd on a bleak Monday night then we only get half the gate takings. On those occasions, clubs should get DOUBLE the average weekly club grant.

pretty sure clubs are compensated for hosting monday night games via some kind of payment from Fox. No idea how much, or if it even still happens. I remember it being spoken about when it was introduced.
The parra crowd for the Saturday 3pm slot the other week hopefully had the suits notice, no way would they have gotten those numbers on a 7:30pm slot that night.

An interesting concept. I think if you are going to do that though you may as well evaluate the club payments based on a whole bunch of aspects. Definitely has merit though because the Ponies receive far more free to air tv time than the majority of teams which in turn impacts their advertising income.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6