Penn's egged faced But love them still

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bit of a points differential but you never know.
Replace your coach for not performing say 9th with a spooner.
Now that would be funny in a sad way...

Get over it and move on!

An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
And isn't it ironic... don't you think

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures

yada yada yada

yada yada yada

The Riff have had a tougher year than we have, totally decimated by injury and they have struggled since they stood down Barrett.

I think its a good idea to give the guy a chance and see how he does first. Like most of you I hate what the Penns did to Toovey and the unrest that has caused this season. They have made their call and we will have to wait and see. I just hope they give Barrett the support that Toovey did not get!

That's the point sheridan. Regardless of what has gone down with the Penn's and Tooves, what's done is done and unless something drastic happens, Trent Barrett will be our coach in 2016.

I'll be honest, I want Barrett to have Des Hasler like success at Manly in that we're at the forefront of the competition and winning premierships (just without all the back-end contract BS that came with Des as coach). If Barrett fails then we're losing games and I don't think anyone who supports the club wants that.

Just remember, every coach had to start somewhere. Ron Willey, Biscuits, Bozo, Des, they all got their start in coaching because someone was willing to give them a go and between them they have given the club 8 premierships since 1972.

If we miss the finals this year, and unless we get some very good luck this weekend it looks like we will miss out, it will be only the 8th time since 1970 that we've actually missed the finals (not including the NE years but does include 1985 when we lost a playoff to Penrith) . We missed out in 1979, 1980, 1985, 1989, 1992, 2003 and 2004.

Bit of a points differential but you never know.
Replace your coach for not performing say 9th with a spooner.
Now that would be funny in a sad way...

PD doesn't matter as they are playing each other, which ever team loses will get the spoon

The Riff have had a tougher year than we have, totally decimated by injury and they have struggled since they stood down Barrett.

I think its a good idea to give the guy a chance and see how he does first. Like most of you I hate what the Penns did to Toovey and the unrest that has caused this season. They have made their call and we will have to wait and see. I just hope they give Barrett the support that Toovey did not get!

Their injurey toll has been the opposite of ours our first half was bad, their second half is bad, tougher i think not, we had 10 out for a few games they have about 8 out, they also have at least had more stability as well, we had 1 in 1 out constantly and did not finish many games with 17 fit players maybe 10 this year.

That's the point sheridan. Regardless of what has gone down with the Penn's and Tooves, what's done is done and unless something drastic happens, Trent Barrett will be our coach in 2016.

I'll be honest, I want Barrett to have Des Hasler like success at Manly in that we're at the forefront of the competition and winning premierships (just without all the back-end contract BS that came with Des as coach). If Barrett fails then we're losing games and I don't think anyone who supports the club wants that.

Just remember, every coach had to start somewhere. Ron Willey, Biscuits, Bozo, Des, they all got their start in coaching because someone was willing to give them a go and between them they have given the club 8 premierships since 1972.

If we miss the finals this year, and unless we get some very good luck this weekend it looks like we will miss out, it will be only the 8th time since 1970 that we've actually missed the finals (not including the NE years but does include 1985 when we lost a playoff to Penrith) . We missed out in 1979, 1980, 1985, 1989, 1992, 2003 and 2004.
You forgot 1999. And that list could be extended back to 1966, or 50 seasons ago. We missed out in 1967. So it will probably be 10 times during that period (we'll consign the NE days to a footballing twilight zone), after this weekend.

Their injurey toll has been the opposite of ours our first half was bad, their second half is bad, tougher i think not, we had 10 out for a few games they have about 8 out, they also have at least had more stability as well, we had 1 in 1 out constantly and did not finish many games with 17 fit players maybe 10 this year.
Well said.
And, they had a situation where the coach enjoyed the confidence of the GM and the board.
They also enjoyed a situation where their halves were not under the microscope for most of the season.
And, they didn't have Zorba...

Well said.
And, they had a situation where the coach enjoyed the confidence of the GM and the board.
They also enjoyed a situation where their halves were not under the microscope for most of the season.
And, they didn't have Zorba...
Yep, Cleary would have some of the best job security of all NRL coaches, despite taking a team from one game off the GF to possibly wooden spooners in 12 months. Even with injuries taken into account, that's a pretty dramatic slide.

On the other hand, Toovey takes a team from 2nd week of semi's to potentially 8th (unlikely I know, but possible). With not quite the injury toll of the Panthers, but significant nonetheless, plus massive off field distractions. Not a great season, but plenty of coaches at other clubs would have survived that result with barely a murmur.

However, what's done is done, and I'll give Barrett my support. The Penn's now have the club structured how they want it, so there can be no more excuses from them.

Last edited:
As I said last year when the Penn family " won the war", we need to move on and as quickly as we can.

Very very few are happy with the way a club legend has been shafted , BUT, it's happened and we can do nada about it .

I for one will support Barrett, and won't bag the crap out of him before a 2016 tackle is even made.

I have also said elsewhere our 2016 roster is not yet a Premiership winning one, more stage 1 of the rebuild.

Let's all at least give TB a chance, he at least deserves that .

yada yada yada
Not than any of that is actually irony.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7