Penn calls for calm as Manly look at Brookie security for Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
MANLY has not ruled out appointing a security detail for NRL chief executive David Gallop's return to Brookvale Oval to watch the top of the table match against Melbourne on Friday night.

Read the full article

Haha - some of you have become media stars.

From sportal.com.au

Furious Manly fans are set to vent two years of frustration and anger towards David Gallop when the NRL boss visits Brookvale Oval for the Sea Eagles-Storm blockbuster on Friday night.

Gallop has confirmed he'll attend the top-of-the-table clash – the first time he has had any contact with either club following two seasons of animosity.

Melbourne supporters are upset over Gallop's handling of last year's salary cap scandal, while Sea Eagles fans will never forgive him for standing down Brett Stewart for four matches following the club's infamous 2009 season launch.

The veteran administrator can expect a fiery reception from the Manly faithful based on the tone of the comments on an unofficial Sea Eagles fan website.

"Gallop to his credit has decided to front up," Moondog wrote on Tuesday.

"I'd be happier if he decided to !@&# off."

Another fan, Frogz, wrote: "I'd watch it on TV if i was him.....I hope we don't let him in the change room, let alone the ground....We owe that ******* nothing."

"I hope our banner makers plan on being busy," The Gronk added.

The Sea Eagles were reluctant to inflame the tense situation on Tuesday, withdrawing Stewart from a scheduled media appearance and replacing him with big brother Glenn.

The superstar full-back was all set to complete a rare interview, watching on patiently in the background for his turn as Jamie Lyon and Hasler faced reporters at the club's Narrabeen training base.

But the 26-year-old, who initially appeared in good spirits and perfect health, came down with a sudden illness and disappeared out the door leaving Glenn to explain the sudden change.

"He's just feeling a bit crook, he's going over to see the doc," Glenn told a sceptical media scrum.

"There's been a fair bit of it going around, I was crook last week so hopefully it wasn't me that gave it to him so hopefully it wasn't me that gave it to him."

Asked if the illness has come on suddenly, Glenn replied: "No, no, he's been struggling with it the last couple of days. The doc's over there now so he had to get over and see him – it's no big deal."

A clearly unimpressed Stewart said tersely when asked of Gallop's return to Brookvale: "I haven't seen him around, is he definitely coming is he? Oh well, we'll just wait and see what happens when he gets there."

Coach Des Hasler, one of Gallop's biggest adversaries, added with more than a hint of sarcasm: "That's good to see. David's the CEO so he's got every right to come out and watch a game between first and second – good on him."

Asked if he's surprised Gallop has taken so long to make an appearance at 'Fortress Brookvale', the coach quipped: "I'm not his PA so I don't know what his agenda is, so I really can't comment on that."

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/gallop-to-cop-brooky-ire-135146

I'd also call for calm, no need to go on like dickheads BUT.....banners/chants / boo's.....rip in hard and make sure this prick knows we also are still very unhappy.

Four little words could change this and they are......"we are sorry Brett"

A simple 2 mimute call on the day after he was announced not guilty could have changed everything.

I really hope he stays away, as he's not going to be welcomed by either set of fans

The stewart thing is only the tip of the iceberg, Gallop has been running the league into the ground for years. The sooner he is away from it the better.

That's cause he's a News Ltd hack!!

Take from one hand, go via a clearing house, and return the funds

over reaction much!!!

No one is going to go over the top.

Banners and chants are enough

yeah I don't see any threatening violence and if I do see those posts I will be removing them as well as issuing warnings and ask the mods to do the same.

By all means boo, chant and display your banners (keep them tasteful) that will all add to what should be an amazing atmosphere on Friday. This should by rights be a sell out and I hope we get everyone there and I can't wait to hear the chants and boos on TV for Gallop.

It has been my long held opinion that he has done enough to keep the game going, but his legacy will be one of hatred from the fans once he finally moves on. He reminds me of John Howard, just less popular than in his final days of leadership.

Dan

Is there anyone out there who could produce a mask of gallop's face that the fans could wear? (Similar to the Wally spit mask a few years ago.)

I'd love to see twenty thousand masks of Gallop's face all around the ground. With slogans plastered below the mask. Such things as "I am really sorry Brett" or "I had a knee-jerk reaction" and I suppose many other slogans could be thought of more creative people.

These masks could be a wonderful momento of the top of the table clash. They would become collector's items for years to come.

I am sure the Storm fans would love to wear such a mask as well.

eagle-rock08 said:
Is there anyone out there who could produce a mask of gallop's face that the fans could wear? (Similar to the Wally spit mask a few years ago.)

I'd love to see twenty thousand masks of Gallop's face all around the ground. With slogans plastered below the mask. Such things as "I am really sorry Brett" or "I had a knee-jerk reaction" and I suppose many other slogans could be thought of more creative people.

These masks could be a wonderful momento of the top of the table clash. They would become collector's items for years to come.

Just 20,000 Gallop masked would be hilarious

eagle-rock08 said:

They could also be used as a contraceptive device. Especially if worn by both people.

Moondog said:
eagle-rock08 said:

They could also be used as a contraceptive device. Especially if worn by both people.
Bit like Jase and Darrens Slater masks lol

I predict a full house at brookie, not only because it's the top of the table clash, but because Gallop is attending. People will go to the game just to boo Gallop. I hope people don't go over the top and make Manly supporters look like the villains.

swoop said:
People will go to the game just to boo Gallop.

This is true.

So given that gallop loves to bleat about improved crowd attendances as a KPI, the answer is clear. If crowd attendances are to rise under gallop he needs to attend every NRL match so that the fans will show up to have a go at him!

Win Win !

Jatz Crackers said:
swoop said:

This is true.

So given that gallop loves to bleat about improved crowd attendances as a KPI, the answer is clear. If crowd attendances are to rise under gallop he needs to attend every NRL match so that the fans will show up to have a go at him!

Win Win !

NRL attendance is actually down 4% this year. So that's one KPI he's not fulfilling

eagles2win said:
Jatz Crackers said:
swoop said:

This is true.

Win Win !

NRL attendance is actually down 4% this year. So that's one KPI he's not fulfilling

Thats the Titans fault, mainly because they've been busted fudging their figures in the past and also they are complete rubbish and no one goes there at all anymore.

Gallop is a douche nozzle, and I couldn't give a flying f@#k if he turns up or not. The focus should be on beating Melbourne and securing 2nd spot, not on the where abouts of this character assassin.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2