Penalty Try ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Wolfman certain to score, before Vatuvei grabs him around the head

If the infringement doesn't happen and it is a normal tackle, all Wolf has to do is put the ball down to score

Isn't the rule for penalty tries along the lines of an infringement stopping a certain try ?

Tbh I'm still not sure that he didn't get the ball on the line regardless

Wolfman certain to score, before Vatuvei grabs him around the head

If the infringement doesn't happen and it is a normal tackle, all Wolf has to do is put the ball down to score

Isn't the rule for penalty tries along the lines of an infringement stopping a certain try ?

Tbh I'm still not sure that he didn't get the ball on the line regardless

The ref went off half cocked, blew a penalty, and so couldn't go upstairs.

Typical neolithic incompetence.

The ref went off half cocked, blew a penalty, and so couldn't go upstairs.

Typical neolithic incompetence.

The ref certainly didn't know what he was doing. Tried to have a bit each way. Probably mount a pretty good case for penalty try in that instance

The ref certainly didn't know what he was doing. Tried to have a bit each way. Probably mount a pretty good case for penalty try in that instance

In the process of scoring is a possible 8 point try. A penalty try you have to be certain that he was going to score had the infringement not occurred. In my view had the tackle not been high there is still a little doubt but as a manly fan we were robbed

In the process of scoring is a possible 8 point try. A penalty try you have to be certain that he was going to score had the infringement not occurred. In my view had the tackle not been high there is still a little doubt but as a manly fan we were robbed

It wasn't much of a double movement if indeed it was. On a side note you have to love Wolfies commitment.

It wasn't much of a double movement if indeed it was. On a side note you have to love Wolfies commitment.

The refs should have at least given wolfy the opportunity of the video ref. The double movement was borderline, and only really occurred because of the illegal tackle.

In terms of the rule surrounding penalty try, I agree with dan, there was too much doubt to award a penalty try.

The refs should have at least given wolfy the opportunity of the video ref. The double movement was borderline, and only really occurred because of the illegal tackle.

In terms of the rule surrounding penalty try, I agree with dan, there was too much doubt to award a penalty try.

I would have to check the tape but I thought the referee blew the penalty after Wolfie grounded the ball. In that case there is no reason at all the video couldn't have been called into use.

I would have to check the tape but I thought the referee blew the penalty after Wolfie grounded the ball. In that case there is no reason at all the video couldn't have been called into use.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4