Penalty Counts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
I see all the souffs morons are blowing up over losing the penalty count last night,

I was wondering is there a way we can find out Manlyseaeagles penalty counts for all games this year? I doubt we have one many if any at all...

Found them on league live site:

Rd 1 won 8-4 won 22-14

Rd 2 5 all won 32-0

Rd 3 6 all lost 16-14

Rd 4 lost 9-6 won 26-0

Rd 5 lost 7-4 won 20-6

Rd 6 lost 8-6 won 25-18

Rd 7 lost 12-11 lost 20-12

Rd 8 lost 9-3 won 24-18

Rd 9 9all lost 16-4

Rd 10 lost 10-5 drew 10all

Rd 11 lost 8-5 won 16-10

How about that? We haven't won a count since rd 1 and also in a lot of those games the counts have been evened up late in games also, this is disgraceful and really highlights the anti Manly bias!

87-63 if my math is correct for the year

Is this true ? What a friggin joke . The NRL are truly a pack of half wits . Could they be anymore obvious with there hatred towards the eagles . That just amazes me that they can get away with this crap . I'm flabbergasted .

Average bull said:
Is this true ? What a friggin joke . The NRL are truly a pack of half wits . Could they be anymore obvious with there hatred towards the eagles . That just amazes me that they can get away with this crap . I'm flabbergasted .

Yeah these are off the league live app stats, very pathetic!

I checked this out a couple of weeks ago when the media mentioned about the titan not having lost a penalty count this year. Some teams are def favored and we are not one of them.
Toovey has said, it isn't worth talking to the ref bosses and I can understand him being frustrated and saying that, however I think the should be requesting refs to come to our training sessions and questioning what we are doing so badly that other teams are not. Throw the onus back on the refs instead of just coping the rubbish calls all the time. We are a winning team and just coping the rubbish is not a winning attitude. Be smart and play smart

well since the Brisbane media ran the story about the gold coast getting a good run with penalties they have suddenly become the worst team in the league for discipline in the last 2 weeks. They have given away 20 penalties and received just 11.

Just shows you how easily influenced and dodgy the refs are.

Personally I don't see it as winning or losing a penalty count. One team is simply more ill disciplined than the other. This can be because of over eagerness resulting in leaving the line too quickly, over aggression and high tackles, or attempting to slow the play the ball down.

Refs of course do their homework at to players habits and patterns. You see this in the way that Matai is pinged for high tackles and Watmough is pinged for hands in the ruck. But to say they "hate" Manly is stretching it. We simply need to be more disciplined and not give the refs the need to penalise us.

It's not so much the penalty count as it is the penalties not awarded, what tackle penalties are awarded on and in what situation.

One very clear act of what you could describe as nothing but cheating from the ref (Checcin) was in the Melbourne game.
The Manly supporters I was with were all calling "Not square" every play the ball during a Manly set. Finally on tackle five, the ref calls to Melbourne "markers square". They squared up, we got our kick away and gained field position. Nex defensive set sees Manly with square markers on tackles 1 & 2. Tackle 3, penalty for markers not square. Melbourne are out of trouble and have a set in our half allowing a repeat set.

Now MWSE, I'm not saying we didn't do what we were punished for but in those two sets alone, the penalty count could've been 5 - 1 our way rather than 1 - 0 against.
This is how losing penalty counts is affecting us.

Matai gets suspended when he bounces up off the ball yet when he gets hit flush, it isn't an issue.
We don't need to improve our discipline. If we do, we'll be the most disciplined team in the comp. That wont win you titles. We just need to be treated fairly.

I really think that if you looked at every clubs forum they would all suggest their club isn't treated well.

I'd agree with Duff though it does certainly depend on when the penalties are awarded and where...a penalty count can be 10-2 against us at half time, and the refs can even it up in the second half to make it 10 all, but with 8 of those given on the first tackle, or multiple ones given attacking a line (that could even be 2 or 3 all at once)

Don't know how we can fix this. may just have to live with it!!

Happened on Saturday in the 2nd half. Manly had 3 sets in Raiders half & we got bogged down as the Raiders tacklers were holding down. Finally we gave up the ball by a long kick into the north-east corner where their winger caught the ball but he was hemmed in by a great kick chase. BANG! Penalty! Not getting off tackled player quick enough! One tackle versus 18!

Brissie Kid said:
Happened on Saturday in the 2nd half. Manly had 3 sets in Raiders half & we got bogged down as the Raiders tacklers were holding down. Finally we gave up the ball by a long kick into the north-east corner where their winger caught the ball but he was hemmed in by a great kick chase. BANG! Penalty! Not getting off tackled player quick enough! One tackle versus 18!

This 'craps' me too BK. The only thing (I guess) the players can do is heed the ref's call to 'get orf' as I'm sure they yell out mooooove after every tackle.

Just thinking about the earlier post about markers "not being square".
Why is this important? Wouldn't it stop a lot of dummy half running if it was legal to stand behind the defending marker but to one side? Discouraging dummy half running would be a good thing, wouldn't it?
I'm old enough to remember a rule where if the dummy half was tackled with the ball he'd lose possession. I wonder why they abandones this rule?

The Who said:
Just thinking about the earlier post about markers "not being square".
Why is this important? Wouldn't it stop a lot of dummy half running if it was legal to stand behind the defending marker but to one side? Discouraging dummy half running would be a good thing, wouldn't it?
I'm old enough to remember a rule where if the dummy half was tackled with the ball he'd lose possession. I wonder why they abandones this rule?

You ARE bloody old @The Who and I must be too as I remember that one....jeez showing or ages arn't we??

Can we have the original post edited to see which games Checcin was involved in? Somebody needs to make a Checcin-Manly highlight video.

Honestly believe he is the only 'poor' referee right now and not just in our games either. He calls things he simply could not of seen as the video catches it clearly. Like strips that are blatant knock-ons for example? Why the guess work? If you don't see a strip and the pocket ref doesn't see a strip there is a good chance there wasn't one yet they call it, have the video prove otherwise and just continue to get away with it.

I first knew Checcin was a serious problem when he cheered the Cowboys over the try line a few years back at the death of a tight game against Manly. May of been a semi or a top eight qualifier and he actually vocally yahoo'd when the break was made on the ten.

Wish I had the tape, unless the mic had it wires crossed right at that particular point in the game I'm certain it happened.

Maybe he was just excited by the great play being a football fan!!!

Giving away 8-10 penalties per game regardless of what the ref's are doing is ridiculous. If you do that all you are going to be doing for 60 minutes is tackling.

Some penalties against us are due to our style of play and some are careless; we need to cut down on the amount of careless ones.

Choc gives away two careless ones each game, get that out of his game and he'd be a worldbeater.

This is the easiest area of our game we can improve.

It needs to happen now.

Brissie Kid said:

This is what we have been up against all year. It's not only the volume of penalties but where and when they occur. Always seems the opposition get the penalty when we have them backpedalling in their own half and late in the set. Penalties we receive seem to be when we are on the attack, early in a set and it kills our momentum.

Brissie Kid said:

I remember that one. Probably the strangest penalty to give away, because if you have put a kick into the corner and hemmed in the winger with a good chase, you'd be wanting a quick play the ball whilst the forwards are still trudging back behind the play the ball.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4